PayPal - Access Denied

Long time PayPal user. Cannot access today via any browser/PC/Mobile, just get the following message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.paypal.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.dea55b3d.1485141113.498e2753   

No problem with my account that I am aware of. Anyone know if this is a Thailand issue, a glitch of some sort, or?

Thanks for checking. I just checked a moment ago and get the same thing. I hope you don't ming my asking: What ISP are you using? It is possible that there is an issue with my ISP or their server at the moment. I have never had this happen before and if it lasts much longer it is going to be a headache for me.

14 minutes ago, qualtrough said:

Thanks for checking. I just checked a moment ago and get the same thing. I hope you don't ming my asking: What ISP are you using? It is possible that there is an issue with my ISP or their server at the moment. I have never had this happen before and if it lasts much longer it is going to be a headache for me.

I had exactly the same problem in mid-2016 and despite numerous email-exchanges and phone calls with their completely useless and clownish European customer service Center in Luxembourg, I was not able to regain access to my account until I traveled to my home country for XMas recently and logged in from there without any problem.

They had always asked me to "verify your account" and create new passwords and I successfully did so several time, but each times I then tried to log in using my new credentials, I got the same message as you posted above again, telling me they could not verify if me is really me.

Paypal is such one giant load of rubbish and the customer service is entirely useless, I will now only use them when there are zero other options (but thankfully such scenerio has not happened since then).

GOOD LUCK, that's all I can say

Edited by siam2007

1 hour ago, siam2007 said:

I had exactly the same problem in mid-2016 and despite numerous email-exchanges and phone calls with their completely useless and clownish European customer service Center in Luxembourg, I was not able to regain access to my account until I traveled to my home country for XMas recently and logged in from there without any problem.

They had always asked me to "verify your account" and create new passwords and I successfully did so several time, but each times I then tried to log in using my new credentials, I got the same message as you posted above again, telling me they could not verify if me is really me.

Paypal is such one giant load of rubbish and the customer service is entirely useless, I will now only use them when there are zero other options (but thankfully such scenerio has not happened since then).

GOOD LUCK, that's all I can say

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. So far in 10 years mine has been good. I was able to use my PP debit card to withdraw money a moment ago so  its not an account issue. I just called my ISP (True) and they had a recorded message saying they were working on a service outage and hoped to resolve that by 2pm, so I suspect that is the problem, their server is being blocked by PayPal for whatever reason.  Knock on wood!

1 hour ago, siam2007 said:

Solved: Yesterday afternoon I called True to have them check on this. Their initial investigation couldn't find any problem, but they said they would put someone on figuring it out. In the evening I called PayPal when their office opened. Got through right away to two very helpful reps. They could not find any problem with my account and confirmed that PayPal was not blocking content from my ISP's server. This morning when I checked I can now once again access the PayPal site, so problem solved. Excellent service from both True and PayPal. The issue must have been related to something on the True side, just what I do not know.

Note. I later found that I could access and use the PayPal page by using the Hulu VPN extension in Chrome and setting it to USA.. Highly recommend Hulu BTW.

You shouldn't need Hulu, VPN, etc., to access the U.S. paypal.com page.   J

Just type in "www.paypal.com/us" and you should be taken to the U.S. Paypal/English language logon.   Works for me....no VPN required.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup unfortunately its a issue with True internet and their inability to properly configure their systems.

A quick solution is to fire up a VPN connection and access paypal through that.

Alternatively you can try True's own proxy which you can set in your browser proxy.trueinternet.co.th

Edited by aegdawson

• 4 months later...

Paypal has been giving me fits of late.  I am trying to purchase a couple of digital products... total value under 100 usd, and in spite of the fact my paypal in the usa is a verified account... I am refused the ability to log in.

I spent 4 hours on the phone with them in the usa and was told 4 different stories. One even told me to open a thailand paypal account and link the two... Though there was no linking mechanism given.  Upshot is I do not have a Thai bank account yet, though I  hope to do so when I come back from Singapore next month. Right now I am on to tight a time schedule before that trip. (Custody fight issues in Singapore.)

Once I have a Thai bank account, will that solve my problem?  I was only trying to make purchases for my online business.

Can I get money out of a Thai PP account if I do manage to do successful online marketing?

Thanks... I am a nubie to all of this...  [email protected]

Paypal has been giving me fits of late.  I am trying to purchase a couple of digital products... total value under 100 usd, and in spite of the fact my paypal in the usa is a verified account... I am refused the ability to log in.

I spent 4 hours on the phone with them in the usa and was told 4 different stories. One even told me to open a thailand paypal account and link the two... Though there was no linking mechanism given.  Upshot is I do not have a Thai bank account yet, though I  hope to do so when I come back from Singapore next month. Right now I am on to tight a time schedule before that trip. (Custody fight issues in Singapore.)

Once I have a Thai bank account, will that solve my problem?  I was only trying to make purchases for my online business.

Can I get money out of a Thai PP account if I do manage to do successful online marketing?

Thanks... I am a nubie to all of this...  [email protected]

You can actually open a Thai account and link a US bank account and cards