Third woman alleges attempted abduction by Pattaya cops

webfact

Third woman alleges attempted abduction by Pattaya cops

By  Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

201701230912033-20041019161308-696x464.j

A woman filed complaint on Monday she was nearly abducted by a group of police officers in Pattaya

PATTAYA — Police in the resort town of Pattaya on Monday confirmed a group of men who attempted to abduct a woman from a street during the weekend were members of the force.

The latest case in which policemen allegedly used a drug search as a pretense for rape and extortion, a 23-year-old bar worker’s allegations that two police officers attempted to abduct her was backed up by the city police chief, who has vowed to investigate.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/01/24/third-woman-alleges-attempted-abduction-pattaya-cops/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-01-24

Col. Apichai told reporters Monday night he learned all of the suspects were either police officers or volunteers with the Pattaya police force.

“For what happened, I, as the commander, would like to apologize to the public for the misunderstanding,” Col. Apichai Klobpetch said.

Thank you for the clarification that kidnapping and attempted rape are simply a misunderstanding. I suppose that means that it will be justified when the police involved get a reprimand and then sent back to work in Pattaya, after being told to be more careful next time.

32 minutes ago, Borzandy said:

Everyone knows the police officers are not paid enough.

But the perks are amazing; brown envelopes; any bar girl who takes your fancy; lots of white faces to be milked for mythical traffic offences; cuts from gold necklace snatchers; drug busts; counterfeit goods to be 'confiscated'; shop owners fined; bar owners 'protected'.

It's good to know the Government are eradicating corruption.

These things getting worse and worse, have any of you guys seen the police officer on bike riding up and down TAPPRAYA road from sugar hut and down to the entrance of the homes just before Continental cafe. He follows by a white thug on a bike and something must happen between the white bike guy and regular Thai bike on the way so the police stop them at the entrance of the homes and fine the Thai and park the bike on side and then the police and white thug goes on to next offer and on it goes. I sat at the Continental and watched them for 1 hour and during that time they managed to fine 5 guys. It was to far to take picture with my phone.

i saw 2 of the guys take motorbike taxi and came back with something and got their bikes back so they took off, the other 3 took care of business at the entrance and left. Have enjoyed Pattaya for 40 years but think this will be my last winter stay. From the police on the beach to all these other incidents all makes it more and more unpleasant.

2 hours ago, Borzandy said:

Everyone knows the police officers are not paid enough.

That is scary, gang rape a girl and then extort her for money. If that doesn't give Pattaya & Thailand a bad image in the world news then I don't know what would. Oh, wait I do know; nothing happening to the police or 'volunteers' would do the trick.

Instead of buying submarines how about increasing police officers pays and then announce that if any police officers are caught doing anything illegal they go to jail and lose everything (no more being sent to inactive posts) i.e.: job, benefits etc.

20 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

That is scary, gang rape a girl and then extort her for money. If that doesn't give Pattaya & Thailand a bad image in the world news then I don't know what would. Oh, wait I do know; nothing happening to the police or 'volunteers' would do the trick.

I often wonder if dreams are things that happened in the parallel worlds, where your double exist .

A dream of improving the police force only happen in the parallel world.

"“For what happened, I, as the commander, would like to apologize to the public for the misunderstanding,” Col. Apichai Klobpetch said."

The Col. is confirming that the Pattaya Police are out of control.

And he is the commander who is supposed to be in control?

Where is the Army/martial law when its needed?

8 hours ago, Michael8511 said:

These things getting worse and worse, have any of you guys seen the police officer on bike riding up and down TAPPRAYA road from sugar hut and down to the entrance of the homes just before Continental cafe. He follows by a white thug on a bike and something must happen between the white bike guy and regular Thai bike on the way so the police stop them at the entrance of the homes and fine the Thai and park the bike on side and then the police and white thug goes on to next offer and on it goes. I sat at the Continental and watched them for 1 hour and during that time they managed to fine 5 guys. It was to far to take picture with my phone.

i saw 2 of the guys take motorbike taxi and came back with something and got their bikes back so they took off, the other 3 took care of business at the entrance and left. Have enjoyed Pattaya for 40 years but think this will be my last winter stay. From the police on the beach to all these other incidents all makes it more and more unpleasant.

Sir, I agree with your sentiment. I was full of hope to set up my long term home and base in this country. For many years I tried to put up with the 'different culture'. Now I see it for what it is, a stinking pile of lies, bull5h1t, corruption and wrongdoing - I dont wear any rose tinted glasses. Yes I am leaving this country imminently ............