Trump immigrant curbs cause chaos, panic, anger worldwide

rooster59

51 minutes ago, Ulic said:

Anyone who would join ISIS because they could not get into

the US becauseof Trumps executive orders are not people

you ever wanted into the country.We will see how long this

goes on for. I am at a loss as the US has failed to protect translators and other Iraqi/Afghani support staff (who they promised they would protect by allowing them to immigrate

to the US). That said I do understand where Trump is coming from. That said how about banning/deporting Saudi Imams preaching hatred and jihad in the US. Perhaps if the

US/Europe had been more targeted in the past not allowing these Imams out of Saudi we would not have this issue now.

Even though Saudi terrorists carried out the 9/11 attack and constitute the largest number of foreign volunteers in ISIS, Trump and his advisors will never ban or even criticize the Saudis. 

Hypocrites like Trump know that they are too wealthy to risk offending. :sick:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Why should the world open up its borders to islam?

The U.S. is a country that was founded by immigrants and a huge part of the purpose freedom of religion. What Trump is doing here (banning people from these Muslim countries, while allowing for Christians from those countries to get in) goes directly against that. If there was some outstanding circumstance you might be able to understand it. As is, the number of muslim terrorist caused deaths is lower than the percentage of muslims in America. It makes up less than 1% of the murders in America. It makes a lot of press though, and that has been used to create the false perception that muslims are a danger where other groups are not. It's judging a large group of primarily peaceful people by the worst of their religion. That would be no different than judging Christians by the abortion clinic terrorists. 

Edited by jcsmith

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I won't judge other members that way, but yes, it's clear trump is mentally ill and he's trying to infect the world with his peculiarly bizarre mental state, and to a large extent, horrifically, he's succeeding. 

And your medical creditionals which give your the knowlege and experience to determine if one is mentally ill or not ? 

One suspects your not qualified to make that determination, with the required Phd letters after your name 

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I won't judge other members that way, but yes, it's clear trump is mentally ill and he's trying to infect the world with his peculiarly bizarre mental state, and to a large extent, horrifically, he's succeeding. 

You may not like his words and his actions.

But "mentally ill" ?

28 minutes ago, jcsmith said:

The U.S. is a country that was founded by immigrants and a huge part of the purpose freedom of religion. What Trump is doing here (banning people from these Muslim countries, while allowing for Christians from those countries to get in) goes directly against that. If there was some outstanding circumstance you might be able to understand it. As is, the number of muslim terrorist caused deaths is lower than the percentage of muslims in America. It makes up less than 1% of the murders in America. It makes a lot of press though, and that has been used to create the false perception that muslims are a danger where other groups are not. It's judging a large group of primarily peaceful people by the worst of their religion. That would be no different than judging Christians by the abortion clinic terrorists. 

First: The time when the US needed immigration is over. Having been an immigration coutry does not mean it has to remain that

Second: Freedom of religon for a religion that wants to eradicate all other religons and is known for the most violent present religon?

Third: Countries have the right of self defense and the duty to protect their people, don't they?

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

I would like to know what the vetting process involves. I find the idea that it is even possible accurately vet anyone from many countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well heres the thing if one cant accurately vet someone then the simple answer, dont let them in then " we reserve the right to admit..etc "

You may not like his words and his actions.

But "mentally ill" ?

Many of his colleagues suspect as much. It's not off the table. Psychiatric screening is unfortunately not required of presidents. He has the nuclear football. Wouldn't be the first mentally ill president. Nixon suffered from paranoid schizophrenia.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Many of his colleagues suspect as much. It's not off the table. Psychiatric screening is unfortunately not required of presidents. He has the nuclear football. Wouldn't be the first mentally ill president. Nixon suffered from paranoid schizophrenia.

So you know many of his collegues then ? 

According to this link numerous previous Presidents were mentally ill, so he would be in good company if true, including JKF and Bill Clinton  

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/11/01/435902/Lyndon-Johnson-JFK-Nixon-Obama-Clinton-mental-illness

19 minutes ago, Savilesghost said:

So you know many of his collegues then ? 

According to this link numerous previous Presidents were mentally ill, so he would be in good company if true, including JKF and Bill Clinton  

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/11/01/435902/Lyndon-Johnson-JFK-Nixon-Obama-Clinton-mental-illness

Nothing is off the table...

