Murky goings on as woman dies after being set on fire in her home by "son of an influential figure".

webfact

9 minutes ago, WhizBang said:

Look around you and see what is happening in and to Thai society.  Corruption rules everything in this country.  Just read a few recent headlines and then you prove to me that Thais have morals and ethics, especially those in power.

I do not have to prove to you that "especially those in power" have morals as that is not the issue when speaking of Thais in general who do not have any ability to stand up to those people in power.  I am aware of the issues, and that many people are putting morals aside, lacking empathy and thus allowing a great number of injustices to take place, but that was not the statement to which I was replying.  I dispute the assertion that Thai's do not have morals or empathy, that generalization is ludicrous, people are afraid, people are downtrodden, and those in power who actually could do something about the real injustices are actually relatively small in number and they do nothing to detract from the fact that there are many moral abiding empathetic people in Thailand.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why their is not more information of the daughter that supposedly was this psycho's motivation . No mention of her , Her age or complicity or anger? Killing someones mother is no generally the way to a woman"s heart. As a main factorr of the case I find it strange that she is just given a mention then forgotten.

15 hours ago, phycokiller said:

so how is it that you have taken it upon yourself to speak for 60 million Thais?

Did 2008bangkok hint, suggest or say he was talking for 60 million Thais? He was speaking for himself (or herself) and most people he/she knew.

I am tempted to ask, are you a budding politician or political scriptwriter with your less than accurate comment? Rhetorical comment.

3 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

The suspense is killing me. What is his name?

Don't die while waiting, although it could be an extremely long wait depending on how influential.

Edited by Artisi

24 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

To assume makes an ass out of u and me. (ass u me, get It?)

I think you will find that googling whether or not any Thais have empathy or morals is the only thing here that would make an ass out of you or me, and seeing as it was you who decided to do that...

Does the term above the law come to mind? Any and all laws. Anyone who thinks the army is enforcing the laws, is deluded. They are only enforcing the status quo. Anyone with money, influence, connections, or family name can get away with anything here. Anything. Same now as it has always been. If anything, they were installed to protect the elite, and despite protestations to the contrary nothing has changed. Nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. Nunca. 

So, would any court convict this connected worm? Doubt it. The judges here are without moral conviction, and weak. And they follow the bidding of their masters. 

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Does the term above the law come to mind? Any and all laws. Anyone who thinks the army is enforcing the laws, is deluded. They are only enforcing the status quo. Anyone with money, influence, connections, or family name can get away with anything here. Anything. Same now as it has always been. If anything, they were installed to protect the elite, and despite protestations to the contrary nothing has changed. Nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. Nunca. 

So, would any court convict this connected worm? Doubt it. The judges here are without moral conviction, and weak. And they follow the bidding of their masters. 

One thing has changed, those with a particular political affiliation have suddenly found that their money, influence, connections and family name are no longer enough.

3 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

One thing has changed, those with a particular political affiliation have suddenly found that their money, influence, connections and family name are no longer enough.

Only to a minor degree. I agree with the political affiliation part of your equation. The rest- the money, influence, connections and family name are still the same as ever. It allows them to be above the law. Any and all laws. Money knows no party here. It is a law unto itself, and buys total and absolute power.  

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Only to a minor degree. I agree with the political affiliation part of your equation. The rest- the money, influence, connections and family name are still the same as ever. It allows them to be above the law. Any and all laws. Money knows no party here. It is a law unto itself, and buys total and absolute power.  

The point being, at least in some cases, none of those things have trumped their political affiliation, such as the case of the Red supporting billionaire policeman in the south, for many years allowing corruption within the oil industry, amassing a great fortune, before the military rule he would never have been brought to justice, now he has been.  Clearly this is not enough, we need actual justice, a universal system where all are treated equally in the eyes of the law, as is enshrined in the Thai legal code, but for now there is one rule for us, another for them and a third for those who they feel threatened by.

21 hours ago, sandemara said:

Who made the allegation that a particular person committed the criminal acts described - and based on what evidence? There's scant "facts" in the news report above, only hearsay and a claim made by a grieving relative of the deceased.  That's just not enough evidence or factual detail upon which police would be expected to act.

Unless the woman was in a coma or couldn't speak she must surely have told someone who did it to her.

4 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

I think you will find that googling whether or not any Thais have empathy or morals is the only thing here that would make an ass out of you or me, and seeing as it was you who decided to do that...

"come in spinner,"  google that.

22 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

"come in spinner,"  google that.

The characters of which lived with both morals and empathy however felt downtrodden by a small elite who did not, which would be relevant as a parallel if you sought to rubbish your own original claim rather than support it, right?

1 hour ago, Karlsson said:

Somebody should make a GofundMe page so people could chime in for a few Baht to hire a Hitman to get some justice done. Fight Money with Money

That would actually be fighting murder with murder, no thanks, I would rather keep my morals and turn the other cheek.

On 1/20/2017 at 1:48 PM, Moonmoon said:

seems like there is a case of this sort every week.

And it all reflects directly back to Khun Prayuth who has the power to do something, but not the will power.  What a despicable type of person.