Returning to U.K. after 11 years

Just now, zorro1 said:

Nah your a busted ass. No other reason to return with tail stuck between legs.
You failed man and now it's the blame game for you , blaming thailand just makes you look weak and there is no pill for that!

Seems to me you have some problems with comprehension,  never mind don't want to mock the afflicted...

I have not returned anywhere with tail between legs, luckily for me I have options which allows me to make the best decision for me and mine, unlike some I am not stuck in a place without the means or strength of character to leave but then again takes all sorts....

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems to me you have some problems with comprehension,  never mind don't want to mock the afflicted...

I have not returned anywhere with tail between legs, luckily for me I have options which allows me to make the best decision for me and mine, unlike some I am not stuck in a place without the means or strength of character to leave but then again takes all sorts....

Don't be silly. It doesn't take any more than booking a flight! And Zip to do with character.

Your OP is telling and it's pretty clear you need your nanny state to take care of you. You ask about work, doctors and the most telling.. "how do I get back in the system" see, it's always always always about the money.

No shame in failing. But please don't blame thailand, unless of course you want to be specific about why you were failed?

Over to you!

You will need a few thousand in cash if you go back. Cannot claim benefits for at least 3 months - as my son found out after 11 months in Spain. Had to go live with his mother in an area with very few jobs. Also, renting ...... my brother-in-law returned in October and because of no credit history in last few years he was asked for 6 MONTHS rent in advance. You may be luckier, but this might happen.

6 minutes ago, rickudon said:

You will need a few thousand in cash if you go back. Cannot claim benefits for at least 3 months - as my son found out after 11 months in Spain. Had to go live with his mother in an area with very few jobs. Also, renting ...... my brother-in-law returned in October and because of no credit history in last few years he was asked for 6 MONTHS rent in advance. You may be luckier, but this might happen.

people need to be more responsible and not acted like children being drip fed pocket money from the governments. man up take care of your selves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! losers 

Edited by catman20
14 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

God how sad is that! These are the losers thailand wants out!!

Truth hurts .

There  are  many farlangs/aliens   existing in  LOS, who have burned  their bridges ,

No base  in farlang  land .  Sad or  stupid ? .

Up to the Junta , at the stroke  of a pen .

Edited by elliss
1 hour ago, zorro1 said:

God how sad is that! These are the losers thailand wants out!!

I actually replied to this lol, but then realized completely pointless, time to hit the edit button.

for everyone else, thanks again, yes the first couple of weeks will be tough but once I get an apartment, job etc it will soon fall into place.

thanks again

Edited by james24

Just a quick question chaps...

ive just spoken to a family member and they suggested I could use their address for things before I get back.

is there anything I can get sent there before I get back that would help the process speed up a bit, e.g ni card, p45 etc...? Is it possible to do any of this outside of the U.K. Or because of the time length not really possible..?

Thanks guys

15 minutes ago, james24 said:

ive just spoken to a family member and they suggested I could use their address for things before I get back.

is there anything I can get sent there before I get back that would help the process speed up a bit, e.g ni card, p45 etc...? Is it possible to do any of this outside of the U.K. Or because of the time length not really possible..?

Thanks guys

What is it you wish to do exactly?

NI card - knowing your Number is sufficient I never had a NI card longer than a year. Just in memory now.

10 hours ago, zorro1 said:

Don't be silly. It doesn't take any more than booking a flight! And Zip to do with character.

Your OP is telling and it's pretty clear you need your nanny state to take care of you. You ask about work, doctors and the most telling.. "how do I get back in the system" see, it's always always always about the money.

No shame in failing. But please don't blame thailand, unless of course you want to be specific about why you were failed?

Over to you!

No fun sparring with the hard of thinking....

Fella I aint the OP!!

Have you been on the chang or something?  go back to the first page and have a read stops you making yourself look quite as stupid....

I have never asked here or anywhere else about work doctors or 'getting back into the system' never needed to see

Looks like the comprehension comment in post 61 is 100% right though.....

OP you need anything just drop me a PM and I will be happy to help

Edited by mark131v
18 hours ago, mark131v said:

Not bitter and twisted at all, just realistic and yes I am sure your reason for being in LoS is completely different to my reasons I already get that loud and clear!

I moved to LoS after leaving the RM and starting to work offshore because with a military pension  I could and it was tax free, could have chosen anywhere but I had been going to Thailand with the mates several times a year since about 2002 so knew it well

We still have the house, cars and stuff in LoS and can visit whenever and already had a couple of weeks in summer so I have no rose tinted specs for either place but unlike you it appears I have options 

Lived from 2010 to 2016 there and would never move back full time as it is becoming a basket case but fair to say you can probably still get your 20 year bar girls if that is your main priority....

