Subway

ChiangMaiThai

Stickman took a lot of grief when he waxed lyrical over the opening of this place, but you're both dead right about it. I know it's only a sandwich shop, for God's sake, but they do what they do well, and they make a real effort to see that the customers are happy and get good value. Whoever is running Subway in Thailand has done a damned good job of training his staff to be less Thai and more Western about the way they serve customers, which is only fitting in a Western food joint. He deserves to have that noticed.

after you build up your appetite at the eden club.... :o

the subway shop is at the entrance to soi 7/1 ( jet kup noung ) sukhumvit....

It was suprising how quick it was built...watched the progress as there is a couple of nice little bars in soi 7/1

The best fast food to come out of the US in my opinion, Phuket has been left out unfortunately :o

I reckon it's a Canadian franchise G, something like Doctors incorporated, might slip down to Jetty road later and get one, 12" melt with all the fillings mmm. :D

The best fast food to come out of the US in my opinion, Phuket has been left out unfortunately :D

I reckon it's a Canadian franchise G, something like Doctors incorporated, might slip down to Jetty road later and get one, 12" melt with all the fillings mmm. :D

I had one in Bangers last week, near the Emporium :o , do like that meat ball one Bronco! In Phuket we have McDonalds, Pizza Company and used to have a Burger King in town, but that vanished - if you want Burger King, you have to drive all the way to the airport as there is a new one in there.

I was in Subway at the bottom of Nana station the other day. Great job George. Staff were friendly. Food was good. And it was a welcome break on the long and arduous journey between Soi 7 and Soi 4.

Hanging around Nana Tai CMT ... shopping for takeaways in the Plaza ? :o

and dont forget colonel captain sandshoes, finger licken good in Bangla rd. Guy I knew brought some back to the bar one night and offered it round, nobody was hungry so he scoffed the lot, next day, crook as a dog, got the trots, spewing the whole shooting box, so strike that off my takeaway list :D:D:o

and dont forget colonel captain sandshoes, finger licken good in Bangla rd. Guy I knew brought some back to the bar one night and offered it round, nobody was hungry so he scoffed the lot, next day, crook as a dog, got the trots, spewing the whole shooting box, so strike that off my takeaway list :D:D:o

KFC in Thailand Bronco is terrible - I think the Colonel forgot to give them the "secret herbs and spices" recipe - it taste like fried chicken and far from finger lickin good!

In Phuket we have McDonalds, Pizza Company and used to have a Burger King in town, but that vanished - if you want Burger King, you have to drive all the way to the airport as there is a new one in there.

We have a Burger King???

Man i might have to go take a drive upto the airport!!!

What Phuket really needs is one of those back street Kabab shops run by a couple greeks that stays open until 4/5am, like we used to get back home...

Buy a "compass" kabab and let it lead you home after a hard nights drinking!

In Phuket we have McDonalds, Pizza Company and used to have a Burger King in town, but that vanished - if you want Burger King, you have to drive all the way to the airport as there is a new one in there.

We have a Burger King???

Man i might have to go take a drive upto the airport!!!

What Phuket really needs is one of those back street Kabab shops run by a couple greeks that stays open until 4/5am, like we used to get back home...

Buy a "compass" kabab and let it lead you home after a hard nights drinking!

Hey Wolfie, its been open about 2 months, worth the drive?

I second your Kebab thoughts, a yiros would be also great.

In Chalong (across the road from the police station) there is a kebab type place, not to bad either - but not exactly what we are all looking for.

Hey Wolfie, its been open about 2 months, worth the drive?

I second your Kebab thoughts, a yiros would be also great.

In Chalong (across the road from the police station) there is a kebab type place, not to bad either - but not exactly what we are all looking for.

Shows how often i goto the airport! ha!

The kabab place you talk of is just down the road from me, problem is they are not open at 4am (the time you NEED a kabab) theres no processed meat and quite frankly they are somewhat below par! :D

Right then, time to employ a couple of greek layabouts (no offence meant to the general greek populace) and open a proper compass kabab shop that doesnt open until midnight...

I should make a killing with that idea, i wonder if i could afford an "elite" card by this time next year??? :o

Singapore has the right idea,

No Food, No Drink, No chewing gum on the subway.

It does look clean................

:D:o Oooops

But Singapore has a subway, one is on Beach Road resp. Shaw Towers

I was in Subway at the bottom of Nana station the other day. Great job George. Staff were friendly. Food was good. And it was a welcome break on the long and arduous journey between Soi 7 and Soi 4.

