U.S. protest group vows to disrupt Trump inaugural festivities

webfact

Just now, chickenslegs said:

Presented with the "fait accompli" (i.e. - Trump IS the indisputable president of the US). Maybe Americans should now wait to judge him on his performance, rather than the dire predictions.

Yes, of course people have fears and concerns, but I think that Hanks' implied question "Are you an American or are you a Democrat/Republican?" is valid.

I don't. It's not about republicans. It's about trump. The man is obviously temperamentally unfit to be president and holding the nuclear codes. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Saastrajaa said:

Screenshot 2017-01-20 15.30.58.png

It's easy to go when you don't have a job.

Most people just cant take off from work and expect to have a job when they get back.  Most in the crowed are non white. The same that didn't vote in this election.

Edited by USPatriot

10 hours ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Yes. Correct. Trump abrogates the Leadership of the 'Free World'. He makes America small again, just like the Isolationists in the early 20thC.

Look at the European Union this is what happens when you do not put your country first. I feel sorry for the German people Merkel has ruined the country for a long time to come

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's interesting that trump didn't mention health care considering that's the top of his agenda to repeal Obamacare. Maybe he was trying to not rub salt in the wound to Obama who was sitting there, but still, it was WEIRD. 

Work starts now: Back under Churchill's watchful eye, Donald Trump enters the Oval Office for the first time as President and immediately signs an executive order to begin the repeal of Obamacare

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

7 hours ago, USPatriot said:

Look at the European Union this is what happens when you do not put your country first. I feel sorry for the German people Merkel has ruined the country for a long time to come

Narrow-minded, parochial garbage.

Not that you and the other bigots will look but here is a link to 13 images of German people welcoming Syrian refugees.

http://elitedaily.com/news/politics/germans-welcoming-refugees-photos/1204413/

The European Union is a celebration of diversity and cooperation that has eradicated armed conflict between its members. Yes. Look at the European Union. The grandness of its vision easily overshadows the smallness of Trump-Land and his mindless, angry and selfish supporters. American is being diminished starting noon on January 20.

1 hour ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Not that you and the other bigots will look but here is a link to 13 images of German people welcoming Syrian refugees.

The European Union is a celebration of diversity and cooperation that has eradicated armed conflict between its members. Yes. Look at the European Union. The grandness of its vision easily overshadows the smallness of Trump-Land and his mindless, angry and selfish supporters. American is being diminished starting noon on January 20.

I'll bet you are wrong

I guess this is the reality in which we are currently living in.

I posted a photo with Vladimir Putin, the master of Trumputin, in the middle of the picture and our right wingers were happy about it.. as well as left winger were not.

Nobody didn't bother to spend time with details as long as the message was in some way what they believed it should be. 

23 hours ago, oilinki said:

These guys are going to kick snowflakes ass.
article-1369485-0B4FFF9100000578-679_634

15 hours ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

The Hutus and Tutsis celebrated their diversity. 

17 hours ago, Dale59 said:

Pretty lame protests. Liberals failed miserably at running our government, why would we think they could organize a decent protest! America is back folks so suck it up buttercups!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I did not think that America had ever gone away, now decent presidents, that is another matter

23 hours ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

The EU eradicated conflict? Maybe others like England, US, and Russia came to help eradicate the repetitive wars and then rebuild.  I'm not anti EU, but having grown up in and travelled extensively in Europe, I kind of liked the many diverse countries and cultures. The US, another big Union with 50 states, eradicated its wars in 1865.

As an older and more mature Union, I suspect the US's long and deepening divisions may well be a future problem for the EU. I can almost guarantee it, if people everywhere don't start working to understand the cause and who it benefits. They certainly don't benefit the people.

I certainly wish all Europeans and all Americans well. Don't you?

12 hours ago, rabas said:

The EU eradicated conflict? Maybe others like England, US, and Russia came to help eradicate the repetitive wars and then rebuild.  I'm not anti EU, but having grown up in and travelled extensively in Europe, I kind of liked the many diverse countries and cultures. The US, another big Union with 50 states, eradicated its wars in 1865.

As an older and more mature Union, I suspect the US's long and deepening divisions may well be a future problem for the EU. I can almost guarantee it, if people everywhere don't start working to understand the cause and who it benefits. They certainly don't benefit the people.

I certainly wish all Europeans and all Americans well. Don't you?

Not really sure why you ask whether I wish europeans and Americans well. Since this particular discussion is about immigration, then can I assume that you believe that immigration has a negative impact on Europe and America?

I believe that the divisions in Western democracies are generational. I was wrong about the timing of the rise of influence of the next generation and the last gasp of the irrelevant old men is impacting negatively on the World. That will soon pass. There will be new issues for contention once the Culture Wars, already won by the Liberals, finally pass into bad memory. Until then, we just have to endure the likes of donald and his fanboys.

I further assume that your reference to the 'diverse' cultures within Europe is a response to the immigration issue? I too have and continue to appreciate cultural diversity but such cultures do not stay pressed in amber. Just because people still live in medieval fortress cities in parts of Italy does not mean that they live a medieval life or are governed by medieval standards. Cultural change and evolution is constant. Immigrants from muslim countries will change these cultures just as the immigrants themselves will be changed. I do not see that as  threat but as a benefit. I once visited the national institution for artists in Bhutan and saw the artists creating traditions Bhutan works of art. All such artworks were prescribed by cultural exceptions and regulations. They were all the same. No originality. No creativity. Limited and pre-defined expression. I asked them what happens when an artist wants to move outside the prescribed order and was told that such artists have to leave the country.

I have also been to Overammergau a couple of times, generally stopping on my way to somewhere else. I wonder about the reaction to a mosque or islamic arts centre being put next to those chocolate box picture perfect houses and stores selling cuckoo-clocks. Oberammergau is a dead town, only fit to be a stage prop for tourists taking pictures of a place that no longer represents what Germany is today.

Trumpism. Brexit. Anti-immigration. All of these retreats to a past that no longer exists where nation states compete for cultural dominance represent the past not the future.