SURVEY: With Trump as POTUS is the world safer or not?

Scott

SURVEY: With Trump as President, is the world a safer place or not?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, he's pretty good backing down from campaign promises, if that's any indication. . . .

You must have missed the news of the last eight hours: TPP pullout, Pro-life defunding, Federal hiring freeze, etc. The bullet train has left the station, and you're still trying to get out of the taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

You must have missed the news of the last eight hours: TPP pullout, Pro-life defunding, Federal hiring freeze, etc. The bullet train has left the station, and you're still trying to get out of the taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Don't think the TPP pullout was under much doubt.

Funny how Trump hardly being in office can be used both to discredit any criticism, and at the same time to hail his supposed achievements.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Funny how Trump hardly being in office can be used both to discredit any criticism, and at the same time to hail his supposed achievements.

Yes, TPP was easy for him. He's getting the easy ones out of the way fast before he gets into the extremely messy things, particularly Obamacare. 

35 minutes ago, Morch said:

You missed your own point.  It's about fulfilling campaign promises.  All three actions fit into that category, however "great" or "small" one deems the actions to be.   Sure, the early days may be just the low-hanging fruit.  I expect that he will start climbing higher on the tree with time.  

He's just a few days into the office.  Hold on to your orange hair pieces!Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 1.42.26 PM.png  

Unless . . .

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 2.02.47 PM.png

Edited by Fookhaht

On 1/23/2017 at 6:05 AM, Jingthing said:

trump's bubble is his own mentally bizarre head. No pivot. Also, no, there is no forgetting trump has BEHAVED as if Putin really does have a watersports tape of him regardless of whether he does or doesn't. You couldn't make this stuff up, but he really happened. 

You seem to be able to make an awful lot of stuff up in that mentally bizarre head of yours!

11 minutes ago, rijb said:

He's suffering from post-election anxiety.  Rule #2 might help the healing process.

https://www.anxiety.org/anxiety-management-strategies-post-election

Great article.  Could you kindly email that to the next group of violent protesters?  Especially the large contingent who failed to vote themselves?

Edited by Fookhaht

Went with less safe. While WWIII with Russia is no longer imminent, he is going to severely pee off the Chinese (it's inevitable - one only has to look at them wrong and there's a problem) and exacerbate 'relations' with IS. As for domestically (US), I think everyone can guess which way it's headed there.

Trump has just signed off on some executive orders regarding the ACA that puts my life at risk by jeopardizing my access to health insurance. The world is less safe with pissed off terminally ill people like myself who no longer fear death. So you all had better get down on your knees and pray that my remission holds and that I am somehow able to maintain my non-violent nature.

Happy Trails

14 minutes ago, Johpa said:

Trump has just signed off on some executive orders regarding the ACA that puts my life at risk by jeopardizing my access to health insurance. The world is less safe with pissed off terminally ill people like myself who no longer fear death. So you all had better get down on your knees and pray that my remission holds and that I am somehow able to maintain my non-violent nature.

Happy Trails

Yes, trump's Obamacare actions are estimated to kill about 40,000 Americans a year. Ironically, probably a majority of those killed by trump's actions may be trump supporters that didn't understand what they were voting for (got CONNED).

This is not acceptable. 

Edited by Jingthing

OK, that's the minus side.  

Anticipated plus side:

How about the ones who might be able afford a normal health care plan, instead of the Obamacare premiums that doubled, tripled and quadrupled during it's short life?   Can we add that to the balance sheet?   Kill some, but save many more?    

Or better yet, create a better system that saves those Obamacare theft victims, AND helps those truly in need of coverage?  That was the campaign promise.  Let's see what happens before panicking with Chicken Little.    

22 minutes ago, Johpa said:

Happy Trails

You're letting the chicken-littles on this forum get you all worked up.

Most of the provisions in the ACA can’t just be changed by HHS or the president; they require action from Congress or a lengthy period involving public comment.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trumps-executive-order-on-obamacare-means-everything-and-does-nothing/

13 minutes ago, rijb said:

You're letting the chicken-littles on this forum get you all worked up.

Most of the provisions in the ACA can’t just be changed by HHS or the president; they require action from Congress or a lengthy period involving public comment.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trumps-executive-order-on-obamacare-means-everything-and-does-nothing/

Yeah sure thing, dude. The point is the changes are on the way and the republicans easily have the votes and trump will sign it. That order was the first step. 

Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/01/23/repealing-the-affordable-care-act-will-kill-more-than-43000-people-annually/?utm_term=.43fd00f0c099

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah sure thing, dude. The point is the changes are on the way and the republicans easily have the votes and trump will sign it. That order was the first step. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/01/23/repealing-the-affordable-care-act-will-kill-more-than-43000-people-annually/?utm_term=.43fd00f0c099

If that happens, you'll really have something to squawk about.  

Until then, tone down your chicken-little routine.  It's getting old.

Go get some fresh air and calm yourself, dude.

Just now, rijb said:

If that happens, you'll really have something to squawk about.  

