Car cost Porsche Cayenne

dagling

13 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

My uncle was salesman at a Bentley dealership and use to say if people ask me these questions l know they can't afford it. :biggrin:

Your uncle is an idiot... answers the question, or are you just an idiot like your uncle? ;-)

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

My uncle was salesman at a Bentley dealership and use to say if people ask me these questions l know they can't afford it. :biggrin:

That was then and this is now.  A bloke I know with a 911, being bout a 10 year old model, had to get new front brake rotors and pads.

Cost him AU$5500.  But a Cayenne  would have to be cheaper than that......wouldn't it?

Maybe there's an on-line list of service prices to refer to.

11 hours ago, dagling said:

Your uncle is an idiot... answers the question, or are you just an idiot like your uncle? ;-)

Sorry your the one who wants to pay silly prices here in Thailand for that make.

:shock1:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :whistling:

Edited by Kwasaki

Going simply on the One2Car.com website prices, a 2017 Cayenne Diesel costs ~7.6M baht.  A 2010 ~4.5M.  So approximately 400K loss of value per annum.  No historical data before then.

I agree with the others though; if one is worried about service fees for a 5,000,000 baht penis extension they may be living beyond their means.  And kindly don't go throwing around how much you supposedly have; people with real money either don't buy such a depreciating asset or they understand that you have to play to pay and don't embarrass themselves asking on a forum how much service fees are.  Sound a bit like a knob on one of the 'tuner' boards...

The OP should pay no mind to the haters and just buy it. Once behind the wheel, the running costs will become insignificant as all the privileges of driving a prestige marque will fall upon you... like parking on red/white zones or belting down the 'fast lane' at 200 kph with the headlights on or getting a free pass at radar traps or driving up the exit ramp and U-turning against oncoming traffic onto highway 7 just before the tollbooths like the Dilbert in a white Cayenne I saw tonight.

OP, I would imagine you could get it serviced at VW and Audi dealers and mechanics, not limited to Porsche dealers, and maybe better pricing. Dont they all start their life at a VW factory then get turned into a Porsche or Audi. 

I had a Toureg in Australia, I recall buying some parts and the VW, Audi and Porsche logo was on the box, and the guy at the VW dealer said the same part would be more expensive at the porsche dealer.

Edited by Peterw42

15 hours ago, dave_boo said:

Going simply on the One2Car.com website prices, a 2017 Cayenne Diesel costs ~7.6M baht.  A 2010 ~4.5M.  So approximately 400K loss of value per annum.  No historical data before then.

I agree with the others though; if one is worried about service fees for a 5,000,000 baht penis extension they may be living beyond their means.  And kindly don't go throwing around how much you supposedly have; people with real money either don't buy such a depreciating asset or they understand that you have to play to pay and don't embarrass themselves asking on a forum how much service fees are.  Sound a bit like a knob on one of the 'tuner' boards...

What a load of nonsense.

You are making up your own story as you go along. You know nothing about the op. 

Hes trying to discern whether or not the purchase is viable by looking in to the cost of service before purchasing the car..

To be honest i would think only an utter moron would suggest that  to not do research is the proper way to go about it.

His only mistake was to ask here, where the majority of tbe board have no aspirations beyond the fortuner.

How, may i ask, do you come by your understanding of what people with real money do.

Edited by HooHaa

5 hours ago, HooHaa said:

How, may i ask, do you come by your understanding of what people with real money do.

People with real money don't typically come to Thailand and buy used Cayennes.

I am with Kwasaki's uncle on this one, "If you need to ask..."

5 hours ago, HooHaa said:

What a load of nonsense.

You are making up your own story as you go along. You know nothing about the op. 

Hes trying to discern whether or not the purchase is viable by looking in to the cost of service before purchasing the car..

To be honest i would think only an utter moron would suggest that  to not do research is the proper way to go about it.

His only mistake was to ask here, where the majority of tbe board have no aspirations beyond the fortuner.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, Trans is still thinking about it, just wait.... scratching head smiley

43 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

People with real money don't typically come to Thailand and buy used Cayennes.

I am with Kwasaki's uncle on this one, "If you need to ask..."

what a load of twaddle. just admit you dont have the answer or sit the discussion out, if i recall correctly he didnt ask for purchase advice he asked for cost of service.

