Thonglor's traffic police have excelled themselves

sprq

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If you are coming out of Soi 4 and want to go down to Asoke, you cannot do a right turn, which means you have to take a left which is going on the opposite direction, talk about stupidity. :crazy::crazy:

You just drive through soi 6 to Sukhumvit, force yourself to the far right lane, change to the right side of the BTS line in the soi 3/4/Sukhumvit intersection, then cut through oncoming traffic into the little soi that is leading to Bumrungrad Hospital and make a shortcut through the hospital. Once you are back on soi 3, you cut across 4 lanes of traffic to the left lane so you can make a left turn into Sukhumvit Road and soon you are on your way to Asoke. Simple and easy.

13 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You just drive through soi 6 to Sukhumvit, force yourself to the far right lane, change to the right side of the BTS line in the soi 3/4/Sukhumvit intersection, then cut through oncoming traffic into the little soi that is leading to Bumrungrad Hospital and make a shortcut through the hospital. Once you are back on soi 3, you cut across 4 lanes of traffic to the left lane so you can make a left turn into Sukhumvit Road and soon you are on your way to Asoke. Simple and easy.

Yes I know the area, and I understand completely your directions, you have described it very well, but you should never have to cut through a hospital, it just shows you how stupid the cops or whoever is responsible really are.

18 hours ago, wimpy said:

The rules are the same as everywhere else. They put up a sign with instructions next one in Lampang. Still no go.

Well if the rules are as per UK I would say better forget them here! People race onto the Jomtiem roundabout on 2nd Rd without any regard to those already on it!

Archived