Trump bars door to refugees, visitors from seven nations

rooster59

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

For me, just being a "refugee" alone ought NOT be a ticket of entry to the U.S.

It isn't. They are heavily vetted over a two year period. Only a miniscule number are even *considered* for vetting and an even smaller number given permission to enter, and even among these, most are women and children.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

It isn't. They are heavily vetted over a two year period. Only a miniscule number are even *considered* for vetting and an even smaller number given permission to enter, and even among these, most are women and children.

There are different populations of non-Americans under discussion here... Regular immigrants from foreign countries, and then designated refugees from various countries. I believe both groups are encompassed by Trump's new travel restrictions.

Some of those who have committed mass casualty attacks in the U.S. in recent years came to the U.S. under refugee status. Others came via various regular immigrant means. In either instance, the U.S.'s system of checks obviously failed to prevent those folks from being admitted to the U.S.

Read the account of this guy's history before becoming a domestic Islamic-inspired terrorist in the U.S. and ask yourself, how was the U.S. going to anticipate that this guy was going to go down the path he did. But he did go that way, and Americans suffered because we (the country) let him in on refugee status.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Ohio_State_University_attack#Life_in_the_United_States

This guy also came to the U.S. as a youngster with his family, and look what he grew up to become....  Great way to say "thanks" to the U.S. for giving him and his family a safe home away from the insanity of other parts of the world.

Abdul Razak Ali Artan (1998 – November 28, 2016) was a Muslim Somali refugee and legal permanent resident of the United States who had been a logistics management major in the Max M. Fisher College of Business at the time of the attack.[38][39][40][41] Though OSU said Artan was 18, investigators said official records conflicted on his actual age, and believed he may be older.[42]

Artan was the third-eldest of seven children. He alleged that he was born in a refugee camp after his family fled Somalia.[7] However, a senior U.S. government official said that Artan left Somalia with the rest of his family in 2007, and that they spent seven years in a refugee camp in Pakistan, settling in Islamabad on a road known as "Somali Street".[43][44] He moved to the U.S. on a refugee visa with his mother and six siblings in 2014.[2][4][45]

American crazies, we're stuck with. But we don't have to voluntarily import Islamic crazies from abroad.

Yes, they're not all crazies. But when was the last time you read about an Italian or German or English or Japanese etc. immigrant to the U.S. picking up a knife or gun and shooting or stabbing dozens of people in the U.S.  That seems, unfortunately, to have become the main domain of Islamic crazies.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:
1 hour ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

trumpxx.jpg

So trump should copy what happened to the Jewish refugees from Hitler? Are you freakin' tripping?!? That's your justification? I think I will go vomit now. 

Odd that you should pick one example of the ban from WWII, but not from Carter's administration or Obama's. It is too clear to everyone why you chose that example - talk about tripping! biggrin.gif

And to help you with your desire to vomit, here are a few poll results for you to ponder :

Poll: Do you support President Trump's travel ban

More than HALF of Americans support Trump's controversial border controls

Rasmussen Poll: Most Support Travel Ban

But here's a crumb of comfort for you: most pollsters thought Hillary would become President, so maybe these are wrong too. cheesy.gif

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:
1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

Totally irrelevant.

Keep trying.

It's actually not especially considering the agenda that 45 has taken up which appeals so much to white supremacists, KKK, Nazis, alt-right, etc. His father would be very proud of much more than him being president.

I guess more than half of Americans must fall into those categories then:  Rasmussen: 57 Percent Support a Temporary Ban

Has it ever occurred to you that you may have been brainwashed by the left dominated media, academia and Hollywood?

Interesting news out of Austria today, in terms of how western countries deal with Muslim immigrants and refugees:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/31/europe/austria-face-veil-ban/

Apart from moving to ban the public wearing of Islamic veils, the government there is also moving to require completion of language and social integration classes for asylum-seekers and some migrants:

The government will also try to force asylum-seekers and some migrants to sign an "integration contract and a declaration of values" and agree to "strict sanctions" if the contract is violated. It will seek to reinforce border controls, increase police presence and tighten asylum procedures.

And separately:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/760959/austria-full-face-veil-islamic-migrants-integration-contract-christian-kerr-public-spaces

A new 35-page document added migrants living in Austria will have to agree to an “integration contract” and a “statement of values”.