40 minutes ago, transam said:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, Trans is still thinking about it, just wait.... scratching head smiley

as for you, you are just a waste of my time. I suppose we should just be happy you are no longer on about the POTY embarrassment you subject yourself to. 

5 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

as for you, you are just a waste of my time. I suppose we should just be happy you are no longer on about the POTY embarrassment you subject yourself to. 

Am still thinking..... talking to god smiley

What's POTY........?

1 minute ago, ignis said:

thing that you put under the bed at night ? some also call it a Jeremiah

This is true, a bloke named Jeremiah took me to court in the UK......He got stuffed......Folk should not try and tackle Trans unless they are sure they are fool proof......

high five smiley

I own a 2003 cayenne turbo, its cheaper to service than a BMW and more reliable than my non diesel BMW. Mine is from 03 and comparing BMW cars from 04-05. Parts are not more expensive than BMW/Mercedes.

Bought mine from AAS the authorize importer, so service and parts I have 30% discount. 

If you are buying from grey market or private import, you can get it service at Siam 911 which specializes in porsches. I never got my car service here, but it looks like they do a decent job, open by ex workers of AAS I heard.  https://www.facebook.com/SIAM-911-195967390431016/

If you want to service a grey market / private imort car at AAS, you have to pay couple hundred thousand baht as an "opt in" fee for them to accept your car for service.

There are so many on the road and sold by grey market, I say it depreciates as fast as a BMW / Mercedes. But if you are buying used, then I would imagine depreciation is even slower, so I would say a smart buy if you are getting it at a significant discount. I believe there will be a complete face lift coming out 2017, so expect it to depreciate faster next year or in 2018 if you plan on keeping it that long.

Only problems I had was replaced 1 side of air suspension, my model was known to have faulty door latches replaced all 4, rear hatch strut replaced twice. Other than that, no other problems. If you can afford it, yes its a reliable car overall. No need to worry much about maintenance and service.

I would say I spent the most money on tires, they are expensive, check out the cost of tires before you buy if you are worry about spending money.

Edited by mike324

35 minutes ago, mike324 said:

I own a 2003 cayenne turbo, its cheaper to service than a BMW and more reliable than my non diesel BMW. Mine is from 03 and comparing BMW cars from 04-05. Parts are not more expensive than BMW/Mercedes.

Bought mine from AAS the authorize importer, so service and parts I have 30% discount. 

If you are buying from grey market or private import, you can get it service at Siam 911 which specializes in porsches. I never got my car service here, but it looks like they do a decent job, open by ex workers of AAS I heard.  https://www.facebook.com/SIAM-911-195967390431016/

If you want to service a grey market / private imort car at AAS, you have to pay couple hundred thousand baht as an "opt in" fee for them to accept your car for service.

There are so many on the road and sold by grey market, I say it depreciates as fast as a BMW / Mercedes. But if you are buying used, then I would imagine depreciation is even slower, so I would say a smart buy if you are getting it at a significant discount. I believe there will be a complete face lift coming out 2017, so expect it to depreciate faster next year or in 2018 if you plan on keeping it that long.

Only problems I had was replaced 1 side of air suspension, my model was known to have faulty door latches replaced all 4, rear hatch strut replaced twice. Other than that, no other problems. If you can afford it, yes its a reliable car overall. No need to worry much about maintenance and service.

I would say I spent the most money on tires, they are expensive, check out the cost of tires before you buy if you are worry about spending money.

wow a useful post, providing information and avoiding judgement. 

12 hours ago, HooHaa said:

What a load of nonsense.

The service costs are irrelevant.  Let's say that the pricing is cheapish 30,000 baht (which is 4,000 baht more than the fixed prices in the UK).  It would take him 167 years to end up paying what he bought the car for.  And if he drives it enough to require 2 services in a year?  You're telling me that someone who aspires to own a Porsche can't scrape together a mere 5,000 baht a month to enjoy it?  What will he do about insurance?  Get the cheapest option available?  How will that help him when an uninsured motorist has an accident with him?

I think that a person with a modicum of intelligence (that's the phrase that people who have had more than a primary education or are not mouth breathing bullies use) would be able to understand that the questioning is absurd.  Obviously I have given an overabundance of credit to the fellow posters.

