Info Help with Non Immigrant B Visa Please

Hi guys,

I am currently in the processes of obtaining a work permit & Non Immigrant B visa for Thailand, 

I understand I require the Non Immigrant B visa, which is valid for 90 days, until such time I can apply for extension.

To obtain the 1 year Non immigrant B visa I would need to earn 50,000 Baht or more per month is this correct?

So some advice for this process & the extension process would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely a Confused 27 Year Old Kiwiboy 

Yes...it is confusing...the 50k pcm will be the required salary for you as a Kiwi. This will be stamped in your work permit. That means that you will need to pay 5% of that as withholding tax (ภงด1) monthly. This will only be required as proof when you renew, as when you first apply this will not have started yet.

Your employing company will also need to show social security payments for 4 Thai staff PER work permit.

I hope it helps and isn't just more confusing! ?

Edited by BigFun
  • Like 1

There are 2 options for non B - 

Obtain outside of Thailand - little paperwork and easy but 90 day border runs required OR

Obtain extension inside Thailand which requires lots of paperwork, 4 Thai staff, etc but 90 day border runs not needed.

1 minute ago, BigFun said:

This will be stamped in your work permit.

The 50k baht salary is not required to get a work permit. It is only required to apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon working for a company.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 50k baht salary is not required to get a work permit. It is only required to apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon working for a company.

It's required to show here, in Surathani, to renew. 

2 minutes ago, BigFun said:

It's required to show here, in Surathani, to renew. 

That may be a local requirement but there is nothing in the alien working act or ministerial regulations  for a work permit that require it.

• Like 2

Thanks guys for your replys,

Ah okay so from what Elviajer/ Bigfun & Ubonjoe have said I can apply for a Non B visa back in my country but have to do 90 days borders runs.

So not 90 day check ins? Border Runs?

But for the 1 year extension 50K is required. 

The company is offering "Non-B visa and work permit provided"

But the salary is less then the required 50K for extension.

How do they get around this?

Or do I need to tell them up the money to 50K so my visa paperwork is in order?

Thanks KiwiBoy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KiwiBoyBlake said:

Ah okay so from what Elviajer/ Bigfun & Ubonjoe have said I can apply for a Non B visa back in my country but have to do 90 days borders runs.

Thanks KiwiBoy

You can apply for a single entry non-b visa before traveling without a problem. Getting a multiple entry non-b visa would likely be difficult or not possible without additional supporting documents.

A multiple entry non-b visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue. You would have to leave the country every 90 days to get a new entry.

A one year extension of stay based upon working does not require you to leave every 90 days. You just do reports of staying longer than 90 consecutive days to immigration.

You only need the 50k baht income to get the one year extension. You could get the single entry non-b visa and then negotiate with them about the salary after arriving.

If not possible you could still get the one year work permit and then make a trip to Penang Malaysia to get a multiple entry non-b visa.

• Like 1

Thanks UbonJoe & Lite Beer for the info.

Forgot to mention Im already living here in the LOS.

So I would have to fly back to NZ to obtain the correct visa?

Or just get the single entry non-B visa from the job, after 90 days then have to fly Penang Malaysia to obtain a multiple entry non-B visa?

Or just apply for a job that pays more? Haha

You can get a single entry non-b visa at most nearby embassies or consulates. To apply for it you would need a work permit application approval letter from the Labor Ministry.

Then after getting the work permit you could go to Penang for the multiple entry visa if you don't have a 50k baht salary.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KiwiBoyBlake said:

Thanks KiwiBoy

They don't need to pay you 50k pcm...just the withholding taxes on 50k pcm. Then they/you will have the required paperwork for an extension.

Of course if they actually pay you 50k+ then it's better for you ?

Can anyone help.

I have been refused a extension to my non-imm B visa and been told I must leave the country to get a new visa by 6th Feb.

Any advice, guidance gratefully received.

1) Where to go

2) Documents needed

3) Agents in Thailand who will assist

Company accountant who was dealing with this for me really screwed up.

Thanks for any help. Not trying to skip paying but have no idea where to start.

14 minutes ago, chrisdom said:

Can anyone help.

I have been refused a extension to my non-imm B visa and been told I must leave the country to get a new visa by 6th Feb.

1) Where to go

2) Documents needed

1. Vientiane or Penang dependent where you are located.

2. Vientiane's requirements are here. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B business.pdf

3. Where are located?

Can anyone help.

1) Where to go

2) Documents needed

Thanks for your help. I know Penang a little bit but not Vientiane so maybe better there. Is there a good company you could recommend who might help with this?

6 minutes ago, chrisdom said:

If I get a Visa (Ordinary travel or Non-Imm B ) I assume I don't need a re-entry permit to get back in.

The only reason for a re-entry permit would be to keep your extension valid so you certainly do not need one.

Thanks Ubonjoe.

You are a great help.

Looks like I'll have to get an ordinary visa there and try to convert when back here (my WP runs out this Friday so will be invalid by the time I get there and can't get a WP3 until I am out of the country I'm told)

Onwards and (hopefully) upwards.