Murky goings on as woman dies after being set on fire in her home by "son of an influential figure".

webfact

34 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

So the Son of the victim doesn't have a knife and 

a can of gasoline???  The only way JUSTICE will 

be served!!

I was thinking 3,000 baht- but along the same lines...  

If he's strapped for cash, maybe he should accept the 20,000 and he'd still come out 17,000 ahead.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

And people here want elections to elevate these 'influential figures' back into power and position?

The only 'influential figures around here at the moment are dressed in green or brown

so this comment runs out of steam a bit

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Any difference in your own country?

Over there the rich & influential don't have a different justice?

Not in my country they don't.

They don't stab and set fire to people and then walk away, secure in the knowledge that inbred nepotism and corruption, state brutality carried out on behalf of private individuals, and fear of death will prevent the relatives of their victims (or anyone else for that matter) daring to speak.

You know full well that there is no comparison between this State of Fear and Deference and the developed liberal democracies of the West.

Try and get some perspective man.

Or have you become so absorbed in your own sybaritic, lotus eating life in your private, inward looking "Paradise" in the tropics, that you've forgotten what perspective is?

Edited by Enoon

34 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

The only 'influential figures around here at the moment are dressed in green or brown

so this comment runs out of steam a bit

Your forgetting the real ones who pull the guys in green & browns strings... You don't really think that they do these things off their own backs do you???

21 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Not in my country they don't.

They don't stab and set fire to people and then walk away, secure in the knowledge that inbred nepotism and corruption, state brutality carried out on behalf of private individuals, and fear of death will prevent the relatives of their victims (or anyone else for that matter) daring to speak.

You know full well that there is no comparison between this State of Fear and Deference and the developed liberal democracies of the West.

Try and get some perspective man.

Or have you become so absorbed in your own sybaritic, lotus eating life in your private, inward looking "Paradise" in the tropics, that you've forgotten what perspective is?

Now now children.

2 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

The more I read these types of stories the more obvious it is that whatever walk of life they are from "Thais just don't have any morals or empathy" that's just a fact.

No, it is not a fact, it is your tabloid blinkered opinion.

1 hour ago, sandemara said:

Who made the allegation that a particular person committed the criminal acts described - and based on what evidence? There's scant "facts" in the news report above, only hearsay and a claim made by a grieving relative of the deceased.  That's just not enough evidence or factual detail upon which police would be expected to act.

5 minutes in Thailand,  assuming you are actually in Thailand and already an expert in Thai policing methods , or lack thereof .

2 hours ago, phycokiller said:

so how is it that you have taken it upon yourself to speak for 60 million Thais?

I totally agree, and I wish you good luck, phycokiller, if you intend to take on the generalization virus here on Thai Visa. Personnally, and after a few years, when I read that kind of post I just move to the next one, and the next one, until I find something interesting. Which I usually do, and that's the reason I remain a member on TVF.

I guess it's a matter of statistics : all humans have brains, but a small proportion actually use them.

And looking at your posting name, I'm pretty sure you'd agree that noxious algae spread much faster, for some depressing reason ...

Edited by Yann55

Okay so 'an influential...' blah blah blah. Anyone here like to ask why? I mean, why go to all that trouble and implicate oneself even more by killing the...well whatever she was. How important was it... well to anybody. Doesn't sound like a rage murder so what was the motive. Surely if an influential person was involved somewhere wouldn't a nice big bribe had done the trick...or did the poor woman know something about another more influential person. Guess we'll never know. Case closed eh?

1 minute ago, Shawn0000 said:

Go on them, let's see a link to a university study demonstrating that no Thais have empathy or morals.

Go on them, let's see a link to a university study demonstrating that no Thais have empathy or morals.

Google it like I did.

41 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Yes it it a fact but your blinkered upbringing suggests otherwise as per usual

No, it really isn''t, perhaps you have differing morals, but that does not equate to no Thais having morals, as for no Thais having empathy, how do explain the enormous amounts of cushions that monks are given?  Clearly Thais are empathising with their hard ground sitting situation. Ha.

2 hours ago, stament said:

Why doesn't the PM step in and do something, he says he is trying to make Thailand better, well this would be a good way of showing it, equal justice for all

Put that on the wish list for the next major release of Thailand 5.0 - only bug fixes of the current program are being fixed with V4.

Seeking justice against this guy is going to be a miracle...
He has two choices, let it drop or invest in fire-retardant clothing!!

Mind you if it was me & my mother had just died in those circumstances, I'd say to hell with it, if he's "living it up" in local entertainment venues a dose of instant karma would come to mind!

5 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

The more I read these types of stories the more obvious it is that whatever walk of life they are from "Thais just don't have any morals or empathy" that's just a fact.

If you put some before Thais you would be dead right but seeing you didn't it is a lie.

5 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Look around you and see what is happening in and to Thai society.  Corruption rules everything in this country.  Just read a few recent headlines and then you prove to me that Thais have morals and ethics, especially those in power.