Retirement Visa Service

1 hour ago, notamember said:

google 'thai retirement visa'

many of the search results offer ''financial support'', including many lawyers firms

as its advertised so openly by so many, you are left to think its an acceptable legal practice 

• There is currently no compulsory requirement to prove where the funds have come from.
  • As long as the money has been in a bank account in the sole name of the applicant for 60 days/3 months they have met the requirement.
  • There is no rule saying the funds cannot be withdrawn in full once the extension has been granted.

That said, if senior officers not in the pocket of an agent, knew the money in the bank was a short term loan, or hadn't been seasoned, I am sure the application would be declined. 

5 minutes ago, elviajero said:
  • There is currently no compulsory requirement to prove where the funds have come from.
  • As long as the money has been in a bank account in the sole name of the applicant for 60 days/3 months they have met the requirement.
  • There is no rule saying the funds cannot be withdrawn in full once the extension has been granted.

That said, if senior officers not in the pocket of an agent, knew the money in the bank was a short term loan, or hadn't been seasoned, I am sure the application would be declined. 

The more Senior the higher the cut so no chance.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

It's always gone on and always will. Why is everybody so concerned? There are millions and millions of Baht involved and it will never be stopped. I am not going in to the specifics of how it works but let's just say that you have zero worry of being caught because there is absolutely nobody to catch you.

Well said.

Munotlaw

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, notamember said:

ok , is that official? 

do you have a source ?

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=faq

22. Question : What is the required age of the alien wisthing to stay in Thailand with the reason of Retirement?

Answer : For reasons to stay of Retirement, the alien must be 50 year of age or older and must have been granted a Non-Immigrant visa, firstly. More over, the said alien must have evidences to verify his/her financial status of not less than 65,000 Baht per month or 800,000 Baht per year. Evidences showing financial support are as follows;
       2.1  In case of having money in the bank account (Saving/Fix deposit) of any bank located in Thailand.
       -  The updated bank passbook on the date of application submission showing money in the account of not less than 800,000 Baht which has been deposited and consecutively held of such amount for 3 months. ( Except the first application for this reason, that such amount should be deposited and held for 60 days)
     -  Letter from the bank certified the current account in the bank of not less than 800,000 Baht; or
         2.2  In case of having any other income from abroad such as pension, social welfare
     -  Letter from the applicant’s Embassy or consulate in Thailand verifying their pension or other income of the applicant which must not be less than 65,000 Baht per month. Or;
        2.3  In case of a combination of having money in the bank account and income from pension, with total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht per year, the required documents are the same as mentioned in 2.1and 2.2

Also, if you search Thaivisa you'll find reports from members confirming seasoning is required and being insisted upon at all the major offices.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

22. Question : What is the required age of the alien wisthing to stay in Thailand with the reason of Retirement?

Answer : For reasons to stay of Retirement, the alien must be 50 year of age or older and must have been granted a Non-Immigrant visa, firstly. More over, the said alien must have evidences to verify his/her financial status of not less than 65,000 Baht per month or 800,000 Baht per year. Evidences showing financial support are as follows;
       2.1  In case of having money in the bank account (Saving/Fix deposit) of any bank located in Thailand.
       -  The updated bank passbook on the date of application submission showing money in the account of not less than 800,000 Baht which has been deposited and consecutively held of such amount for 3 months. ( Except the first application for this reason, that such amount should be deposited and held for 60 days)
     -  Letter from the bank certified the current account in the bank of not less than 800,000 Baht; or
         2.2  In case of having any other income from abroad such as pension, social welfare
     -  Letter from the applicant’s Embassy or consulate in Thailand verifying their pension or other income of the applicant which must not be less than 65,000 Baht per month. Or;
        2.3  In case of a combination of having money in the bank account and income from pension, with total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht per year, the required documents are the same as mentioned in 2.1and 2.2

Also, if you search Thaivisa you'll find reports from members confirming seasoning is required and being insisted upon at all the major offices.

