TV Members meet in Bar

stament

47 minutes ago, amykat said:

Synonyms:

egocentric, egoistic, egomaniacal, egotistic, egotistical, grandstanding, having a swelled head, independent, inward-looking, know-it-all, narcissistic, on an ego trip, self-absorbed, self-indulgent, self-interested, self-involved, self-seeking, self-serving, self-sufficient, selfish, stuck on oneself, wrapped up with oneself, pull my head out of my ass, pull his head out of his ass, pull her head out of her ass, pull our head out of our ass, pull their head out of their ass

You trumps biographer.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, evenstevens said:

what a naive post, for the following reason,how can you judge Four Seasons Sunday Brunch when you have never ever been there???
Pretension, just the very opposite, now little girl , go back to your cave,and have a very nice day

Stamsy, your down to earth meeting places, that you have in mind, the punter for this event will surely pick up a TAB for ( approx) 1000 baht or more(food and drinks)

for the around  about double , you have got the best laid on, from ambience, service,  to great tucker,   (including lobster and seafood)with free flowing wine and cocktails, and a great Jazz Band with the beautiful Om singing the afternoon away,and fresh air to boot, cobber when one weighs in all the factors on what you receive, its a great deal

perhaps not a central location for all,but well worth a  30 min trip(approx) to Gods Country (Maerim),sure beats thrashing  your way through heavy traffic of the intended venue, from where ever you come from, as for The Four Seasons Sunday Brunch  being up its self, nuffin could be further from the truth, on many occassions, during the course of the afternoon  E/S has landed on the table of others ,and vice a versa, and  E/S is well known to do a dancing gig with any ladies present,who want to do so

its all about class,and what value you get for your hard earn,t, Four Seasons Sunday Brunch fits all areas, ,

a absoulately sensational morning to all

Actually, E/S this idea of a pleasant Sunday afternoon at Four Season Brunch sounds rather nice except for two problems.

1.  you'll be there

2.  it's a well-known fact that you fall off the edge of the planet when you cross the Superhighway.  If something can't be found within 2 miles of KSK, then it isn't worth finding.

2 minutes ago, NancyL said:

OK, so the idea of the Brunch Exclusivo at Favola Restaurant, Le Meridien Feb. 5 didn't fly. 

How about the Food Factory a.k.a. the Blue Food Court in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew mall?  Elvis performs on Thursday and Friday nights for sure (maybe other nights) around 6 pm but actually the band that backs him is better, which is good because Elvis can only manage a 20 minute set these days.  Most evenings there is a bored-looking Chang girl. 

The harsh blue lights of the place will really show us all off nicely.

It's Chiang Mai retirement living at its best.

Indeed it is, and I look fwd to joining the retirees there when I retire. How about Big C beer hall at Don Chan? ?

4 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Actually, E/S this idea of a pleasant Sunday afternoon at Four Season Brunch sounds rather pleasant except for two problems.

1.  you'll be there

2.  it's a well-known fact that you fall off the edge of the planet when you cross the Superhighway

Harsh! Have to say Nancy that you will change your mind about E/S were you to meet him, he's a delightful character in the flesh, good company, polite and a gentleman through and through.

Edited by chiang mai

1 hour ago, smokie36 said:

What a load of old cobblers.

Old being the important thing here and I am not referring to chronological age.

Got me shaking my head with laughter...and only at you...nice one!

As old mick j. Said if the old ladies can not.get know.why don't they just keep in touch with themselves.

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Synonyms:

egocentric, egoistic, egomaniacal, egotistic, egotistical, grandstanding, having a swelled head, independent, inward-looking, know-it-all, narcissistic, on an ego trip, self-absorbed, self-indulgent, self-interested, self-involved, self-seeking, self-serving, self-sufficient, selfish, stuck on oneself, wrapped up with oneself, pull my head out of my ass, pull his head out of his ass, pull her head out of her ass, pull our head out of our ass, pull their head out of their ass

11 minutes ago, true blue said:

You trumps biographer.

:cheesy:

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Synonyms:

And the worse part of this is, these are my good points, my bad points are even better.

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Synonyms:

Mirror more be apt from latest postings, always open for correction and discourse without the vitriol.

I'd like to come along but I'll be back home at that time...., enjoying the incomparable Western Australian summer weather. What are the chances some kind of monthly meet up for part-time visitors could be organised ?

Edited by Sandy Freckle

2 minutes ago, Sandy Freckle said:

What are the chances some kind of monthly meet up for part-time visitors could be organised ?

The way this one is going I wouldn't hold my breath!