9 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

What I can't believe is that Trump's ban includes individuals that are dual citizens.

How can you bar US citizens from returning to the US ? Isn't getting US citizenship enough "extreme" vetting

This is what happens when "outsiders" craft executive orders that won't pass legal muster. This administration is going to go down in history as being the most litigated in US history

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

He is not banning U.S. citizens. Some people with "green cards" are being stopped at airports in the banned countries. Those with Alien Registration Cards "green cards" are permanent residents, not U.S. citizens. As such, they can lose their status as permanent residents.

8 minutes ago, kowpot said:

He is not banning U.S. citizens. Some people with "green cards" are being stopped at airports in the banned countries. Those with Alien Registration Cards "green cards" are permanent residents, not U.S. citizens. As such, they can lose their status as permanent residents.

So more alternative truths told by the MSM then ?  as your quite correct green card holders are not US citzens, and therefore the phrase dual citizens in their case is not true either, they are not dual citizens, they are citizens of 1 country with Permanent residence in the US

Edited by Savilesghost

That nice Mr Obama would never have done anything as nasty  as banning refugees for 4 months.

No, he did it for 6:

"the State Department in 2011 stopped processing Iraq refugee requests for six months after the Federal Bureau of Investigation uncovered evidence that several dozen terrorists from Iraq had infiltrated the United States via the refugee program."

http://www.wnd.com/2017/01/2011-obama-paused-iraq-refugee-program-for-6-months/

"the State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011 even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets. One Iraqi who had aided American troops was assassinated before his refugee application could be processed, because of the immigration delays"

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-kentucky-us-dozens-terrorists-country-refugees/story?id=20931131

2 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

That nice Mr Obama would never have done anything as nasty  as banning refugees for 4 months.

No, he did it for 6:

"the State Department in 2011 stopped processing Iraq refugee requests for six months after the Federal Bureau of Investigation uncovered evidence that several dozen terrorists from Iraq had infiltrated the United States via the refugee program."

http://www.wnd.com/2017/01/2011-obama-paused-iraq-refugee-program-for-6-months/

"the State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011 even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets. One Iraqi who had aided American troops was assassinated before his refugee application could be processed, because of the immigration delays"

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-kentucky-us-dozens-terrorists-country-refugees/story?id=20931131

Conclusive proof that  Mr Obama was mentally ill during his Presidency ? 

Illegal immigration is one thing... but these are legal visitors and legal immigrants, who have gone through the vetting process and done all the correct things

I have defended Trump in the past and advise to give him a chance

While I still agree with that, I also have said that if he does something that is wrong.. then people need to call him out on that...

I believe this is such a case

Presidents can make executive orders but the courts can rule them to be unconstitutional.. they did to Obama and should do so in this case

I hope this is turned over in the courts quickly...

Conclusive proof that  Mr Obama was mentally ill during his Presidency ? 

Trump did not just stop refugees..

He has banned people from entering into the US who have valid visas and green cards

Not just refugees but everyone..

Some of these people are long time LEGAL residents in the US with jobs and families

Saw a case where a programmer working at google went back home to see a dying father... now can not come back to the US... his family is here and he has a legal visa and permission to work in the US with a green card

But now not able to come back home?

That's just crazy

That remains to be seen, but at the very least at the moment he is keeping his election promises, which is very unusual for a politian, so that counts for something 

I disagree, his election promise had to do with better vetting of Refugees

Not blocking people with legal visas and green cards from returning back to the USA

9 minutes ago, CWMcMurray said:

Trump did not just stop refugees..

He has banned people from entering into the US who have valid visas and green cards

Not just refugees but everyone..

Some of these people are long time LEGAL residents in the US with jobs and families

Saw a case where a programmer working at google went back home to see a dying father... now can not come back to the US... his family is here and he has a legal visa and permission to work in the US with a green card

But now not able to come back home?

That's just crazy

A visa is no gurantee you will be allowed into any country,  

PR although having unhindered right of abode, can have that right removed if conditions warrant it and thats a fact not just in the US 

As regards your example, a bit confused, i stand to be corrected a green card confers employment rights and one doesnt need a visa if one has a green card,

so there seems to be some technical inaccuracies in the example,

further US authorites are perfectly with in their rights to deny entry to non citizens if the circumstances warrant it..in this case the persons concerned are not citizens

This is the same in many countries not just the US  

Edited by Savilesghost