Migrants entering Austria will have to attend classes for 12 months, where they will then have to pass German language test. Migrants will also have to undertake a separate test to deem whether they have assimilated with Austrian values, according to Austrian government documents.

The ‘integration law’ also includes mandatory attendance of German value courses for all refugees and migrants arriving in Austria. Those who refuse to attend the courses, would be ‘fined’ by having their social benefits cut, the draft proposal says.

I don't think something similar would be a bad idea for the U.S.  But instead of cutting social benefits for those who refuse to attend the courses (which to me is a peculiarly European sanction), my version would say fine... Don't want to attend and complete the classes?  Then you're deported back to the country you came from. Enjoy the trip and your return to your prior homeland!

The regime blatantly lies about the NUMBERS of people impacted by his amateur hour Muslim ban. Not only nasty, not only violating the constitution,  not only liars, but clumsy and incompetent as well. 

Four Pinocchios. The YUGE-est lie level. 45 gets that a lot. I guess get used to it. 

The number of people affected by Trump’s travel ban: About 90,000 — not 109

President Trump likes to cite a very small figure to minimize the impact of his travel ban. But that's highly misleading, and he earns four Pinocchios.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/01/30/the-number-of-people-affected-by-trumps-travel-ban-about-90000/

Edited by Jingthing

Precedent in US History

Le « St. Louis » à son retour en Belgique.

Voyage of the St. Louis

"On May 13, 1939, the German transatlantic liner St. Louis sailed from Hamburg, Germany, for Havana, Cuba. On the voyage were 937 passengers. Almost all were Jews fleeing from the Third Reich. Most were German citizens, some were from eastern Europe, and a few were officially "stateless." The majority of the Jewish passengers had applied for US visas, and had planned to stay in Cuba only until they could enter the United States. But....Roosevelt was not alone in his reluctance to challenge the mood of the nation on the immigration issue. "

https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005267

https://twitter.com/Stl_Manifest

Edited by Opl

3 minutes ago, Opl said:

Precedent in US History

Le « St. Louis » à son retour en Belgique.

Voyage of the St. Louis

"On May 13, 1939, the German transatlantic liner St. Louis sailed from Hamburg, Germany, for Havana, Cuba. On the voyage were 937 passengers. Almost all were Jews fleeing from the Third Reich. Most were German citizens, some were from eastern Europe, and a few were officially "stateless." The majority of the Jewish passengers had applied for US visas, and had planned to stay in Cuba only until they could enter the United States. But....Roosevelt was not alone in his reluctance to challenge the mood of the nation on the immigration issue. "

https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005267

https://twitter.com/Stl_Manifest

Yes, in those days American Jews were severely oppressed and didn't have the power to stop that. That's a big reason many of the strongest voices against trump's fascism are American Jews, who have come a long way, but still get what it's like to be irrationally stigmatized. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The regime blatantly lies about the NUMBERS of people impacited by his amateur hour Muslim ban. Not only nasty, not only violating the constitution,  not only liars, but clumsy and incompetent as well. 

Four Pinocchios. The YUGE-est lie level. 45 gets that a lot. I guess get used to it. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/01/30/the-number-of-people-affected-by-trumps-travel-ban-about-90000/

JT, you do yourself a disservice  quoting anything from the Washington Post, so far left It's off the planet.

5 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

JT, you do yourself a disservice  quoting anything from the Washington Post, so far left It's off the planet.

Did I forget to put you on my IGNORE LIST? Sorry about that, done now. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Post

The Washington Post is generally regarded as one of the leading daily American newspapers,[12] along with The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. 

The newspaper has won 47 Pulitzer Prizes. 

Edited by Jingthing

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, in those days American Jews were severely oppressed and didn't have the power to stop that. That's a big reason many of the strongest voices against trump's fascism are American Jews, who have come a long way, but still get what it's like to be irrationally stigmatized. 

A testimony recently discovered by the Israeli press: Rae Kushner, a Polish woman who fled the Nazis across Europe by spending three years in a camp in Italy, and who in 1982 shared her incomprehension of the American refusal to welcome the fleeing Jews: " "For the Jews, the gates were closed. We never understood why. Even President Roosevelt kept the doors closed. Why ? The boat, the St. Louis, was driven back. What was the world afraid of? "Said Rae Kushner, one of the only survivors of her family, who was going to live in the United States and become the grandmother of Jared Kushner, now the son-in-law of the American president Trump and member of his first circle.

