Video: Hunt on for Pajero driver who fled accident scene in Korat

webfact

Video: Hunt on for Pajero driver who fled accident scene in Korat

2p.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

KORAT: -- A hunt is being conducted for the driver of a white Pajero who fled the scene of an accident in Korat where 4 people were seriously injured.

The CCTV footage has now been posted online and shows the Pajero side swiping a pick-up that then flips several times before colliding head on with a car coming in the opposite direction, reports Thai News Agency.

The driver and his female passenger briefly get out of the Pajero but soon take advantage of the confusion at the scene to disappear.

Two daughters of the pick-up driver were thrown out of the vehicle.

One has a broken leg. The driver of the oncoming car has a broken neck.

The accident happened on the Ratchasima - Pak Thong Chai Road in Chaimongkhol sub-district on December 31st but the CCTV  footage has just been made public in an effort to catch the driver who caused the accident.

He is believed to be a man aged about 25 - 30. Police said that the footage is not clear enough to show the license plate though they think the vehicle comes from an eastern province. They are in the process of contacting Mitsubishi dealerships in an effort to locate the driver.

He will face three charges: negligent driving causing injury, negligent driving causing damage and fleeing the scene of an accident.

Yesterday the driver of the pick-up whose daughters were seriously injured was on TV making a heartfelt plea to the public. Thongchai Bunmeebut, 39 said: "Nobody wants accidents to happen. But when they do people must take responsibility. People have been seriously hurt and their medical bills are running into hundreds of thousands of baht.

"If people know this person or have footage from dash cams of where the vehicle went or evidence of its license plate we ask them to contact the police".

Anyone with information can contact the police on 087 454 6033.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-27

10 minutes ago, CelticBhoy said:

Not a great advert for the Pajero's ABS  . . . :sad:

Not too sure you could blame the Pajero's ABS for this one. It would be interesting to see the 10 seconds leading up to the start of the video clip but it doesn't look like the Pajero driver is trying to brake hard and his braking system failed him. Looks more like he was either accelerating fast out of the hard shoulder or else he had previously swerved to avoid something and we are seeing the consequences and snowball effect of that initial swerve.

Possibly not a great advert for the Pajero's handling... but we don't know condition the tyres were in. I'd be inclined to blame the workman rather than his tools on this one...

Another point on this video - notice the way the clip has been edited around the time that we see the girl in red get back into the vehicle? All we get is a blurry glimpse of the driver that the "hunt" is on for... Get your head around the reason for this and you're on your way to understanding the way the system works here...

47 minutes ago, jimmybkk said:

Another point on this video - notice the way the clip has been edited around the time that we see the girl in red get back into the vehicle? All we get is a blurry glimpse of the driver that the "hunt" is on for... Get your head around the reason for this and you're on your way to understanding the way the system works here...

Is the driver wearing a uniform?

It seems this is a national pastime here in Thailand "Hit another car Get out take a look and then drive away". This shows the mentality of Thais

They only care about themselves not the other person 

Catch them and throw them in jail 

Edited by realenglish1

53 minutes ago, jimmybkk said:

Yes, I noticed that. Surely that was the best evidence.

And then the guff about the police going round Mitsubishi dealers to identify a white Pajero!! It almost seems as if the police are not really interested in catching him.

Another piece of evidence is that the Pajero will have been damaged in the accident, front and right side. Also tracking/steering may be out. Evidence of repairs from a garage may assist.

7 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Yes, I noticed that. Surely that was the best evidence.

And then the guff about the police going round Mitsubishi dealers to identify a white Pajero!! It almost seems as if the police are not really interested in catching him.

Another piece of evidence is that the Pajero will have been damaged in the accident, front and right side. Also tracking/steering may be out. Evidence of repairs from a garage may assist.

"Yes, I noticed that. Surely that was the best evidence."

And do you think that footage was not recorded for some reason or has simply disappeared...?

2 minutes ago, jimmybkk said:

"Yes, I noticed that. Surely that was the best evidence."

And do you think that footage was not recorded for some reason or has simply disappeared...?

Police ==> TV appeal. More than one decision maker here.

Perhaps it was withheld to assist in the investigation!!! Or maybe not.

door she I watgched the video 2/3 times, I saw the lady in red getting back into the Pajero ( back seat, )but also  someone else getting back into the pajero drivers side again back  ( I believe femaile)  she seemed to be wearing something akin to some sort of uniform, what I could not ascertain .

Now we have two people getting back into the Pajero and there was a dark coloured  vehicle which was stopped behind the Pajero, something not quite right here.

Edited by Khun Paul

Two daughters of the pick-up driver were thrown out of the vehicle.

Why were people being transported on the bed of the pick-up?!?! They should be in the CAB where it's generally SAFER! I'll never understand why this is still, in this day and age, tolerated. 

I hope all injured parties make a full recovery.

As for the Mitsubishi driver, he's obviously in the wrong, hunt him down and charge him. 

Edited by djayz

A lot of speculation here. What is questionable remains that this breaks news now only, some solid 3 ½ weeks after the incident.
The Pajero driver is a pig by character and has had his car fixed meanwhile; question remains why it took that long to go public with such absolutely unacceptable behaviour. 

Having an accident is one thing, leaving the scene (specially after having rechecked how the scene looks like) would be manslaughter in many more civilized countries where law enforcement has reached the 21st century. Whoever kept the footage locked should be tried as well. Pathetic! 

A lot of speculation here. What is questionable remains that this breaks news now only, some solid 3 ½ weeks after the incident.
The Pajero driver is a pig by character and has had his car fixed meanwhile; question remains why it took that long to go public with such absolutely unacceptable behaviour. 

Having an accident is one thing, leaving the scene (specially after having rechecked how the scene looks like) would be manslaughter in many more civilized countries where law enforcement has reached the 21st century. Whoever kept the footage locked should be tried as well. Pathetic! 

Probably took him 3 weeks to raise the cash before Thailands finest would investigate!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

And drives off almost causing another accident without a care in the world !!

I would say the way they were driving and the way they just drove off that they were either high on drugs or had been drinking !!

When the car is stopped and they get out I can almost make out the number plate . Are you telling me the police don't have the means to clear up a photo off it enough to read the number ??:shock1:

3 hours ago, Borzandy said:

I do not think so, I think the Pajero's driver has voluntarily targeted the pickup...

I got the same impression. At the beginning of the clip,  it doesn't look like it was an accidental "swipe" as the OP would have us believe. Looks more like the Pajero steered purposefully into the pickup. Road rage? Who knows. Had the pickup inadvertently done something to enrage the Pajero driver at some point before the accident? If so, surely the pickup driver would have mentioned it. In any case, doesn't look like an accidental swipe to me. 

52 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

It took over 3 weeks for the news to break as the connected driver has now had plenty time to have his Pajero repaired, methinks.

4 hours ago, jimmybkk said:

The driver wasn't edited out and he's no more blurred than the woman , what's your point?