You say you moved back to uk about a year ago wait till you have been there in 15 years and see wether you have had any of the comments come up that i described back in uk , you will get them alot of people back in uk have small minds because they live in their own little world and as i said before CONTROLLED by the BBC and other channels that have such a bad impression of thailand , they highlight things like ladyboys making everyone back in the uk think that thailand is overrun by them , when in fact you could go down to the city centre of any town or city in england and find thousands of them BUT OH NO they dont want to mention that because were british and we dont do that ...... a load of cobblers ..... its programms like that , that cause so much problems back there if you go for a holiday here or come to live here !!  you will get them comments you have been back only 1 year and also your not single so they wont say it as much to you !! and living out here with a partner can be disastrous in marriage terms lots of divorces due to extra marital affairs this may be part of your reason for going back we dont know , after 15 years back there you will be gagging to get back out here being fully retired by then .

1 hour ago, hottrader77 said:

You say you moved back to uk about a year ago wait till you have been there in 15 years and see wether you have had any of the comments come up that i described back in uk , you will get them alot of people back in uk have small minds because they live in their own little world and as i said before CONTROLLED by the BBC and other channels that have such a bad impression of thailand , they highlight things like ladyboys making everyone back in the uk think that thailand is overrun by them , when in fact you could go down to the city centre of any town or city in england and find thousands of them BUT OH NO they dont want to mention that because were british and we dont do that ...... a load of cobblers ..... its programms like that , that cause so much problems back there if you go for a holiday here or come to live here !!  you will get them comments you have been back only 1 year and also your not single so they wont say it as much to you !! and living out here with a partner can be disastrous in marriage terms lots of divorces due to extra marital affairs this may be part of your reason for going back we dont know , after 15 years back there you will be gagging to get back out here being fully retired by then .

Lived all over the UK with my wife for 5 years before we moved to Thailand in 2010 with no issues at all

She followed me around the country when I was in the mob frequently on her own for months on end when I was deployed overseas, no issues

Had 5 years in Thailand and she wanted to get back to the UK same as me, have options you see....

BBC, most people I know make up their own mind and thousands of ladyboys in UK cities, are you on drugs or in a parallel universe to the one the rest of us?

If in a couple of years I want to return to Thailand and the place doesn't self destruct first then I can go back to the house out there, again options

I think you and me have very little in common, it is patently obvious the things I find important are not the same as what you find important 

Finally you say a lot of people in the UK have small minds, again I have not seen too much of that so if I was you I would change your circle of friends as it looks like you have a very bitter and skewed opinion of people, sad way to live really....

11 hours ago, james24 said:

Thanks guys

I don't think there is. You could start the process by writing to the Revenue to tell them you're back but that will only result in them sending you forms to fill out. Ditto the NHS but you will need a GP first.

2 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

What you talking about?

Ladyboys all over the UK?

Thousands in the town centre?

Maybe you talking about Brighton or C.London but your kidding about all over the UK.  Also that ladyboys programme was that the one which was followed by a sequel? Aired about 3-4 years ago. I'm sure the producer made that for ITV but maybe there has been more since. 

Anyway your right about 1 thing. When I say I'm in thailand people immediately assume I'm partying hard which is so far from the truth it's unreal. So if anyone asks I say I'm in S.E.A and most of them are then to geographically challenged to assume anything other than the weather must be lovely.

I have a flat in the uk ,normally rented out  ,I go back to it  every  2 years , for 2 months it is getting more difficult to get in to the system , with the the "You must prove your address ,must have been they for 6 months " especially  the utility bill bit,  got de-registered by my doctors ,tried to get re-registered  filled in a form ,at the end of the form  prove your address,  my bank address is with a family member ,no council tax bills ,tenant in flat payed it ,no eltric bill ,not been in the flat long  enough to pay one , managed to use the welcome to your new home letter  from E-On to get re registered with the doctors ,when I got the electric   bill put in my name ,when I left the flat  wanted to forward  what bit of mail I was getting ,again could not "prove my address". at the post office ,so that could not be done .

One other thing ,call centres ,can not do a thing in the uk now without going though a call centre ,being kept on hold for ever, then the  ",security checks ".

Good luck .

20 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

What is it you wish to do exactly?

NI card - knowing your Number is sufficient I never had a NI card longer than a year. Just in memory now.

Yes that's the things, it's been such a while, I've pretty much forgotten just about everything lol

No fun sparring with the hard of thinking....