'The world's doors were closed': Jared Kushner's grandma on refugee life

Grandmother of Trump’s son-in-law gave interview criticising America’s refusal to accept Jews fleeing Holocaust

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/31/jared-kushner-grandmother-refugee-holocaust

"JTA — Jared Kushner, President Donald Trump’s Jewish son-in-law and senior adviser, stayed silent as protests broke out across the country against Trump’s controversial refugee ban — which prohibits for 120 days all refugees and for 90 days citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the country"

http://www.timesofisrael.com/jared-kushners-grandmother-on-being-a-refugee-the-doors-of-the-world-were-closed-to-us/

"  During that tumultuous time, the United States was in the throes of an intense anti-immigrant fervor,... They feared that the masses of Eastern and Southern Europeanswould “mongrelize” the nation, undermining its Anglo-Saxon awesomeness with their crude customs and inferior intellects. They fretted that these “undesirables” would remain unassimilated  "

https://www.thenation.com/article/nobody-wanted-to-take-us-in-the-story-of-jared-kushners-family-and-mine/

Edited by Opl

I think there is a very big dissonance  between what people think happens and what actually does happen.  It is very thorough.   It is much more thorough than a visa for other purposes.    Applicants go through multiple layers of vetting.   It can't really be made any more thorough.

At least one of the Bowling Green, KY, refugees admitted who was later found to be supporting terrorist activities in Iraq, did so under a special program, which included those working for the US Gov't overseas.   These programs are necessary, but the screening process on those needed tightening and I assume it has been.   Years ago, a huge number of refugees were taken out of Iraq.   Those employed by the US Gov't in Iraq (mostly for the military) were the first out and were sent to Guam for processing.   In that group, many were found to be ineligible because of ties to the Saddam Hussein Gov't and being directly involved in Crimes Against Humanity, including Genocide.  Many were CIA operatives. They were imprisoned in Guam and whether they are still there or have been returned, I am not sure, but resettlement is not an option.   They are a part of an excluded group.  

The situation with Green Card holders, where there is a proposal to re-interview them before returning is a little like redoing surgery to see if you can find anything else.   I doubt that many Embassy personnel will know what they are looking for.  

Any action on immigrants or refugees needs to be planned and procedures put in place prior to being implemented.   It does not have to be advertised, but it has to be explained to those tasked with implementing the changes.  

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The regime blatantly lies about the NUMBERS of people impacted by his amateur hour Muslim ban. Not only nasty, not only violating the constitution,  not only liars, but clumsy and incompetent as well. 

Regime??

Trump isn't a military dictator, a sizeable percentage of your electorate voted for him. Better fit a lot of the moaners had gone out and voted at the last election, as opposed to getting self rightous with their keyboard.

Go and meet working class people who have been shafted by the political establishment for years, or is that a bit scary?

18 hours ago, Thakkar said:

But are you ok with a guy who boasts about grabbing pussies and kissing women without their permission? Who talks of walking into Miss Teen USA dressing rooms to perve on semi-naked teens?

Allegedly.

1 hour ago, hugh2121 said:

Is he not doing what the majority voted for him to do?

I voted against Brexit but  i have to accept that the majority voted for it.

Same same.

I think you need to rephrase that first part, the majority of Americans voted against Trump, he was elected by the votes of the electoral college something which he roundly condemned in 2012 as an affront to democracy.

2 minutes ago, russty121 said:

Immigrant means a person fleeing from danger or death not a holiday maker or some one just coming to take your job

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Error. You defined REFUGEE. There is a massive need right now for nations such as the USA to accept MANY MORE refugees, just as in WW2. trump is against that. Once the USA could claim to be a "moral" leader in the world. Now we have elected a xenophobic insane clown. Our influence will sink greatly, and sadly, deservedly so. The USA without friends, isolated, will get the opposite of more great. Horrible mistake the USA has made. All we can do now is fight to reverse it.

8 hours ago, hugh2121 said:
On 1/31/2017 at 3:33 PM, Thakkar said:

But are you ok with a guy who boasts about grabbing pussies and kissing women without their permission? Who talks of walking into Miss Teen USA dressing rooms to perve on semi-naked teens?

Allegedly.

