thai identity card for Farangs

I have been asked to obtain a Thai Identity card which is a new development for Farangs that live here for long periods of time.

Is there any benefit to me in any way to obtaining this card, and if so what is the benefit?

Is there any negative reasons in regard to obtaining the card.

I understand that by obtaining a Identity card my name will be added to the YELLOW CARD for my residence ?  I am thinking this would be a negative for the property owner whatdoyathink?

I just read the 2nd paragraph of the OP.

The yellow 'tabian ban' house registration for farang, always has a Thai name behind it, as far as I know.  It works ok for me, but not every time.   I've had some resistance from Thai bureaucrats and have had arguments with them - which I usually win, when they back down and see what's fair.

Thai bureaucracy is quite subjective.  Rules are made by higher-ups, but its often up to the bureaucrat sitting across from you, to administer them however he/she sees fit.  Often that's predicated on the person they're dealing with - their appearance, demeanor, whether they're with a respectable-looking Thai person.  I much prefer an objective fair-minded administering of rules, ....but I choose to reside in Thailand, so I have to try and go with the flow.

OP,

Who asked you to get the Pink ID Card?   Would be very surprised if anyone in the govt asked  you.

Maybe some friend/family member just mentioned the subject.   You also need to get  a Yellow Book before you can get the ID card....a Yellow Book comes with your name in it..  I know you mentioned Yellow "Card"...don't know if you meant Yellow Book or some other yellow document.

• Like 1

As others have said, the first step to getting a pink ID is getting a yellow book from local amhper. Each ampher has differing requirements. If you own a condo the yellow book is straight forward as you already have a blue book. If you are not the owner you need the person with the blue book to ok a yellow book.

lots of other threads on here about it.