Fella I aint the OP!!

Have you been on the chang or something?  go back to the first page and have a read stops you making yourself look quite as stupid....

I have never asked here or anywhere else about work doctors or 'getting back into the system' never needed to see

Looks like the comprehension comment in post 61 is 100% right though.....

OP you need anything just drop me a PM and I will be happy to help

Thanks mate much appreciated :-)

9 hours ago, chiang mai said:

I don't think there is. You could start the process by writing to the Revenue to tell them you're back but that will only result in them sending you forms to fill out. Ditto the NHS but you will need a GP first.

I've got a family member just doing some checks now but I've still got my bank accounts and my local gp confirmed that I'm still on the books, just need to go in with id.

Tbh i am looking forward to it. 11 years is a long time with coronation street hahaha

Edited by james24
17 hours ago, mark131v said:

Lived all over the UK with my wife for 5 years before we moved to Thailand in 2010 with no issues at all

She followed me around the country when I was in the mob frequently on her own for months on end when I was deployed overseas, no issues

Had 5 years in Thailand and she wanted to get back to the UK same as me, have options you see....

BBC, most people I know make up their own mind and thousands of ladyboys in UK cities, are you on drugs or in a parallel universe to the one the rest of us?

If in a couple of years I want to return to Thailand and the place doesn't self destruct first then I can go back to the house out there, again options

I think you and me have very little in common, it is patently obvious the things I find important are not the same as what you find important 

Finally you say a lot of people in the UK have small minds, again I have not seen too much of that so if I was you I would change your circle of friends as it looks like you have a very bitter and skewed opinion of people, sad way to live really....

You say living in a parallel universe or on drugs it looks like your on drugs if you never seen any transvestites ( another word for ladyboys ) in uk , there are literally thousands of them you must walk around with your eyes shut or blinkard vision , also thousands of transexuals in england if i had a small mind like those back in uk i would say to you " oh you been to city centre have you well you must be hanging around with ladyboys (transvestites, transexuals) if you have been to a city centre there !!  can you now see how stupid it sounds to say stuff like that ? but in england you can get it all the time if people know you have been living in thailand, you say you never have had this ?? your married not single !! but if you dont believe this happens a few on this discussion board have agreed with me that they have heard it or had that in england off small minded people not only that if people hear you have lived in thailand and single then you must have been living in thailand and messing about with little girls or boys ( i suppose it does not matter if your married as in their minds you could still be doing this ) but mostly it is singles that get the flak all because as i say some people over in england have small minds and blinded by the news , they might see a news story which has been on BBC or any other channel possibly about an english teacher been arrested for messing about with young girls or boys then they look at you and say you were living in thailand bet you were at it as well !!    thats what it is like in uk and to have to tell you that means you must be living in a parallel universe or on drugs not to have heard that in the uk , i also have options probably more than you but i have still heard accusations just because i enjoy coming and holidaying in thailand, its very annoying living in the uk and listening to that crap all the time and alot of brit people on this board will tell you the same that they have heard or had these stupid allegations against totally inocent people enjoying thailand wether on a winter break or retiring here , i have even walked around sainsburys stores in england and seen plenty of transvestites (ladyboys ) walking around dressed as women  even seen them walking around town and city centres in broad daylight but nobody starts saying" oh you been to sainsburys have you , or the city centre well well you must like ladyboys how stupid does that sound thats how stupid brits sound who say that if you have not seen or heard that then you must be blind or st.p.d  

Edited by hottrader77
missed some words out
9 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

You say living in a parallel universe or on drugs it looks like your on drugs if you never seen any transvestites ( another word for ladyboys ) in uk , there are literally thousands of them you must walk around with your eyes shut or blinkard vision , also thousands of transexuals in england if i had a small mind like those back in uk i would say to you " oh you been to city centre have you well you must be hanging around with ladyboys (transvestites, transexuals) if you have been to a city centre there !!  can you now see how stupid it sounds to say stuff like that ? but in england you can get it all the time if people know you have been living in thailand, you say you never have had this ?? your married not single !! but if you dont believe this happens a few on this discussion board have agreed with me that they have heard it or had that in england off small minded people not only that if people hear you have lived in thailand and single then you must have been living in thailand and messing about with little girls or boys ( i suppose it does not matter if your married as in their minds you could still be doing this ) but mostly it is singles that get the flak all because as i say some people over in england have small minds and blinded by the news , they might see a news story which has been on BBC or any other channel possibly about an english teacher been arrested for messing about with young girls or boys then they look at you and say you were living in thailand bet you were at it as well !!    thats what it is like in uk and to have to tell you that means you must be living in a parallel universe or on drugs not to have heard that in the uk , i also have options probably more than you but i have still heard accusations just because i enjoy coming and holidaying in thailand, its very annoying living in the uk and listening to that crap all the time and alot of brit people on this board will tell you the same that they have heard or had these stupid allegations against totally inocent people enjoying thailand wether on a winter break or retiring here , i have even walked around sainsburys stores in england and seen plenty of transvestites (ladyboys ) walking around dressed as women  even seen them walking around town and city centres in broad daylight but nobody starts saying" oh you been to sainsburys have you , or the city centre well well you must like ladyboys how stupid does that sound thats how stupid brits sound who say that if you have not seen or heard that then you must be blind or st.p.d  

