Immigration in Phetchabun

JaiLai

A couple of posts here that should help. Courtesy of member joebrown

I notice the 1st one has a telephone number 056729730, wouldn't hurt to try that if you have any doubts.

Phetchabun Immigration office is now open for 90 day reports. They cannot process anything else yet. I'm told they will probably be able to offer a full service in November. The Phetchabun Immigration office telephone number is 056729730. The office is located behind the new government building on highway 21, for those of you with GPS here are the coordinates in decimal Lat/Lon format.
N16.44010
E101.15549

The Immigration office is off Highway 21 on the left, coming south from Lom Sak into Phetchabun. The Government building is about 500 metres past the 'Big Buddha' traffic lights, and stands about 200 metres back from the dual carriageway, down a driveway. The Immigration Office isn't located in the main building, but there is a sign directing you to it. If travelling out of Phetchabun town northwards to Lom Sak, you can U-turn just past the building's entrance, or failing this U-turn at the Buddha traffic lights. If you have any knowledge of the area you will be aware that most of he municipal buildings, schools, hospital are situated north of town. The Immigration office is no more than 1.5km north from the Government hospital on highway 21, albeit on the other side of the dual carriageway.

Hope this is helpful. 

A couple of posts here that should help. Courtesy of member joebrown
I notice the 1st one has a telephone number 056729730, wouldn't hurt to try that if you have any doubts.

Phetchabun Immigration office is now open for 90 day reports. They cannot process anything else yet. I'm told they will probably be able to offer a full service in November. The Phetchabun Immigration office telephone number is 056729730. The office is located behind the new government building on highway 21, for those of you with GPS here are the coordinates in decimal Lat/Lon format.
N16.44010
E101.15549

The Immigration office is off Highway 21 on the left, coming south from Lom Sak into Phetchabun. The Government building is about 500 metres past the 'Big Buddha' traffic lights, and stands about 200 metres back from the dual carriageway, down a driveway. The Immigration Office isn't located in the main building, but there is a sign directing you to it. If travelling out of Phetchabun town northwards to Lom Sak, you can U-turn just past the building's entrance, or failing this U-turn at the Buddha traffic lights. If you have any knowledge of the area you will be aware that most of he municipal buildings, schools, hospital are situated north of town. The Immigration office is no more than 1.5km north from the Government hospital on highway 21, albeit on the other side of the dual carriageway.

Hope this is helpful. 

Thanks for that, any idea if they can do 'proof of residency' forms required for car and bike license?

The office is open and fully functioning now. Location as Ron 19 describes. very easy to find and loads of parking.

Did my retirement extension there yesterday(90 day a month earlier), a few punters in front of me but in and out in about an hour.

Couple of observations:

1. very little English is spoken in the office-staff very friendly but good to have a Thai speaker if you are linguistically challenged

2. they are a tad slow, seem to be learning ropes on the job, the office has 8 officers to cover the province, 2 or 3 seemed engaged with farang clients while I was there

3. was asked to draw a map of where I live(never asked at Phitsanulok)

4. no strange requests and not asked to complete "that personal details form" everyone has been moaning about.

5. they have a queue system and you take a card on entry from table near door

Overall decent enough experience and I am sure service will get better as officers get their heads round everything.

I live 10km away so a real bonus now on travelling time, 15 mins v 3 hours!

Edited by thetefldon

8 hours ago, thetefldon said:

The office is open and fully functioning now. Location as Ron 19 describes. very easy to find and loads of parking.

Did my retirement extension there yesterday(90 day a month earlier), a few punters in front of me but in and out in about an hour.

Couple of observations:

1. very little English is spoken in the office-staff very friendly but good to have a Thai speaker if you are linguistically challenged

2. they are a tad slow, seem to be learning ropes on the job, the office has 8 officers to cover the province, 2 or 3 seemed engaged with farang clients while I was there

3. was asked to draw a map of where I live(never asked at Phitsanulok)

4. no strange requests and not asked to complete "that personal details form" everyone has been moaning about.

5. they have a queue system and you take a card on entry from table near door

Overall decent enough experience and I am sure service will get better as officers get their heads round everything.

I live 10km away so a real bonus now on travelling time, 15 mins v 3 hours!

Thanks for the feedback.

They cannot do proof or residency, still have to go to Amphur for that.

They can only do extensions.

I don't understand why you need proof of residency when address is on driving license which proof of residency is required for...

• 1 month later...