Note: Trump had only recently married Melania when he said this. Melania was pregnant.

Trump: I did try and f@#k her. She was married...
I moved on her like a b!&ch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married...
Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.
Bush: Whatever you want.
Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html?_r=0

With embedded video/audio

Donald Trump boasted about meeting semi-naked teenagers in beauty pageants
Mr Trump said on the Howard Stern radio show in 2005 that he was “allowed”, as the owner of the pageant, to go backstage while the contestants were getting dressed.

“You know they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-former-miss-arizona-tasha-dixon-naked-undressed-backstage-howard-stern-a7357866.html

Agrees that his daughter is a "piece of &ss"
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-howard-stern-talk-936602

"On Stern's radio show, Trump talks about his daughter being "voluptuous," dumping women after they turn 35 and sneaking backstage to see the women in the Miss Universe pageant as they got dressed."

Finally, Trump's own statement:
"I've never said I'm a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I'm not," he said in the video. "I've said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more-than-a-decade-old video are one of them."

The insane clown banning bad dudes ...

Oops!

Green-Card Holder Dies a Day After Being Prevented From Returning Home by Trump's Order, Report Says

http://time.com/4656182/trump-muslim-ban-woman-died-green-card-immigration/

45 is made to order as the best Islamist terrorist recruiter EVER. Perhaps Obama was too reserved in using the term radical Islamic terrorism to avoid giving terrorists the propaganda tool of claiming the USA is at war with Islam and all Muslims.

But where trump is taking this ... just shockingly stupid. 

Edited by Jingthing

How hard is it for a terrorist pretending to be a refugee to get into America?

For those who still don't get it, here's an even simpler 30 second version:

Still having trouble understanding refugee vetting? We put it in terms even video game-addicted children can understand.

pic.twitter.com/wWTdEtufhO

35 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

How hard is it for a terrorist pretending to be a refugee to get into America?

For those who still don't get it, here's an even simpler 30 second version:

Still having trouble understanding refugee vetting? We put it in terms even video game-addicted children can understand.

pic.twitter.com/wWTdEtufhO

A real funny video. Would be even funnier if the truth weren't that Muslims who have emigrated to the U.S. -- both as refugees and as regular immigrants -- have in fact committed mass casualty attacks in the U.S., just as recently as a few months ago.

As recent history have shown, they don't need to be hard-core confirmed terrorists going in. They can be just regular, perhaps fundamentalist Muslims who, at some point for whatever reasons, become radicalized enough to go out and kill or try to kill many Americans.

I've posted factual examples and summaries of them earlier in this thread. So comedy is great. But the reality is, the U.S. is admitting Muslims who go on to commit radical Islam-inspired attacks.  And that's no laughing matter.

7 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Note: Trump had only recently married Melania when he said this. Melania was pregnant.

Trump: I did try and f@#k her. She was married...
I moved on her like a b!&ch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married...
Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.
Bush: Whatever you want.
Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html?_r=0

With embedded video/audio

Donald Trump boasted about meeting semi-naked teenagers in beauty pageants
Mr Trump said on the Howard Stern radio show in 2005 that he was “allowed”, as the owner of the pageant, to go backstage while the contestants were getting dressed.

“You know they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-former-miss-arizona-tasha-dixon-naked-undressed-backstage-howard-stern-a7357866.html

Agrees that his daughter is a "piece of &ss"
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-howard-stern-talk-936602

"On Stern's radio show, Trump talks about his daughter being "voluptuous," dumping women after they turn 35 and sneaking backstage to see the women in the Miss Universe pageant as they got dressed."

Finally, Trump's own statement:
"I've never said I'm a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I'm not," he said in the video. "I've said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more-than-a-decade-old video are one of them."

JFK was a democrat!   Bill Clinton was a democrat!

Sexual misconduct......IN OFFICE   !!!

Need any more be said?

Edited by F4UCorsair

The title of the topic is

• Trump bars door to refugees, visitors from seven nations

I was suckered into responding to the post above, and couldn't delete it due to the time that had lapsed, but let's leave that garbage out of the discussion and respond to the actual thread title, with respect....please.

Additionally, whether Trump's mother arrived legally, or illegally, in 1929, is not relevant in 2017.   Anybody attempting to make an association between immigration practices from that era with those of today is drawing a long bow indeed.   

Edited by F4UCorsair