Got half way through then lost the will to read the rest...

Your first post on this subject painted you as somebody who was only really interested in having the company of 20yo bargirls, that may very well be an incorrect judgement but if you speak to people in the UK or anywhere else like that then for right or wrong you may very well be judged

It has nothing at all to do with small minds in my opinion but actually more to do with your description of your main reason for living or visiting Thailand, all this bollicks about people saying stuff, well I have lived all over England and a bit of time in Scotland and have seen very very little of what you describe as rife behaviour all over the UK

Will have to agree to disagree but as for the OP I stand by what I have wrote as I have recent experience of what he is describing and have overall had a very positive experience and absolutely no regrets and none of the issues that you describe as widespread in most of the UK

ps I served for a long time in the RM we were well known in the forces for getting dressed in drag for a night out but not too many are actually gay and very very few members of the public ever said anything when confronted by a big burly bootneck in fishnets and high heels.....

Your first post on this subject painted you as somebody who was only really interested in having the company of 20yo bargirls, that may very well be an incorrect judgement but if you speak to people in the UK or anywhere else like that then for right or wrong you may very well be judged

It has nothing at all to do with small minds in my opinion but actually more to do with your description of your main reason for living or visiting Thailand, all this bollicks about people saying stuff, well I have lived all over England and a bit of time in Scotland and have seen very very little of what you describe as rife behaviour all over the UK

Will have to agree to disagree but as for the OP I stand by what I have wrote as I have recent experience of what he is describing and have overall had a very positive experience and absolutely no regrets and none of the issues that you describe as widespread in most of the UK

ps I served for a long time in the RM we were well known in the forces for getting dressed in drag for a night out but not too many are actually gay and very very few members of the public ever said anything when confronted by a big burly bootneck in fishnets and high heels.....

You did a lot better than me mate, I got about 9 words in & moved on.

I'd love to have a night out around Warrington town center with the guy & him point out all of the "TS" happily going about their business, (I was born & bred there but even I don't get off with a night on the town that easy)!

But hey... SOHO London is some people's reality of the UK

Of course they have not said anything being confronted by a big burly bootneck in fishnets and high heels because of 2 things 

1  they know your joking around and not really a transvestite .

2. they dont know about you living in thailand dressed like that which is for a laugh yes ?

if it was for serious reasons that you was a transvestite dressed up and they know you lived in thailand then you will probably get the snide remarks possibly that was reason you became a transvestite .

You will get remarks made to you just wait till you been in uk for about 10 years you will hear it in bars or work or street but you will hear it , but knowing you on the way you are posting and saying i dont think you will recognise it as a snide remark or anything but when you constantly get it then you will realise its not nice and can get you wound up , years of hearing it , believe me all the tension goes when i get on the plane and take off out of that place , im not saying as a whole that the uk has some of the best facilities in the world  but it also has this side of it 

Another 9 words in... (there's a golden rule in there somewhere).

But I do take your point, remember chatting to a guy in Dogs Nana who asked me where I was from, Yada Yada Yada later he tells me that he wished he was working in Singapore. But after 10 years working in Bangkok he was dreading the Reception he's going tiger in the UK

Me... I'm moving back, with my Filipina (she's in her 30s so should avoid at least 1/2 of the prejudices)

If traveling by train, use thetrainline site to order in advance and cheap off peak tickets ( full fare and peak will kill you - prices like telephone numbers )

Anyone that is returning to the UK for a visit and orders return train tickets online.

Nowadays, you don't get a return ticket, you get 2 singles.

I ordered a return ticket and when I got back to the UK, I went to a machine that issued the ticket.

Ticket came out and I took it. It was only later that I realised that the ticket I had taken was only for the first part of the journey. The return part must have been issued after I had left. So I had to get another single for the return part and it cost more than the original total payment for the return.