thank you Elviajero at last some facts instead of speculation to to support an argument

My feeling is that laws are made by Lawmakers. The Immigration Act is the law. Implementing the law is done by the Minister and the head of Immigration, they or their delegates may well have the authority to wave or modify rules or conditions they make. Only fines are regulated by the act I think, way down around section 50 or so. My impression is that if you get an agent then you don't go to Immigration very often.
Is there a lawyer in the house?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

5 minutes ago, elviajero said:

as you seem to know what you are talking about, can i ask you?

what is the 800,000 baht meant to represent?

i have heard it referred to on here as  for living expenses for a year but if you do not have to keep it in the bank to spend over the term after the visa is granted then that seems to invalidate that theory

i heard that it was originally a lump sum that needed to be instantly accessible to cover any accident, medical emergency etc, so you are not a burden to Thailand hospitals

second one sounds more plausible to me

i am not sure they would need you to prove you have money in bank to support your love of thai girls. go go's, food, cigarettes .whisky and wild wild women

so what do you think?

This all does make me smile. The same people moaning about this retirement extension 'Fix' happening and preaching 'It's lIegal' are the same people that give advice on swapping your passport in order to fool a consulate or Embassy in to issuing a further visa because you've reached your limit. The same people giving advice on how to 'Rent' a fake airline ticket in order to get a visa. The same people telling others 'Buy a cheap throw away ticket' in order to make a false deceleration to a consulate or Embassy knowing all too well they have no intention of leaving the country when they say they will in order to live here indefinitely.
Guy's, give it a rest because if and when this whole thing was pulled in to line from top too bottom, the majority of you would be kicked out on the next flight. 

• Like 1

Take for instance, a person who is not a ThaiVisa member and does not even read this forum.

This person is currently on a multiple non-immigrant O visa and let's say he resides in Pattaya.  

On the expiration of his final 90 days he would have turned 50 yrs of age and he believes he can apply for a retirement extension.  As he unaware of the requirements involved and being a lazy person, he searches for an visa agency in Pattaya

He locates an agency and pays the fee of B15,000 for a retirement extension.  Within a day he has secured his extension.

This person has done nothing illegal.

1 minute ago, hathairat2711 said:

Take for instance, a person who is not a ThaiVisa member and does not even read this forum.

This person is currently on a multiple non-immigrant O visa and let's say he resides in Pattaya.  

On the expiration of his final 90 days he would have turned 50 yrs of age and he believes he can apply for a retirement extension.  As he unaware of the requirements involved and being a lazy person, he searches for an visa agency in Pattaya

He locates an agency and pays the fee of B15,000 for a retirement extension.  Within a day he has secured his extension.

This person has done nothing illegal.

He has.

Ignorance is no excuse.

He is the one that signs the forms and declarations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lite Beer said:

He has.

Ignorance is no excuse.

He is the one that signs the forms and declarations.

Incorrect.

This particular agent in Pattaya does not require any forms and declarations to be completed and signed.  They only ask for passport, photos and the relevant fee.

I have never personally used this agent and I never will.  The above is purely an example

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, notamember said:

as you seem to know what you are talking about, can i ask you?

what is the 800,000 baht meant to represent?

i have heard it referred to on here as  for living expenses for a year but if you do not have to keep it in the bank to spend over the term after the visa is granted then that seems to invalidate that theory

i heard that it was originally a lump sum that needed to be instantly accessible to cover any accident, medical emergency etc, so you are not a burden to Thailand hospitals

second one sounds more plausible to me

i am not sure they would need you to prove you have money in bank to support your love of thai girls. go go's, food, cigarettes .whisky and wild wild women

so what do you think?

If you can't, or don't want to, prove an income of 65K pm the 800K is meant as proof that you've got instantly accessible funds to cover living expenses for the years permission to stay. The fact that it can be withdrawn immediately after the extension is daft and is the loophole that allows agents to provide short term loans.

• Like 1