Until then, tone down your chicken-little routine.  It's getting old.

Go get some fresh air and calm yourself, dude.

I find your POV ridiculous. There isn't one credible commentator other than trump propagandists that asserts that the republicans have any kind of "replacement" plan that wouldn't cause great harm and massive number of deaths. It's chicken little to you. For many Americans it's life and death. Also you don't get it ... NOW is the exactly right time to squawk on the very slim chance that they won't go through with it.  Also, stop lecturing to me about being calm. That's none of your business. 

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I find your POV ridiculous. There isn't one credible commentator other than trump propagandists that asserts that the republicans have any kind of "replacement" plan that wouldn't cause great harm and massive number of deaths. It's chicken little to you. For many Americans it's life and death. Also you don't get it ... NOW is the exactly right time to squawk on the very slim chance that they won't go through with it.  Also, stop lecturing to me about being calm. That's none of your business. 

Drama.  :coffee1:

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My POV is not ridiculous.  And you're entitled to yours, no matter how paranoid.  :smile:

I wouldn't presume to lecture anybody.  I'm not orange enough.

Your well-being is not my business.  But, I was concerned because we are all in this together.

PS:  I'll ignore your personal message about your ignore list.

On 1/22/2017 at 11:16 AM, SaintLouisBlues said:

Perhaps you're forgetting his proven expertise in importing foreign labor to perform work Americans will not do

Not fair to talk about his wife in that manner. She is a lovely lady that any nation would be happy to have as their Leaders Wife.

Anticipated plus side:
How about the ones who might be able afford a normal health care plan, instead of the Obamacare premiums that doubled, tripled and quadrupled during it's short life?   Can we add that to the balance sheet?   Kill some, but save many more?    

Or better yet, create a better system that saves those Obamacare theft victims, AND helps those truly in need of coverage?  That was the campaign promise.  Let's see what happens before panicking with Chicken Little.    

I have noticed that those whose premiums increased significantly came from specific states. In my state the premiums within the ACA differed little from existing independent insured groups. Where the increases did occur is where people were previously placed into low risk groups that excluded pre-existing conditions or were Mickey Mouse plans with ridiculously low maximum benefits.

So in your world then you would gladly sacrifice those with pre-existing conditions. Well this chicken little rejects your small minded animal farm.

And just what is the plan to help those who "truly need coverage" and who shall determine such needs. The Republicans have had eight years to come up with some outline for a replacement plan to the ACA and still have nothing because, hold on to your hats folks, the ACA was the Republican plan to forestall any talk of a single payer system. But when Obama came on board with the plan after the Republicans had decided to obstruct any and all executive orders from the Black guy, well they never did have a plan B and still don't have a plan B.

Say hey, sometimes in my fantasies, instead of the slow, undignified, and painful death that my particular somatic mutation holds in store for me, I go out in a blaze of glory taking out a whole lot of Trump supporters along with me.

9 minutes ago, Johpa said:

I have noticed that those whose premiums increased significantly came from specific states. In my state the premiums within the ACA differed little from existing independent insured groups. Where the increases did occur is where people were previously placed into low risk groups that excluded pre-existing conditions or were Mickey Mouse plans with ridiculously low maximum benefits.

So in your world then you would gladly sacrifice those with pre-existing conditions. Well this chicken little rejects your small minded animal farm.

And just what is the plan to help those who "truly need coverage" and who shall determine such needs. The Republicans have had eight years to come up with some outline for a replacement plan to the ACA and still have nothing because, hold on to your hats folks, the ACA was the Republican plan to forestall any talk of a single payer system. But when Obama came on board with the plan after the Republicans had decided to obstruct any and all executive orders from the Black guy, well they never did have a plan B and still don't have a plan B.

Say hey, sometimes in my fantasies, instead of the slow, undignified, and painful death that my particular somatic mutation holds in store for me, I go out in a blaze of glory taking out a whole lot of Trump supporters along with me.

You cherry-picked my post to make your point.   No fair in honest debate!    

My final conclusion was to come up with a program to save ALL (the victimized Obama-care folks, AND the under or uninsured).  No, we don't gladly sacrifice a single soul.  Please re-read my post before taking such a cheap shot.  Thanks.    

Meanwhile, I wish you the best for a recovery or relief from pain as you fight your own battle.  I sincerely hope that the governmental changes in the future will meet your individual needs.  

Edited by Fookhaht

3 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

Great article.  Could you kindly email that to the next group of violent protesters?  Especially the large contingent who failed to vote themselves?

I keep on reading about the large number of demonstrators who failed to vote?  I know that you are a very scrupulous person who would never make unverifiable claims. So can you please share the source of your data with us?

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

I keep on reading about the large number of demonstrators who failed to vote?  I know that you are a very scrupulous person who would never make unverifiable claims. So can you please share the source of your data with us?

Sure--Google:  Portland, protests, Trump, election  (as just one example).  

(Thanks for the sincere (?) compliment, by the way.)

Edited by Fookhaht