Valuation needed in Bangruad - Buriram

I am hoping to get in touch with an agent that can provide me two things

A valuation on a property I own - not the land just the property

An amount that could be achieved by renting this property out 

The reason for this is as follows

I am divorcing my Thai wife and she seams confused about the valuation needed for this property, the property is on her parents land in a little village which I of course have the full address for it is a property I paid for to be built for our holidays and retirement not a huge place it is a 3 bedroom bungalow 

I do not really need a visit to the home just a written valuation for if I was to buy a similar home on rented land but buy an agent rather than a passer by 

Can you help please with a contact of whom may be able to do this 

Cheers 

Simon

Hi Simon

The problem you have in valuing the house is that nobody is likely to buy it. Thai people don't buy houses without land, and there are going to be precious few foreigners who will buy just a house on your ex wife's family land either.

That is assuming the house is already separated on the land deeds.

With no buyers, the value is essentially zero. I know you won't see it that way though due to the time and money you have invested in it.

As you mentioned, it may have a rental value, and that should be fairly easy to determine simply by asking around for the going rental rates.

I've been thinking about this. If you are after a value for the purposes of divorce, I don't think anyone would argue with the actual cost of labour and materials, minus the standard rate of depreciation.

Do you have the invoices/receipts for the build?

There are many members who argue that a foreigner would get nothing after a divorce, while others argue a foreigner will get 50 per cent.

It would be good if you would be gracious enough to keep us updated about how things turn out for you. it could really hello others in the future.