TV Members meet in Bar

stament

3 hours ago, LarryBird said:

Will definitely try and make it.

Hope you can make it ...I'll be there also.

Looking forward to meeting you in person LB.

Never met an "adult" who calls himself a "badboy" before.:smile:

PS we'll make it a requisite than there is nothing dangerous for children at the meeting place, just so you can relax.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Stevens - I have been to the brunch, albeit a few years ago. Pleasant experience, but not one I'm desperate to repeat, especially considering the traffic nowadays. I'd die of starvation before I got to within half a mile of the venue.

Those who know me also know that 'naive' is the last thing I am. Sounds as though you're from across the pond and a dedicated Trump supporter with your 'little girl' comment. Us Brits can easily see through American smoke and mirrors, and the view's not pleasant. Back to the 'see and be seen'.....

8 minutes ago, buddhalady said:

Even Stevens - I have been to the brunch, albeit a few years ago. Pleasant experience, but not one I'm desperate to repeat, especially considering the traffic nowadays. I'd die of starvation before I got to within half a mile of the venue.

Those who know me also know that 'naive' is the last thing I am. Sounds as though you're from across the pond and a dedicated Trump supporter with your 'little girl' comment. Us Brits can easily see through American smoke and mirrors, and the view's not pleasant. Back to the 'see and be seen'.....

Hey, hey, hey ...I was just going to bash him for you!!  He's an Aussie!! 

But I believe his house has been for sale for years??  I think he should host the party himself and that way we can all tour his lovely home. Then we can trash it with anti-Trump stuff before we leave when he is drunk!!

5 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

My wife doesn't understand me either;  Personally I enjoy going to bars all night flirting with random loose women, and my wife doesn't understand that. 

I`m not officially married. A few years ago me and some of my friends went and stayed for a few days in Pattaya. A friend was visiting from America, he was staying there and we decided to go and see him from Chiang Mai as he wasn`t coming up here. I`m not particularly a bar person but we had a great time being a few of us together and I also want to make it clear bargirls don`t interest me. Not going to waste my time arguing with some of the angry women that assume men going to bars means prostitutes must be on the menu. 

If going out I do like places with a bit of action, musical entertainment, lively atmosphere and some good company. Sitting in a dull restaurant with a few friends watching them stuffing their faces with food is not my idea of a fun night out. I have tried a couple of Chiang Mai social clubs and these do intend to attract the older expats and think the bars in Chiang Mai are sub standard, too expensive, done it all before and got bored of that too. 

Going back to the subject of western women, I really do understand why they feel the way they do and realise there is not much going for them in Chiang Mai. Pattaya is a predominantly male entertainment city, Bangkok is not really a good place for single people, it`s fast and furious and easy to get lost in a void there and most older western women are not going to be interested in girly bars. The situation will not change unless these women instead of feeling bitter and frustrated about the male attitudes towards them or concerning themselves with what the men do in their spare time, should take matters into their own hands and decide to help themselves.  It only needs one or two of them to take the initiative and arrange to meet among themselves. If they have difficulties in doing this, because I know that western women can get bitchy even among themselves, then they don`t have much hope of changing situations to their liking in Chiang Mai or anywhere else for that matter. 

32 minutes ago, amykat said:

Cyberfarang, You have your head so far up your own A$$, it is probably still in the UK. 

I do not have any problems and very happy with my life in Chiang Mai. I bet no one even gives you a second glance when you are out, you are one of the invisible people and if not having TV to air your frustrations, no one would listen to you. You are on my ignore list and you can blast away till your hearts content.

7 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I`m not officially married. A few years ago me and some of my friends went and stayed for a few days in Pattaya. A friend was visiting from America, he was staying there and we decided to go and see him from Chiang Mai as he wasn`t coming up here. I`m not particularly a bar person but we had a great time being a few of us together and I also want to make it clear bargirls don`t interest me. Not going to waste my time arguing with some of the angry women that assume men going to bars means prostitutes must be on the menu. 

If going out I do like places with a bit of action, musical entertainment, lively atmosphere and some good company. Sitting in a dull restaurant with a few friends watching them stuffing their faces with food is not my idea of a fun night out. I have tried a couple of Chiang Mai social clubs and these do intend to attract the older expats and think the bars in Chiang Mai are sub standard, too expensive, done it all before and got bored of that too. 

Going back to the subject of western women, I really do understand why they feel the way they do and realise there is not much going for them in Chiang Mai. Pattaya is a predominantly male entertainment city, Bangkok is not really a good place for single people, it`s fast and furious and easy to get lost in a void there and most older western women are not going to be interested in girly bars. The situation will not change unless these women instead of feeling bitter and frustrated about the male attitudes towards them or concerning themselves with what the men do in their spare time, should take matters into their own hands and decide to help themselves.  It only needs one or two of them to take the initiative and arrange to meet among themselves. If they have difficulties in doing this, because I know that western women can get bitchy even among themselves, then they don`t have much hope of changing situations to their liking in Chiang Mai or anywhere else for that matter. 

