Just Been To Carrefor And Seen Some Odd Signs On The Shelves

leisurely

What I want to know is why did Carrefours stop selling its own brand bacon? They got it in 6 months ago, it was half price and twice as tasty as any other bacon they have there. It used to sell out so quickly that you had to buy a big batch and stock up. Then one day, gone, stopped selling it. :o

What I want to know is why did Carrefours stop selling its own brand bacon? They got it in 6 months ago, it was half price and twice as tasty as any other bacon they have there. It used to sell out so quickly that you had to buy a big batch and stock up. Then one day, gone, stopped selling it. :o

bkkmadness meet euromadness! This is creeping in as the modus operandi for european supermarket chains. Get a product on the shelves that peole love and sells like hot cakes. Keep it there for several months until it bulids up a huge popularity. Then ditch it, no warning, no announcement, no explanation.

As for the OPs question. Not a clue unless there's a shortage and they are imposing rationing. :D

If it were me, I'd load up with four trays of beer, plus a dozen breezers and see what they say about it. "What do you mean I can't buy what I want? Oh well I'll go and do my shopping at a more accommodating store."

I've done similar in the UK, for best effects put the stuff at the bottom of a full trolley of shopping, or in the second trolley, and then walk out saying "You can put that lot back as I don't want it." It's also best to have the manager there as it's not fair for the check out girl to take the grief.

Childish it might be but you wait until these supermarket chains have near monopolies in the local district. They're not so friendly and smiley then.

Not just the normal (ridiculous IMHO) restricted selling hours but cautioning people not to try to buy more than two trays of beer or four bottles of bacardi breezer, two of spirits etc. Any idea of the reason? I am at a loss to explain it

It's obviously a warning that if you buy too much booze in one go, then the restrictive selling hours do not apply :o

Not just the normal (ridiculous IMHO) restricted selling hours but cautioning people not to try to buy more than two trays of beer or four bottles of bacardi breezer, two of spirits etc. Any idea of the reason? I am at a loss to explain it

It's obviously a warning that if you buy too much booze in one go, then the restrictive selling hours do not apply :o

Bar owners perhaps?

At Christmas and New Year, there are genuine shortages of beer.

For example, I pay 360 baht for a case of Chang (12 big bottles) from my supplier (free delivery), in about one more week (around 19th December) I will call him and he will quote me 410 Baht a case.

It happens every year at this time.

There are solutions, but they are inconvenient.

Maybe a sensible place to have asked would have been in the store while you were there. I'm sure you would have got a more informed reply than waiting until you got home and then asking on an internet forum. :o

Why did you not ask in the store? :D

bkkmadness meet euromadness!

Is she fit? :D

It's not quite as bad as when Marks and Sparks removed their Sausage Quiche from the shelves back in 1990, that still annoys me, but still Carrefours bacon was delicious for a while. Now they only have that TGm crap, twice the price and no taste. It's been too long since I had a decent bacon sarnie! :D

Maybe a sensible place to have asked would have been in the store while you were there. I'm sure you would have got a more informed reply than waiting until you got home and then asking on an internet forum. :o

:D:D:D

You would have a better chance nailing blancmange to the ceiling :bah:

Have you ever tried asking a question in a shopping store. You would be hard pressed to get someone to give you an accurate answer to anything!!!

:D:D:D

You would have a better chance nailing blancmange to the ceiling :bah:

Have you ever tried asking a question in a shopping store. You would be hard pressed to get someone to give you an accurate answer to anything!!!

In that case i'm sure they would be hard pushed to enforce the restriction, if this is the case then the OP's question is moot.

bkkmadness meet euromadness!

Is she fit? :D

It's not quite as bad as when Marks and Sparks removed their Sausage Quiche from the shelves back in 1990, that still annoys me, but still Carrefours bacon was delicious for a while. Now they only have that TGm crap, twice the price and no taste. It's been too long since I had a decent bacon sarnie! :D

I found the products made by the Gourmet Supermarket in Emporium or Paragon, tried some ham and some bacon a few days ago and found them pretty good, much more better than TGM, wich, BTW, it is crap.