Where to find Business Major + English Minor Degree Course?

RoboLB

Hi,

My wife and I are researching Universities for our niece who has just finished High School in Bangkok.

She stayed with us for 3 years in Australia so has good basic English.  We want to try to find a degree that has a mix of Business and English.

We've found courses that are just English, they cover English for Tourism, English for Marketing etc.  Many applications of English.  But they don't cover non language topics.  i.e. Marketing, Finance, Operations and so on.

We worry that purely having a degree in English, with no Business qualifications, may not be a good foundation for securing a worthwhile job.  Maybe we're wrong.  I wouldn't hire someone in a business, just because they could speak English for example.  (OK, you have qualifications in English and what else?   )

So I'm struggling to find any degree courses that mix English with Business subjects.  I don't think she would cope with a business degree taught totally in English.....which would be another option.....

Any guidance towards suitable degree courses would be much appreciated.

Rob

Many Thai universities offer a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) taught 100% in English and most of the same universities also offer an MBA, taught 100% in English.

Examples: Chula, Thammasat,  Mahidol, Institute of International Studies, to name a few, and there are more. Also NIDA but I think currently only post grad level but rumours they will also start an undergrad BBA program. 

In all the uni's mentioned 90% to 100% of the faculty are visiting / local western professors (Europe, OZ, USA, England etc., a few from Singapore, a few from Japan (perfect English), Brazil, etc.)

Case by case there are all day M to F BBA programs, and all day week-end only S & S programs.

Also, most of the uni's I mentioned have formal exchange arrangements, mostly uni's from European countries, especially Germany, also from Korea. I often have European and Korean exchange students in my classes at both levels (In fact not unusual for 40% of the class to be German students.) Structured exchange is available in many of these uni's, 1 year abroad, one semester / one course abroad etc.  

BBA / MBA taught in English also available in Chiang Mai, Phuket, Songkla (Hat Yai), etc. 

If you choose to contact these uni's can I suggest you check class sizes.

Edited by scorecard

Thanks @Scorecard, we'll certainly look at those.

As her English is not great, I was rather hoping that some degree courses would include English 'instruction' rather than just teach everything in English...   

1 hour ago, RoboLB said:

Thanks @Scorecard, we'll certainly look at those.

As her English is not great, I was rather hoping that some degree courses would include English 'instruction' rather than just teach everything in English...   

Please check your small PM (private message) icon (a small envelope) in the top right hand corner of the main Thaivisa forum banner.

On 20/1/2560 at 8:18 PM, scorecard said:

Many Thai universities offer a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) taught 100% in English and most of the same universities also offer an MBA, taught 100% in English.

Examples: Chula, Thammasat,  Mahidol, Institute of International Studies, to name a few, and there are more. Also NIDA but I think currently only post grad level but rumours they will also start an undergrad BBA program. 

In all the uni's mentioned 90% to 100% of the faculty are visiting / local western professors (Europe, OZ, USA, England etc., a few from Singapore, a few from Japan (perfect English), Brazil, etc.)

Case by case there are all day M to F BBA programs, and all day week-end only S & S programs.

Also, most of the uni's I mentioned have formal exchange arrangements, mostly uni's from European countries, especially Germany, also from Korea. I often have European and Korean exchange students in my classes at both levels (In fact not unusual for 40% of the class to be German students.) Structured exchange is available in many of these uni's, 1 year abroad, one semester / one course abroad etc.  

BBA / MBA taught in English also available in Chiang Mai, Phuket, Songkla (Hat Yai), etc. 

If you choose to contact these uni's can I suggest you check class sizes.

Yes, all info is correct truly.

Chulalongkorn University ,Thammasart and Mahidol Universities are top 3 famous universities of Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a huge difference between studying English as a 2nd language and studying a bachelor's degree taught 100% in English. Even if the major is English, the university expects the student to be proficient in English before they start their degree. Any university that says differntly has very low standards.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• 9 months later...