And you hit the nail on the head about his only mistake.  If he is worried about service pricing than he can't afford it.  Similar to the trophy wife; if you have to worry about how much she spends on manicures you probably can't afford her.  Nothing wrong with dreaming, but if you're going to put your fantasies out there expect them to be ridiculed if they are ridiculous.

As far as how I come by my understanding, it wouldn't be very uncouth for me to discuss on this board.  Only boors are fascinated by such matters and I would rather not be associated with that class of people.  As such, whether this post was able to properly convey my sentiments and perhaps illuminate your path or not, I do wish you a good day.

• 6 months later...
On 1/23/2017 at 9:43 PM, dave_boo said:

The service costs are irrelevant.  Let's say that the pricing is cheapish 30,000 baht (which is 4,000 baht more than the fixed prices in the UK).  It would take him 167 years to end up paying what he bought the car for.  And if he drives it enough to require 2 services in a year?  You're telling me that someone who aspires to own a Porsche can't scrape together a mere 5,000 baht a month to enjoy it?  What will he do about insurance?  Get the cheapest option available?  How will that help him when an uninsured motorist has an accident with him?

I think that a person with a modicum of intelligence (that's the phrase that people who have had more than a primary education or are not mouth breathing bullies use) would be able to understand that the questioning is absurd.  Obviously I have given an overabundance of credit to the fellow posters.

And you hit the nail on the head about his only mistake.  If he is worried about service pricing than he can't afford it.  Similar to the trophy wife; if you have to worry about how much she spends on manicures you probably can't afford her.  Nothing wrong with dreaming, but if you're going to put your fantasies out there expect them to be ridiculed if they are ridiculous.

As far as how I come by my understanding, it wouldn't be very uncouth for me to discuss on this board.  Only boors are fascinated by such matters and I would rather not be associated with that class of people.  As such, whether this post was able to properly convey my sentiments and perhaps illuminate your path or not, I do wish you a good day.

You are so wrong.

I can afford it but I am fuxxed enough by benz to avoid buying a porsche.

Maybe if someone only has 1 in Thailand it can be ok, but if you also have 1 abroad, it starts to get expensive...

On 1/23/2017 at 5:21 PM, mike324 said:

How much for tires ? Mine already are 10000 thb for each...

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, dave_boo said:

Actually you are not correct when suggesting this money equates to a penis extension.   People who buy these in Thailand are opting more for the penis transplant to the head. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 7:41 AM, bberrythailand said:

You are so wrong.

I can afford it but I am fuxxed enough by benz to avoid buying a porsche.

Maybe if someone only has 1 in Thailand it can be ok, but if you also have 1 abroad, it starts to get expensive...

Benz parts are cheaper than BMW but holds resale value better. 

Can't comment on the service of Benz as I just own one for less than a year and haven't done any services yet.

Not sure what you mean by fuxx by benz, on service cost? or service?

But I can say I've been fuxx by BMW a lot of times regarding to service and quality of parts, hence I recommend Porsche.

Additional note, official dealer AAS Porsche Thailand will service all Porsche from 996 and older without needing to pay the opt - in fee. The opt in fee depending on model is around, 300,000 baht. This would be the upper end of the opt-in fee.

Edited by mike324

For those interested in servicing their Porsche outside of the authorize AAS dealer. Here are some shops I compile, don't know how reliable they are.

911 Assistant

http://www.911assistant.com (only service old porches mostly classics ones and simple stuff for 993 models such as oil change, etc. A small shop so wait time may be long and they prefer to work on classics)

Siam 911

https://www.facebook.com/SIAM-911-195967390431016/ (shop open by ex AAS techs, works on all porsches but mainly newer ones)

Porsche Pal

https://www.facebook.com/Porsche-Pal-1792249487699043/ (owners are pilots, the way they fix and diagnose problems looks very professional, they measure everything with instruments)

RWB Thailand

https://www.facebook.com/AutohausRwb/ (official distributor of RWB Thailand, they service old and new porsche, wait list may be long as its a small shop with only around 2-3 techs, but owner is friendly and nice)

Prince 911 Garage

https://www.instagram.com/prince911garage/?hl=en (car restoration and repair garage, mostly classics such as VW, don't know much about them yet, but seems like they are trying to get into the porsche scene)

The Garage Plus

https://www.facebook.com/TheGaragePlus/ (vehicle repair and body shop, works on many super cars)

If anybody knows more shops that service Porsche, please share so I can update the list.