Just to add:

the benefits of doing this sooner rather than later is that the weather is still reasonably cool at night, in a months time it will not be so, it will be hot and sweaty. And in a months time we'll be in the middle of burning season and the evening/night air will be foul.

Edited by chiang mai

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

I'll be in the UK but I'll be there in spirit.

As far as backlash is concerned, nonsense, although you'll never please everyone 100%.

Hope you have a good interim withdrawal back in Lancashire from the annual burning, if I'm not correct.

Would have been more significant for you to be present than a shot on the bar in memory.

Have a good time back in the natural homeland, purchased returns ticket were compulsory and expecting you back for sagacious advice & commentary.

12 minutes ago, Sandy Freckle said:

... but I'll be back home at that time...., enjoying the incomparable Western Australian summer weather...

Now I finally understand the "sandy freckle" reference... :giggle:

11 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Hope you have a good interim withdrawal back in Lancashire from the annual burning, if I'm not correct.

Would have been more significant for you to be present than a shot on the bar in memory.

Have a good time back in the natural homeland, purchased returns ticket were compulsory and expecting you back for sagacious advice & commentary.

Did you say Lancashire, that's fighting talk. :post-4641-1156694572:

17 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Just to add:

the benefits of doing this sooner rather than later is that the weather is still reasonably cool at night, in a months time it will not be so, it will be hot and sweaty. And in a months time we'll be in the middle of burning season and the evening/night air will be foul.

Feel free to go ahead next week without me, we can always have another and I am sure we will get at least 2 people whenever we do it ?

23 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Just to add:

Chiang Mai ... maybe I could just give you my address and we could meet?? sooner??

28 minutes ago, amykat said:

Chiang Mai ... maybe I could just give you my address and we could meet?? sooner??

AK: as much as I'd like to be able to do that I think the chances at this point are slim, I'm leaving for the UK in only a few days time and I've still got lots to do. I'll PM you right now with an idea for a partial Plan B.

39 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Did you say Lancashire, that's fighting talk. :post-4641-1156694572:

Apologies, I thought you were  NW of origination from previous correspondence.

If wrong, feel free to take perceived anger out directly at me, amends negotiated befitting slight of face. ?

9 hours ago, garryjohns said:

Hope you can make it ...I'll be there also.

Looking forward to meeting you in person LB.

Never met an "adult" who calls himself a "badboy" before.:smile:

PS we'll make it a requisite than there is nothing dangerous for children at the meeting place, just so you can relax.

Haha, it's always a good idea to hide the wife and kids when I'm out drinking!

Make sure you wear something cute for me.

20 hours ago, amykat said:

Hey, hey, hey ...I was just going to bash him for you!!  He's an Aussie!!

But I believe his house has been for sale for years??

thats right a Dinky Di Aussie,( no half baked)

just to set the record straight,our property was withdrawn from all real estate  agents two years ago,due to a shitty market (still is)

so if you want to bash with E/S, get your facts right,  got it little girl

now Stamsy.  my good cobber ,.E/S has another one perhaps more  to your liking,at the other end of the scale to the Four Seasons

Khualek restaruant, directly opposite the River Market ( next to the Iron Bridge, opposite Rimping Supermarket )

all dishes from  70 baht through to 190 baht..heinkens 100 baht lge..and you are sitting right on the banks of the river, a good  golly will hit the  Ping

they have a party area  which u can booked in advance which is only a short walk to the Dunnys, got some time , PLEASE check it out, its a winner

the venue is sensational at dusk into night fall, E/S has got a leg in,there,(contact)so if you want a leg up, give me a P.M.

a Little Girly good morning to all

On 28 January 2017 at 8:47 AM, evenstevens said:

thats right a Dinky Di Aussie,( no half baked)

just to set the record straight,our property was withdrawn from all real estate  agents two years ago,due to a shitty market (still is)

so if you want to bash with E/S, get your facts right,  got it little girl

now Stamsy.  my good cobber ,.E/S has another one perhaps more  to your liking,at the other end of the scale to the Four Seasons

Khualek restaruant, directly opposite the River Market ( next to the Iron Bridge, opposite Rimping Supermarket )

all dishes from  70 baht through to 190 baht..heinkens 100 baht lge..and you are sitting right on the banks of the river, a good  golly will hit the  Ping

they have a party area  which u can booked in advance which is only a short walk to the Dunnys, got some time , PLEASE check it out, its a winner

the venue is sensational at dusk into night fall, E/S has got a leg in,there,(contact)so if you want a leg up, give me a P.M.

a Little Girly good morning to all

E/S, I will add your suggestions to the poll which I will create later today.  Any further suggestions?