After that I was wiser and when ordering tickets online and collecting the tickets from a machine, I waited for the return part. There was quite a gap between the first part being issued and the 2nd part,

2 hours ago, loong said:

Anyone that is returning to the UK for a visit and orders return train tickets online.

Nowadays, you don't get a return ticket, you get 2 singles.

I ordered a return ticket and when I got back to the UK, I went to a machine that issued the ticket.

Ticket came out and I took it. It was only later that I realised that the ticket I had taken was only for the first part of the journey. The return part must have been issued after I had left. So I had to get another single for the return part and it cost more than the original total payment for the return.

After that I was wiser and when ordering tickets online and collecting the tickets from a machine, I waited for the return part. There was quite a gap between the first part being issued and the 2nd part,

Your right nearly caught me out last week, ended up with 5 bits of paper for a single return ticket but actually very cheap if you book in advance....

On 1/28/2017 at 3:26 PM, JB300 said:

Another 9 words in... (there's a golden rule in there somewhere).

But I do take your point, remember chatting to a guy in Dogs Nana who asked me where I was from, Yada Yada Yada later he tells me that he wished he was working in Singapore. But after 10 years working in Bangkok he was dreading the Reception he's going tiger in the UK

Me... I'm moving back, with my Filipina (she's in her 30s so should avoid at least 1/2 of the prejudices)

Just a word of warning if your taking your wife or girlfriend to uk , it was the worst decision i made as you will get guys drooling over her and giving her the wink at every place you go especially if she is good looking like mine was you will get this over and over an unfortunately it can split you up , a few cases it works but alot of couples have split up taking their girl to uk , you see you have to remember over here in thailand there are lots of girls wanting to take your girlfriends place with you , BUT over in the uk its the other way round alot of men wanting to take your place and jelousy creeps in , just had to warn you about that but hope it works out for you.

On 1/28/2017 at 8:29 PM, mark131v said:

Your right nearly caught me out last week, ended up with 5 bits of paper for a single return ticket but actually very cheap if you book in advance....

just wanted to say thats 1 con in the uk that i was telling you about before mark131v   , you said you have not seen any ? a single ticket costs about 20p less than a return SO YOU HAVE SEEN RIP OFF BRITAIN THEN EH mark131V? 

17 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

just wanted to say thats 1 con in the uk that i was telling you about before mark131v   , you said you have not seen any ? a single ticket costs about 20p less than a return SO YOU HAVE SEEN RIP OFF BRITAIN THEN EH mark131V? 

What cities you seen these armies in trsnsrxuals in then trader? You mean the Internet of cities perhaps? 

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

What cities you seen these armies in trsnsrxuals in then trader? You mean the Internet of cities perhaps? 

seen them all over uk , i used to work in sainsburys worked london , kent , essex , berkshire, bedfordshire , hertfordshire ,  north east , yorkshire when your in a supermarket all day you see loads of transexuals and transvestites dressed as women doing their shopping , even done door to door and seen loads of them coming and answering the door , maybe you not noticed them but if your over there keep your eyes peeled in supermarkets especially they like to do their shopping dressed up in womens clothes maybe its a turn on for them .

i have even seen them walking round city centres in broad daylight , one time i saw one on a freezing day in december with a silk dress on and can you beleive it he HAD A BEARD !! HA HA i mean if your going to dress up as a women should at least try to look like one !! ha ha 

i even saw one get out of a taxi outside nana plaza a farlang not a thai and he had a short tight mini skirt on , red shoes , pig tails and BELEIVE IT OR NOT A GINGER BEARD OF ALL THINGS ! he looked ridiculous only a zombi would have taken that home !! ha ha  

9 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

seen them all over uk , i used to work in sainsburys worked london , kent , essex , berkshire, bedfordshire , hertfordshire ,  north east , yorkshire when your in a supermarket all day you see loads of transexuals and transvestites dressed as women doing their shopping , even done door to door and seen loads of them coming and answering the door , maybe you not noticed them but if your over there keep your eyes peeled in supermarkets especially they like to do their shopping dressed up in womens clothes maybe its a turn on for them .

i have even seen them walking round city centres in broad daylight , one time i saw one on a freezing day in december with a silk dress on and can you beleive it he HAD A BEARD !! HA HA i mean if your going to dress up as a women should at least try to look like one !! ha ha 

i even saw one get out of a taxi outside nana plaza a farlang not a thai and he had a short tight mini skirt on , red shoes , pig tails and BELEIVE IT OR NOT A GINGER BEARD OF ALL THINGS ! he looked ridiculous only a zombi would have taken that home !! ha ha  

Ginger beard about 6'3 good legs?