TV Members meet in Bar

stament

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 1:19 PM, WinnieTheKhwai said:

To have some change in the routine?  

Also when meeting in person, bickering rarely happens; it's weird.   

People can be raving lunatics online and then you meet them in person and they appear like certified gentlemen.

You never went to the last one u advocated going to no 1 bar instead mindu

The old bell was a disaster tv meeting so u were propally  right

Edited by true blue
Spell check????

Anyway, TV members walk into a bar..  I thought this was going to be a stale joke..

(...then finally a female TV poster walks in with her dog.  

-- Eh, what's with the pig,  someone wonders out loud.

"This is CLEARLY a dog, just how drunk are you guys?" 

-- Oh please shut up, I was talking to the dog!    :) )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

7 hours ago, transam said:

Yes me....... waving hi text smiley

I remember the last party at the Old Bell.

The landlord wasn't too chuffed that none of the more regular posters turned up at the bash.

He was even more jaded when a number of the most prolific posters on the forum wandered in the following week for a marathon drinking session.

Timing is everything with these things! :coffee1:

19 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Isn't that what the CEC expat ladies lunch is?  

It's what it was for a while after it was started, but now the cheaper version takes place at the Grandview - very well attended, but the venue is often busy and the noise makes it almost impossible to have much of a conversation. As for the 'food'.....no comment.

I was mainly envisaging a meetup in one of the upstairs rooms in several coffee shops in and around the Old City. -  something similar to a weekly discussion group which met upstairs at the Lemon Tree a decade ago. We got some interesting discussions going, the food was OK and we could all hear ourselves think! Also, we weren't restricted for time as it was held in the evening.

Just my take...

10 minutes ago, buddhalady said:

It's what it was for a while after it was started, but now the cheaper version takes place at the Grandview - very well attended, but the venue is often busy and the noise makes it almost impossible to have much of a conversation. As for the 'food'.....no comment.

A ladies lunch that gets noisy? Surely you jest???

22 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Anyway, TV members walk into a bar..  I thought this was going to be a stale joke..

(...then finally a female TV poster walks in with her dog.  

-- Eh, what's with the pig,  someone wonders out loud.

"This is CLEARLY a dog, just how drunk are you guys?" 

-- Oh please shut up, I was talking to the dog!    :) )

Or the other one.

TV poster walks into a bar with a pig on his head

The barman says " Where did you get that from "

The pig replies " It started as a pimple on my rear "

3 hours ago, buddhalady said:

I was mainly envisaging a meetup in one of the upstairs rooms in several coffee shops in and around the Old City. -  something similar to a weekly discussion group which met upstairs at the Lemon Tree a decade ago. We got some interesting discussions going, the food was OK and we could all hear ourselves think! Also, we weren't restricted for time as it was held in the evening.

Just my take...

There are such active groups and clubs in Chiang Mai, run on similar lines to as you describe, they are on facebook, only need to look and you will find.

I have the perfect solution how to not expose your real identities on TV members meeting outs.

mask.jpg