What are the most common stir fry oils used at the Thai places?

Hal65

5 hours ago, madusa said:

Cake Monster , it's funny you mentioned engine oil. About 30 years ago there was a case in Spain(if I didn't get the country wrong). that mix engine oil with cooking oil and sold them and quite a few people died.

I believe they add a little engine oil to your sesame seed oil, so your sesame oil do look kind of thick. I wonder what engine oil does to your body. Do you pass them out in the stools?

I try not to eat sesame oil and also seldom eat  oily stuff at foodstalls.

I once bought recycle oil unknowningly. I broke out in boils after consuming that re-cycle cooking oil. Just imagine how bad that oil is.

I even use virgin olive oil for cooking now. Well, I never deep fried, only light stir fry. It tastes good. The oil look greenish because it's not processed at all. "Cold press" direct into the bottle.

If engine oil were used, your joints and everything else would work to its full potential :smile:.

I just was wondering how long you would need between services , and what that would entail. ( the mind boggles at the thought ) :shock1:

And yes, I kind of remember something about the engine oil in olive oil many years ago, but think it was then in what was Yugoslavia, but I could well be wrong on that.

On 2017/1/31 at 10:42 AM, mikecha said:

all oil in the world is processed

the pressing of olive oil is a process gren is the first press they say

even olive oil over 160 deg is dangerous

You mean 160 degree in heating or what?  I don't get you. I thought nothing was done to the olive oil when they say "Cold Press". I mean olive oil is stable in a natural state, like coconut oil. Stable means even if nothing is done to them they remain in good condition for a long time if store in a cool dry place. Correct me if I am wrong.

On 1/31/2017 at 4:27 PM, bringabeer said:

I often hear what is good and bad for our health ...
Palm oil is BAD ??? says who !

https://draxe.com/benefits-of-palm-oil/

PS I remember when coffee was bad etc...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Did you read the article you quote. It says

Avoid Processed and Hydrogenated Palm Oil

Which is what you'll find most Palm oil sold in Thailand is and what Thai restaurants use.

I've never seen Red Palm Oil here.

3 hours ago, Keesters said:

Did you read the article you quote. It says

Avoid Processed and Hydrogenated Palm Oil

Which is what you'll find most Palm oil sold in Thailand is and what Thai restaurants use.

I've never seen Red Palm Oil here.

Sure looks black and white to me but hey................

Maybe English is not his first language? Or he wants his 15 minutes of fame?   Or..........no, I cannot bring myself to say it.     :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Any oil that has been heated in its process over 60%c has lost all its goodness,hence we do our own coconut oil, buy some try some for frying or dribbling on a salad, and i mean only the cold pressed bought or homemade stuff,look it up, best all round oil on the planet for humans.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure that most restaurants use the natural oils from a teenager's skin who has ache all over their face. Occasionally they will use some from the backs of some bodybuilders who have bad back acne too, they've not too concerned on the person's age. They just pop that pimple and that juicy goodness comes out. Free and cost effective :smile:

The health nuts are normally thin because anything that tastes good cannot be good for them. Everything in moderation is fine. If you drink a liter of palm oil every day, it is likely that you will get sick. Coffee is now good for you but if you drink several liters a day, that too will be bad for your health. A friend of mine says that red wine is good for him. Why does he have a broken leg?

8 hours ago, Gary A said:

The health nuts are normally thin because anything that tastes good cannot be good for them. Everything in moderation is fine. If you drink a liter of palm oil every day, it is likely that you will get sick. Coffee is now good for you but if you drink several liters a day, that too will be bad for your health. A friend of mine says that red wine is good for him. Why does he have a broken leg?

I'm trying to lose weight and be a "health nut" so I've started to go on a pure "Swensons" ice cream diet for the next 100 days. Purely Ice Cream, Protein Shakes and Alcohol is the key to miraculously shedding those love handles and bring out your 6-pack to impress the honeys is what a recent article on this forum said.

Your friend broke his leg because he doesn't have enough calcium. You need to tell him immediately to jump onboard the ice cream only diet too. I can assure you I've not broken any bones since starting this diet. Before that I was as frail as a 100 year old grandpa with multiple fractures every week breaking bones left, right & centre.

Edited by bbi1

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I'm trying to lose weight and be a "health nut" so I've started to go on a pure "Swensons" ice cream diet for the next 100 days. Purely Ice Cream, Protein Shakes and Alcohol is the key to miraculously shedding those love handles and bring out your 6-pack to impress the honeys is what a recent article on this forum said.

Your friend broke his leg because he doesn't have enough calcium. You need to tell him immediately to jump onboard the ice cream only diet too. I can assure you I've not broken any bones since starting this diet. Before that I was as frail as a 100 year old grandpa with multiple fractures every week breaking bones left, right & centre.

Would the Thai delicacy chicken feet, of course fried in olive oil, provide enough calcium?