Scrambler / tracker kind of bikes?

Gulfsailor

I love our good old Honda Wave, but it's starting to show its years (around 15), and since the access dirt road to our house is an utter mess, I'm faced with a flat tire at least once a week. So time to upgrade to something more suited. I'm looking around but am not really aware what's available on the Thai market or what we can expect soon. 

The bike will be used by both my short gf and tall myself (whoever was dealt the short straw and won't have the car that day), so it should not be too big and heavy. Seat height should preferably not be over 30", or a little more if the seat is narrow. A long seat is required so I can sit further back and my gf further front. It should also have a place for a pillion rider. Most importantly it should stand up to the gullies, holes and rocks which make up our road. So? What's out there?

I like the look of the stallions tracker, and price is decent, but am a bit worried about its of road capabilities, and the fact it's basically Chinese. I also just became aware of the Suzuki Vanvan 200, which looks very interesting, although a bit pricy. But for both goes that we don't have a brand dealer nearby, so Somchai on the corner should be able to fix the stuff which is likely to break. Do Honda, Yamaha or any other big brands do similar bikes (150-250cc tracker type with manual or clutch-less manual transmission)?

thanks!

4 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Kawasaki KLX 150 79,000 Baht.

Ignore the idiot above who trolls everything in sight/on site.

I beg your pardon, Caling me a troll by offering a scrambler bike to a scrambler question and you suggest a <deleted> dirt bike ?

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Would you like a boxes of tissues ?

You troll every thread with stupid one-liners.

Bearing in mnd, the OP is replacing a Honda Wave and he thinks a Van Van 200 (129,000 Baht) is pricey, then your suggestion is clearly trolling. It fits a pattern of trolling every thread.

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You troll every thread with stupid one-liners.

Bearing in mnd, the OP is replacing a Honda Wave and he thinks a Van Van 200 (129,000 Baht) is pricey, then your suggestion is clearly trolling. It fits a pattern of trolling every thread.

Stop ya crying ya little prissy bitch.

25 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Kawasaki KLX 150 79,000 Baht.

Ignore the idiot above who trolls everything in sight/on site.

I was looking at this type of bike but they are all way to high for my gf. She wouldn't even be able to climb on it, let alone put a foot on the ground when standing still.

I need a compromise of the abilities and price of the KLX150 and looks and height of the  sixty2. So far still leaning to the Vanvan 200. The old 125 version looks ugly and according to reviews is way underpowered. Our old Wave 125 is much lighter and already struggling to get up the hill to our house with two on it. 

I would visit a Stallions motorcycle dealer, they have some nice looking 150, 250 and 400cc scrambler style motorcycles, that not break the bank. If the looks of the motorcycle is not a hot issue I would recommend the Lifan LF200GY-5 (Cross 200) which is an road legal enduro machine which cost only 47,000 THB new.

28 minutes ago, Richard-BKK said:

I would visit a Stallions motorcycle dealer, they have some nice looking 150, 250 and 400cc scrambler style motorcycles, that not break the bank. If the looks of the motorcycle is not a hot issue I would recommend the Lifan LF200GY-5 (Cross 200) which is an road legal enduro machine which cost only 47,000 THB new.

Unfortunately here on Samui there is no dedicated Stallions dealer. The local general dealer that sells them doesn't have any to show. Ive been there twice to ask and left my number to call when they had one to show / test. That was 4 months ago... oh, and I sent emails, Line and Facebook messages and even called Stallions (all in Thai) to find out the seat height for the Centaur tracker. No one could answer that simple question. So I'm kinda completely turned off by the whole Stallions outfit. 

Cross / trail bikes like the Lifan are just not an option for my short girlfriend. And a tiny teen bike wouldn't suit me. That's why I'm looking at a model like a tracker or scrambler that has a long buddy seat, so I can sit further back. 

Maybe we'll just end up with a new Wave125 and I'll have some fatter stubby tires fitted. At least experience tells me it won't break with the abuse it's getting. 

The seat height of the Stallions Scrambler 400 is 780mm. The problem with Stallions Motorcycles at the moment is that they sell motorcycles like pancakes, they cannot make enough and waiting lists at dealers become something as a problem... Also they not have a clear distribution channel as some of the other brands.

You can also look for a GPX Legend 200, and change the tires to a more scrambler / off-road type.http://www.gpxthailand.com/GPX-Legend-200

The Yamaha M SLAZ might suit your needs. It's a tracker style.

I just bought the Yamaha Exciter and it was a toss up between the 2. I should have bought the M SLAZ instead.

yellow M SLAZ.jpg

Edited by drift
spelling