What a load of old cobblers.

Old being the important thing here and I am not referring to chronological age.

Got me shaking my head with laughter...and only at you...nice one!

24 minutes ago, amykat said:

Cyberfarang, You have your head so far up your own A$$, it is probably still in the UK. 

Cyberfang does not have his head so far up his A$$ as he is impervious to detail.

Never heard of this person.

cyberfarang, I find is a fluid commentator who may have opinions that do not always necessarily align with my own perception.

Yet should his viewpoint be challenged it should be be done without ad hominem and personal atttack.

1 minute ago, stament said:

Current venue suggestions are

No.1 bar

Terrace bar,

Four Seasons

Red Lion

any further suggestions?  My thoughts are a kick off venue and then a second venue.

Stament, the words brewery and p*ss up spring to mind!

How about you simply say, Friday, a week today at bar x, job done.

3 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

A Wednesday??

Don't you realise a lot of us have jobs?? :biggrin:

So does that stop you going out for a few beers? I mean bars close at 12 and we all know CM is dead after that so it won't exactly be a late night.  Surely you can handle a few drinks on a school night once in a while?  ?

7 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Cyberfang does not have his head so far up his A$$ as he is impervious to detail.

Never heard of this person.

cyberfarang, I find is a fluid commentator who may have opinions that do not always necessarily align with my own perception.

Yet should his viewpoint be challenged it should be be done without ad hominem and personal atttack.

Synonyms:

egocentric, egoistic, egomaniacal, egotistic, egotistical, grandstanding, having a swelled head, independent, inward-looking, know-it-all, narcissistic, on an ego trip, self-absorbed, self-indulgent, self-interested, self-involved, self-seeking, self-serving, self-sufficient, selfish, stuck on oneself, wrapped up with oneself, pull my head out of my ass, pull his head out of his ass, pull her head out of her ass, pull our head out of our ass, pull their head out of their ass

3 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Stament, the words brewery and p*ss up spring to mind!

How about you simply say, Friday, a week today at bar x, job done.

Patience, good things come to those who wait. Happy to name the choice of venues but scared of the backlash so though it better to do a poll for the venue after we have a few suggestions.

Are you joining us CM on the night?

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

"Bangkok is not really a good place for single people"  That's seriously funny.:smile: "its fast and furious" :smile: "easy to get lost in a void"

What are you talking about ? I am truly interested having lived and worked there as a single person for many years

Edited by Sparkles

10 minutes ago, stament said:

Patience, good things come to those who wait. Happy to name the choice of venues but scared of the backlash so though it better to do a poll for the venue after we have a few suggestions.

Are you joining us CM on the night?

I'll be in the UK but I'll be there in spirit.

As far as backlash is concerned, nonsense, although you'll never please everyone 100%.

Edited by chiang mai

10 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

I'll be in the UK but I'll be there in spirit.

As far as backlash is concerned, nonsense, although you'll never please everyone 100%.

Oh darn it, I wanted to meet you.  You are one of the people who seems to know what they are talking about re finance, banking and money. I like that!

Seriously stament, just pick a night next week, Friday usually works because the people who don't have to work next day are also catered for.

Don't waste a lot of time with polls and consensus, just pick a place and do it. I still think the open air food/beer/music court (Chiang Plaza I think) off of Night Bazzar is a good choice - no need to reserve anything, good quality and not pricey food to cater to all tastes, plenty of beer to be had, live music and lots of room.

OK, so the idea of the Brunch Exclusivo at Favola Restaurant, Le Meridien Feb. 5 didn't fly. 

How about the Food Factory a.k.a. the Blue Food Court in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew mall?  Elvis performs on Thursday and Friday nights for sure (maybe other nights) around 6 pm but actually the band that backs him is better, which is good because Elvis can only manage a 20 minute set these days.  Most evenings there is a bored-looking Chang girl. 

The harsh blue lights of the place will really show us all off nicely.

It's Chiang Mai retirement living at its best.

I am waiting for my esteemed TV friend and great Contributor Mr Catton to arrive in town as the get together wouldn't be the same without him!

Maybe I want to deter some of the "workers" ?, besides it places will be less crowded midweek which will be better for us and the venue will also appreciate the business. Shame I won't get to meet you Chiang Mai, I enjoy a lot of your posts, both amusing and informative.

On one end we have The Four Seasons in the mountains of Mae Rim, on the other we have watching Elvis in the basement of a 1950's era shopping mall. Never let it be said that the TVF membership is not diverse!

Edited by chiang mai