Logging In

grtaylor

Since yesterday, I find I have to login everytime I open TV, whereas before that when I opened the site I was logged in automatically.

Normally, I would assume this was something to do with my computer, but its happened on both computers I use (home and work).

Has something in the software changed? new login policy?

Thanks,

G

software has altered somewhat.

I suggest that you log in/OUT Log out, then log in again on the main login screen, where you can choose to "remember" you.

Fresh start.

SHould work.

Otherwise, I got a bottle of red here...

k.

Admin...FYI

I still have to go through Google..."Thailand Forum" to get on.

I cleaned and cleared private data (again) but when I hit my bookmark, I get a blank screen with "done" on the bottom.

Delete your bookmark, and save it again when you are on the forum page. See if that helps.

totster :o

Admin...FYI

I cleaned and cleared private data (again) but when I hit my bookmark, I get a blank screen with "done" on the bottom.

Delete your bookmark, and save it again when you are on the forum page. See if that helps.

Just did that Tot and Kayo...

Restarted FF and Windows...

Had to go through Google again....should I delete "cookies" set by this board?

Admin...FYI

Just did that Tot and Kayo...

Restarted FF and Windows...

Had to go through Google again....should I delete "cookies" set by this board?

Give it a go, it won't hurt to try.

totster :D

Admin...FYI

I just had to do that, and it now works fine!!!!!

Deleted cookies set by this board

Deleted thaivisa bookmark

Cleared private data (4 x's)

Cleared temp files from Internet Options

Restarted FF

Restarted Windows.....

Still have to open through Google.

The thaivisa.com link worked fine until last night.

I'll just keep going through Google because dumping my temp file daily is slowing down the rest of my access points too much, and hasn't brought back the link.

You think others have this problem but haven't gone through Google to let you know?

Restarted FF

Restarted Windows.....

I'll just keep going through Google because dumping my temp file daily is slowing down the rest of my access points too much, and hasn't brought back the link.

You think others have this problem but haven't gone through Google to let you know?

Can you copy the address that the bookmark is set to, and paste it here ?

Hmm . . . . just tried all of that. Still have to login everytime I open TV.

G

software has altered somewhat.

I suggest that you log in/OUT Log out, then log in again on the main login screen, where you can choose to "remember" you.

Fresh start.

SHould work.

Otherwise, I got a bottle of red here...

k.

Restarted FF

Restarted Windows.....

Can you copy the address that the bookmark is set to, and paste it here ?

http://www.thaivisa.com

Also, cannot access homepage (thaivisa.com) after signing out from the link at the top of the signout page

Edited by Buckwheat

Guys telling people to dump bookmarks etc is nonsense!!! Unless Thaivisa have changed their DNS entry they should all still work, whoever hosts this has screwed up big time, cookies are not being set at login I've checked, the script is falling to pieces, even some links from google searches do not work!!!! You're not gonna say Google is at fault are you surely.

It makes it very hard work to participate when evry 2 minutes you have to login angain and then navigate back to where you were, the system should remember where you were but it doesn't! It's all very weak. I wish I knew enough php to help but I don't.

Hope you get this sorted out soon though

Also, cannot access homepage (thaivisa.com) after signing out from the link at the top of the signout page

I was having the same problem, directly connecting to TV would not auto-login but clicking on a subscribed topic in my email it would. Even after clearing everything. This was two days ago but yesterday it started working correctly. I suspect it is due to secondary (ISP) caching the TV data and may need to wait a day or two for their cache to expire.

Use http://forum.thaivisa.com/ and see if that works. If still a blank screen hit CTRL F5 and see if that helps.

Also the cookie structure for TV has changed and if they are not cleared from before the upgrade it may cause problems. Since there are only a few affected, I doubt if it is the TV server or code that is the problem but my previous explanation above that is causing it.

Edited by tywais

I was having the same problem, directly connecting to TV would not auto-login but clicking on a subscribed topic in my email it would. Even after clearing everything. This was two days ago but yesterday it started working correctly. I suspect it is due to secondary (ISP) caching the TV data and may need to wait a day or two for their cache to expire.

Use http://forum.thaivisa.com/ and see if that works. If still a blank screen hit CTRL F5 and see if that helps.

Also the cookie structure for TV has changed and if they are not cleared from before the upgrade it may cause problems. Since there are only a few affected, I doubt if it is the TV server or code that is the problem but my previous explanation above that is causing it.

Thanks Tywais,

Getting here is no problem as long as I go through google.

I did as you suggested and still get a blank page with http://www.thaivisa.com

I'll keep going through google until it's sorted out.

I just wanted you to know in case you noticed that you might be losing website hits.

Thanks again

I think this logging in problem is cookie-related.

I've tried logging out, logging in without "remember me" checked, logging out again, and then logging in again and checking "remember me". Still the same problem next time I open TV - doesn't login me in automatically.

When I look at the cookies on my computer, the TV cookie is dated 23 Nov 2006. It seems a new cookie is not being created, when I re-enable "remember me".

G

I think this logging in problem is cookie-related.

I've tried logging out, logging in without "remember me" checked, logging out again, and then logging in again and checking "remember me". Still the same problem next time I open TV - doesn't login me in automatically.

When I look at the cookies on my computer, the TV cookie is dated 23 Nov 2006. It seems a new cookie is not being created, when I re-enable "remember me".

Same here. As an experiment I deleted all of my cookies, closed and re-opened my browser, logged in to ThaiVisa (checking "Remember Me"), closed and re-opened my browser, browsed ThaiVisa. I was automatically logged in, so this little experiment appeared to work.

Guys,

RE: Cookie created in november....etc...

The file might be created then, but is it being modified (right click on the coloums in the cookie folder and select "view date modified")?

Maybe your cookies are NOT being modified and then you will remain with old settings. In which case, go to Start\controlpanel\internetOption\ find your cookie settings, and the following window should appear... Check that your cookies are being updated.

cookiescreencz4.jpg

:o This is driving me mad!!!

I have just tried to reply to two different threads, and on both occasions it said I couldn't as I wasn't logged in. I had to login again each time to submit!

Surely someone must know how to fix this . . . . .

G

Edited by grtaylor

I have just tried to reply to two different threads, and on both occasions it said I couldn't as I wasn't logged in. I had to login again each time to submit!

G

Can you use a different browser and see if the problem is still present ?

This is from a different browser. It worked OK this time . . .

G

G

Can you use a different browser and see if the problem is still present ?

i have the same problem , having to login continually and sporadic problems with posting.

i dont want to change my browser , so what else can i do to solve this.

is there a glitch with your new software ?

i've emptied the cache , deleted temp files and cookies.....all of them , re booted , logged on and tried all combinations of the above but still no joy.