Hanging around Nana Tai CMT ... shopping for takeaways in the Plaza ? :o

I deny everything. I know of no such place.

I was at the one in Pattaya on one of its first days and it was very culturally interesting.

I was with a Thai and preceeded down the line. Knowing what to do, I followed my sandwich and got it right. My Thai friend placed the order and then went away to a table so "staff" could make it. Well, all confusion broke loose, and the on scene manager/trainer started to blame the Thai girl for mixing up the order with another customer who started in the middle of the line, etc. etc. etc.

I was joking with the manager afterwards and suggested that he set up signing so he could train the "customers" to follow their sandwiches during preparation so the condiments could be added as desired. I suggested it was hopless to expect his Thai staff to discipline the farang customers to stay in line, tell them what to put on their sandwich, etc.

In time, even Thais will learn how to order and have prepared a Subway sandwich.

Something we don't even think about when we have that experience. I must admit some responsibility for not realizing, in advance, a Thai in a Subway for th first is bound to not get it right.

Patong had a kebab place on soi Bangla. On the right hand side near the end. also last time there was also one outside Ocean on Bangla.

I want to see a Subway at the new Central and have no ideas why they don't put on in the new Junk ceylon in Patong. Would be one of the few things I would invest in here.

Defintely one of america's best sellers. Next lets have a Taco Bell!!!!

I used to assume that Kentucky Fried Chicken had been changed to just KFC to make it easier on our Thai brethren. I believe now that it was a more sinister move. The ol' colonel ran into problems with trade discription and various lawsuits were pending because the stufff they cook up can not be legally described as chicken anymore.

Hence KFC. I'm not sure what the "C" stands for now. Maybe "Creature" or "Crap".

Anyway, certainly tastes like <deleted>. :o

All we need now is a Wendy's! Definitely the best of the burger trio.

Heard that there was a Wendy's in MBK ages ago but it didn't do so well. Perhaps with Subway's successful return a Wendy's could also come back.

Cheers!

In time, even Thais will learn how to order and have prepared a Subway sandwich.

Something we don't even think about when we have that experience. I must admit some responsibility for not realizing, in advance, a Thai in a Subway for th first is bound to not get it right.

and in time lets hope that even westerners will learn how not to post patronising nonsense such as the above.

only the americans could take something as nourishing and simple as a sandwich and make it into the complicated production line farce that is..... the "subway".

dessicated tomatoes and cucumber,plastic cheese,reconstituted "meat" products and sauces out of neon coloured plastic squeezy bottles do not a sandwich make.

4 staff to make a sandwich, definately a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

uncle sam,stick to levis and rock and roll, and leave our food and drink alone.please.

and in time lets hope that even westerners will learn how not to post patronising nonsense such as the above.

only the americans could take something as nourishing and simple as a sandwich and make it into the complicated production line farce that is..... the "subway".

dessicated tomatoes and cucumber,plastic cheese,reconstituted "meat" products and sauces out of neon coloured plastic squeezy bottles do not a sandwich make.

4 staff to make a sandwich, definately a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

uncle sam,stick to levis and rock and roll, and leave our food and drink alone.please.

In time, lets hope that even ######s will learn how not to post patronizing nonsense such as the above. :o

completely true,making a big deal,an"experience",an event, out of a simple sandwich.

more kiddie food from the usa.

uncle sam,stick to levis and rock and roll, and leave our food and drink alone.please

american fast food is killing the world with diabetes,obesity and heart disease.

it should not be exported. leave it to the fat arsed floridians,the overweight oregonians,the assheavy arizonians and the massive mississipians. :o

patronizing nonsense.......you just know it makes sense. :D

completely true,making a big deal,an"experience",an event, out of a simple sandwich.

more kiddie food from the usa.

uncle sam,stick to levis and rock and roll, and leave our food and drink alone.please
american fast food is killing the world with diabetes,obesity and heart disease.

it should not be exported. leave it to the fat arsed floridians,the overweight oregonians,the assheavy arizonians and the massive mississipians. :D

patronizing nonsense.......you just know it makes sense. :D

Give us a break. Same old, tired, politically correct stereotypes; You brought up patronizing nonsense, and you were right the first time. :o

gp,i'm not going to get into a long drawn out posting fight with you. i've made my point and defended my position as best as i can.

see you again on another topic i'm sure. :o

but imho the sandwich chain with the french name???,(actually they are a british company), do a much better sandwich.