1000 to 100 baht special offer

kannot

I always keep a  1000 baht note in the car in the ash tray, its for emergencies in case i run out at anytime, been taking my car to the car wash, same place  for 3  years <name removed please PM>, its  not cheap 400 baht but they do it better than other places. I dont go there often maybe every 6 weeks. I let my  guard down today as I normally remove it

Anyway todays nice  little  bit of pilfering was when I came  back to pick up the car the 1000 baht note had gone............instead it was replaced with 100 baht....of course nobody knew anything about it and i was "mistaken".yeah right 100 bahts  real useful in an emergency, not only that theyd  put it in the wrong way round...im pretty particular in how i arrange things

Lesson learnt, theyve lost the business now, not that theyll give a flying ferk as the staff change regularly  anyway, last weeks  scam was buying coconut  pieces, always charged 80 baht, new fat  bloke works there says 120 baht...........walked over the road  paid 60 baht..........

Edited by Crossy
Removed company name

Took my car into Honda for a service and as always took everything out, but the gf forgot to remove the amulets hanging behind the windscreen sun shade ( what are those things called ?), and a couple of days later noticed now only 4 instead of 5.
What can you do, our word against theirs .

But stuff like this, petty thieving, certainly p***es you off !! [emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

They are not all bad.   I kept 10 baht coins in the ashtray and 5 baht coins in the handle area of the door for the expressway.   I kept 1000 baht note in a another area for emergency.   They would leave about 1/2 the 10 baht coins, all the 5 baht coins and one instead of the 1000 baht note, there was a 500 baht note!   I try to clear everything out now.  

It ticked me off because I always left them a tip as well!!

30 minutes ago, mania said:

Watch for the popular one at the gas pump

You say 1000

They put 7-800 & keep the change

How can that happen? When I get petrol I get out of the car, walk round to the pump, check that the pump is at zero and only then do I tell them what I want. Then I watch the pump and the filler carefully until the process is completed. I check that the number of litres delivered corresponds (more or less) to the amount my tank holds. Then I pay and check my change.

Short of fixing the meter on the pump (which I'm sure will have happened here as some point) I really dont see how any scam could take place. So presumably it's only people who are daft enough to stay in their car and not watch what's going on who could be scammed in this way. Even if you dont want to get out of your car it isnt hard to park near the pump in a way that allows you to see the reading from the driver's seat. And you can watch the filler in the rear view mirror.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

How can that happen?

Duh that was the point of post...ie: "watch for popular one at the gas pump"......

Well of course what you say is true...get out of car watch like a hawk

...But in most countries & any service industry the customer does not usually need to exit vehicle or keep an eagle eye on the service person

who will be trying to rip them off

Much the same as the OP let his guard down for a moment & paid

2 hours ago, mania said:

Live & Learn eh?

You say 1000

They pull this on both Thai &  Foreigners so we are not alone :sleep:

i always  check the clock as they set and  finish , but yeah the pettiness and continual checking does piss you off.

Few  7-11s  also done the short change but Ive always picked it up and told them ....."surprised"  look , huh "how did that happen" etc...problem is the staff are so transient they move from job to job  just repeating this stealing.

Duh that was the point of post...ie: "watch for popular one at the gas pump"......
Well of course what you say is true...get out of car watch like a hawk

...But in most countries & any service industry the customer does not usually need to exit vehicle or keep an eagle eye on the service person

Much the same as the OP let his guard down for a moment & paid

True, you have to do the pumping all yourself in other countries.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

7 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Took my car into Honda for a service and as always took everything out, but the gf forgot to remove the amulets hanging behind the windscreen sun shade ( what are those things called ?), and a couple of days later noticed now only 4 instead of 5.
What can you do, our word against theirs .

But stuff like this, petty thieving, certainly p***es you off !! emoji35.pngemoji35.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

And your magical protection has dropped by 20% too.

I've removed the company name from the OP due to Thaivisa's Name-and-Shame policy, I'm sure our OP would be happy to respond by PM if anyone wants to know.

Please be careful in this type of thread, blanket descriptions are fine but direct pointing at an identifiable outlet could lead to problems for Thaivisa and our membership.

4 hours ago, mania said:

I cant remember the last time I saw anything other than a self-service petrol station in Europe, so anyone who doesnt get out and look at the pump is likely to be waiting a very long time there. But even in Europe I check every till receipt and all my change and the addition on bills. It's surprising how many errors one finds, though in Europe they do seem to mostly be real errors. Here errors (real and deliberate) seem to happen almost constantly given half a chance. The trick is never to give them the chance.

9 hours ago, mania said:

Live & Learn eh?

You say 1000

They pull this on both Thai &  Foreigners so we are not alone :sleep:

I had an instance at a petrol pump on Thepprasit, Pattaya where the meter read 50 litres which they tried to charge me for.

As my tank only had a 42 litre capacity I refused to pay and gave them the option to call the police.

They quickly agreed to charge 40 litres.

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

I've removed the company name from the OP due to Thaivisa's Name-and-Shame policy, I'm sure our OP would be happy to respond by PM if anyone wants to know.

Please be careful in this type of thread, blanket descriptions are fine but direct pointing at an identifiable outlet could lead to problems for Thaivisa and our membership.

Yeah figured you would but  i know the rules, as a  side  issue my local Policeman went and "had  a  word"  with them, they will give me  back 500 baht.............better than nowt I suppose but still an insult and Ive made sure they know that one of them is a thief.

in a Taxi with my missus, got pulled over by old bill and the driver bunged the copper 100bt at which point the copper took the money and the started to lecture the driver. When we pulled of my wife and the driver were wetting themselves laughing. Apparently the copper was annoyed that the Taxi driver had bunged him in front of a Farang "and thats why Farangs think all coppers are bent"

12 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I left a pair of Oakley sunglasses in the restauant area of a guesthouse overnight. They left a pair of fakes same model different color temples for me. Why bother must be a Thai thing quite considerate thieves.

Thats  funny, its  like me they thought I wouldnt notice how the 1000 became  100 but yours  shows  more  cunning

On 25/01/2017 at 1:15 PM, kannot said:

Yeah figured you would but  i know the rules, as a  side  issue my local Policeman went and "had  a  word"  with them, they will give me  back 500 baht.............better than nowt I suppose but still an insult and Ive made sure they know that one of them is a thief.

Agree with the sentiment here but I don't think I'd make an enemy over here for 1000 baht. I'd rather put it down to experience, never use the place again and make sure I cleared the car before it (and me, 555) were taken to the cleaners.

Probably you have bigger balls than me.