Who to call? Windows 10 suddenly won't boot

elektrified

I have a fairly new computer with a legal Windows 10 os only about 4 months old. Computer has been working perfectly. Suddenly today it won't boot into Windows. I've tried every trick i know but no luck.

I know there is one guy people always recommend but between the mobile and useless search function since the site upgrade, i can't find it.

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Edited by elektrified

Have you removed all USB attachments?  A lot of computers are having issues after doing updates getting Windows to load (but that should have been on the 10-11th this month) caused by wireless mouse issues.

I suspect you do not have a start-up USB stick for Windows10 you could use as boot?  Windows10 can restore quite well from an earlier date.  Sometimes trying a few times will get system to restore itself.

If no luck finding person expect most computer shops would be able to help you and have software to allow restore from USB if unable to get drive to do.

39 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

A little more information ? what does happen ? gets to a certain point and stops, what is on the screen etc ? laptop/desktop ? Can you get into bios to check boot device ?

Hi, thanks. Desktop. Yes can get into bios. No issues. Computer begins to boot into windows, then screen goes black. I've tried the F8 utilities and does some checking and recommends reset. Have had no issues at all. Working perfectly. Today - wont boot. Strange. The only change since yesterday was i plugged my scanner into the USB before start up. I've removed it. No change.

53 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have you removed all USB attachments?  A lot of computers are having issues after doing updates getting Windows to load (but that should have been on the 10-11th this month) caused by wireless mouse issues.

I suspect you do not have a start-up USB stick for Windows10 you could use as boot?  Windows10 can restore quite well from an earlier date.  Sometimes trying a few times will get system to restore itself.

If no luck finding person expect most computer shops would be able to help you and have software to allow restore from USB if unable to get drive to do.

Hi Lop, no but after this i will make a USB start-up.

Good luck. I had a Windows 10 upgrade that required a complete wipe and reinstall. Local repair shop said it was not that uncommon. As long as the upgrade failure rates are in the low single digits MSFT just does not care.

Happy Trails