Rolls-Royce details 3 alleged payment lots to THAI

rooster59

Rolls-Royce details 3 alleged payment lots to THAI

By THE NATION

3ae8987ef5e072f5353203aae27a1336.jpeg

A STATEMENT of facts prepared in connection with a deferred prosecution agreement in the case involving Rolls-Royce’s conspiracy to corrupt, plus false accounting and its failure to prevent bribery shows there were three counts of alleged wrongdoing involving Thai Airways’ purchase of the British company’s Trent engines.

For the first count, there was an alleged conspiracy to corrupt from June 1991 to June 1992, with RR agreeing to pay US$18.8 million (Bt666 million) to regional and other agents representing the Thai government and THAI so as to favour RR engines.

According to the statement, THAI purchased six Boeing 777s and RR sold Trent 800 engines to THAI for these aircraft, with $1 million available for each aircraft equipped with the RR engines for the purpose of influencing the buy decision.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30304583

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-21

10 minutes ago, djayz said:

The airplane manufacturing sector is notorious for backhanders. 

Having worked for a American multi-national I am very aware of Sarbanes-Oxley and American Ethics laws that they want to police the world with, problem is it is just like employing a fox to guard a hen house...

3 hours ago, djayz said:

These bad Brits going around bribing the good and ethical Thai business people! 

Shame on you! 

In many countries it would be considered the more serious crime as the developed country is in a more comfortable situation and would be seen to be profiteering from the greater potential to corruption brought by poverty, RR have acted shamefully, that is a given.

37 minutes ago, PiAnt said:

Dave, John, Steve, Robert (and derivatives of course), Paul, Andrew..

That's it I'm spent.

Anyone else have any names?

Oh, Ann - just popped into my head. Go figure.

Your post is pure genius. You, sir - will go down on TV like pork at a bar mitzvah. 

12 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Names, please?

Yes, indeed 'rkidlad', names, when I'm correct, the UK judicial system allows naming persons having benefitted from acts of corruption (while, in Thailand, when it ever comes in front of a Court, it will last till the Supreme Court will, one day, in 'xx' years have had the last say about it, untill anyone can be sued for having expressed the least of a doubt or criticism about a 'suspect'...), so please, let's have it, even when it brings the BBC off the screen for a day or two, let their nose be rubbed in their s..t, so, maybe, maybe, it will not be, once more, brushed under the carpet!

P.S.: I guess a carpet of that size can only be the one in the lobby of the 'inactive' department, LOL   

Edited by bangrak

20 minutes ago, Basil B said:

So Rolls Royce has to pay Boeing's fines as well

Hey, you 'Basil B', don't start, hmm, nobody spoke about Boeing yet, so shut up, hmm, it will already be difficult enough as it is with RR to keep all the big names safe, got it now... LOL