UK visitors visa - Trip to Trendy advice

I am sure this has been covered but I can't find it. For a spouse to visit the UK with her UK husband do they need copies of every page of her passport and mine or just the stamps and photo pages. I assume my visa stamps show I was genuinely with her and also do they have to be colour or will black & white suffice . I have read conflicting answers to this. Also, if giving photographs as proof of relationship can these be black & white copies too. Do they actually take all the photos and documents and then return them with her passport ? Thank you, it all gets a little confusing. Any other tips or help would be greatly appreciated before we book our appointment at Trendy.

They don't want copies of anyone's passport..

They will not accept photographs with the application. (you don't even need to supply a passport size photo.

Anything you supply by way of 'visa stamps' is solely to support the3 key criteria ie genuineness of relationship/reason to visit, financial adequacy plus reasons to return

My wife has had 3 visit visas and we included copies of my passport photo page and visa pages only.  No copies of her passport as they have the original.  All copies submitted were in colour.  They now specifically say not to enclose photographs so that point is moot.  The 1st 2 applications we did predated that advice and the photo's submitted were returned

3 hours ago, Upnotover said:

My wife has had 3 visit visas and we included copies of my passport photo page and visa pages only.  No copies of her passport as they have the original.  All copies submitted were in colour.  They now specifically say not to enclose photographs so that point is moot.  The 1st 2 applications we did predated that advice and the photo's submitted were returned

My first submissions was 30 pages of which 15 were photographs. :smile:

Not now  - my last one comprised 5 pages.

The only benefit of visa stamps (because these applications are nothing to do with the Farang) is to support the genuineness of the relationship - unnecessary if you have other facts available. Your biometric details can be picked from the system so the bio page is also unnecessary.

As said, they do not need a copy of her passport as they have the original.

A copy of your passport is useful for one of two reasons.

1. If you live with her in Thailand then it will show your immigration status there and strengthen her reason to return.
  2. If you live apart then it will show how often you have visited her and so be evidence of your relationship.

Section 4 of the guide to supporting documents says that photographs should not be supplied unless specifically requested.

You may find the pinned topic UK visit visa basics  and the UKVI guidance helpful.