Video: Hunt on for Pajero driver who fled accident scene in Korat

webfact

10 minutes ago, Belzybob said:

Mitsubishi's new ad for the Pajero should have the byline "idiot proof, but not Thai proof"

Pajero in Spanish describes the driver well. From Collins dictionary...

pajero

, a  
a       sm/f  
1    ***, en sentido sexual   tosser ***  , <deleted> ***  
2      (CAm)  
*   (=mentiroso)   liar
3      (CAm)   (=fontanero)   plumber
b       adj     (CAm)  
*   (=mentiroso)   fibbing *  

3 hours ago, jimmybkk said:

"Yes, I noticed that. Surely that was the best evidence."

And do you think that footage was not recorded for some reason or has simply disappeared...?

The post says the accident occurred on Dec 31st.. today is 27th January
surely if the police wanted to catch the driver they would have released the video earlier?
By now the damage could easily have been repaired.

What's really weird here is that about 28 seconds into the video you can see the women passenger returning to the white 4 wheel drive as is the driver who was in actual fact talking to the cops up to 35 seconds, maybe he was an of duty cop or someone of stature, why else would he hang around ?

2 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

There's got to be a white Pajero with quite a lot of damage and a woman hiding somewhere. They'll find her, they usually always do.

They might try and blame it on that lady school teacher that just got out of prison doing 18 months, who was put in jail wrongly accused of another accident, go figure....

Appears to me as if the pajero gave a deliberate shunt to the other vehicle causing it to roll out in to the path of the oncoming car. Maybe it was a 'face' thing again where the other truck overtook the pajero, they didn't like it (loss of face by being overtaken by a cheaper car) so they snuck up on the inside and shunted him over. If this was the car, nothing new there, it happens too many time a day everywhere in thailand.

the other thing is that, imo, the pajero passenger and driver are both females, albeit the driver looks like a male version but it's pretty clear to me that it's definitely a woman (tom).

i hope that they catch the pajero driver and that the injured children and the other innocent driver with the broken neck make a speedy and full recovery.

after said and done though, even if they catch the pajero driver, what'll happen to them? More than likely a 500 baht public fine, a few more baht paid under the table and a slap on the wrist telling them it to do it again.

5 hours ago, katana said:

Some clearer footage of the driver in this news clip @ 1.50.

Took off as soon as the police turned up. I thought before they were drunk or something but looking at this clip at the start it looks like the car goes out off control like it has hit oil or something. Maybe the low profile tyres on the pajero were bald or like slicks .

6 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Home I was driven up the M4, M25, M40 today not 1 idiot driver did I see and why is that I ask?

Because you were being driven by a safe driver in Mother England, the bosom of safe drivers, and rules that are usually enforced.. 

17 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Having an accident is one thing, leaving the scene (specially after having rechecked how the scene looks like) would be manslaughter in many more civilized countries where law enforcement has reached the 21st century. 

MAnslaughter is when someone dies, no one died here.

The authorities are actually searching for a hit and run driver? This is the first time I have ever heard of such a thing. As far as I know, there is no penalty here for hit and run. If they were serious about addressing this issue, a major penalty would be put on the books, and used by the courts. They would throw the book at these creeps. A good place to start would be to confiscate the vehicle for a year, and make them pay for storage. In addition to the loss of their license for three years. There are countless cowards here, who flee the scene of an accident, or a crime, or an injury. Countless. Some of it has to do with the extremely cowardly act of "face". Some of it has to do with a general lack of emotional development, especially amongst men. Do not take responsibility. Do not look within for the source of the problem. Do not man up. Do not do the right thing. Just run baby run. 

Now that I have watched the video, it does look like either road rage, or sheer murderous insanity. There was no oncoming vehicle he was trying to avoid. He just appears to be attempting to slam into this vehicle. He needs to be locked up for a minimum of 20 years in a serious prison where the inmates can treat him to some very warm hospitality. Once they hear he was responsible for injuring the kids and adults in the back, he will make alot of new friends. This was a premeditated, cold, vicious act with murderous intent. He must be held accountable. Of course, if he is someone of money, or someone with connections, influence, or family name, that will not happen. It rarely does. 

Edited by spidermike007

2 hours ago, desktop said:

MAnslaughter is when someone dies, no one died here.

Well, that makes all the difference in attitude then?

I stand corrected; attempted manslaughter - they could not know if any of the wounded would survive. What difference does it make; a d"*ç%"ç%head and his passengers should all be locked up and the keys to be thrown away - for good! 

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, that makes all the difference in attitude then?

I stand corrected; attempted manslaughter - they could not know if any of the wounded would survive. What difference does it make; a d"*ç%"ç%head and his passengers should all be locked up and the keys to be thrown away - for good! 

Attempted manslaughter? That's brilliant. LOL

Something not right here, the video footage is clear enough for the police to identify parts of the licens plates, then they are at the location before the Pajero flees. Police would have identified the car owner on the day.

On 27/01/2017 at 7:00 PM, gdgbb said:

The driver wasn't edited out and he's no more blurred than the woman , what's your point? 

I never said the driver was edited out, and apparently "he" is blurred enough for you to think that she is a he...

2 minutes ago, jimmybkk said:

I never said the driver was edited out, and apparently "he" is blurred enough for you to think that she is a he...

The driver was a man, the passenger was a woman, at no time did I suggest otherwise.

Sickening how fast the pick-up on the other side of the highway that gets hit comes to a halt... Wishing a speedy recovery to all those who were injured.

With the cops already on the scene there is no way that the Pajero driver should've been allowed to simply drive away from the scene of the accident. Where was the guy with the can of spray paint...? It wasn't so long ago that if you were involved in an accident you had to leave all vehicles exactly where they ended up until all the police and insurance people had arrived and checked things out, even if the accident happened in the middle of Silom during rush hour and was causing 10-mile long tailbacks. Then I believe the rules changed and for minor incidents at least it became acceptable to move the vehicles to the side of the road. No way could this be considered a minor incident and no way that the vehicle that caused it, which would be showing obvious signs of damage, should be allowed to make a prompt exit... unless they have connections of course.