How much child support do you pay

USPatriot

would like to meet her , i heard she has a lot of cash to spend on her boyfriends ........

On 1/30/2017 at 2:20 PM, rod jones said:

Thank you for your reply, and information.. I will try and do this ,

Thanks again
Rod

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, snowgard said:

What do you think how much of the B25.000 would be paid out for the kid?

The B25k was for two kids, I believe. Besides, I am talking about a Western man's obligation to his child--I've heard low-life farangs bragging how little child support they pay; as if it were some honor to short-change your own child. Additionally, what makes you think the mother would not take good care of the child. Not every Thai woman is a money grubbing hooker you know; perhaps you don't know that.

13 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Not every Thai woman is a money grubbing hooker you know; perhaps you don't know that.

Not all, but a lot. And a lot of kids end in issan villages and stay with their grand parents and not their mother.

2 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Not all, but a lot. And a lot of kids end in issan villages and stay with their grand parents and not their mother.

2 minutes ago, snowgard said:

And that senario also plays out to mothers working 12 hr shifts in Panasonic and other factories. Or working in Bangkok in offices. Some people like yourself have no clue. Read all thai girls are money grabbers and hookers once probably on here and jump on the it must be true bandwagon.

You really have no clue

6 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

And that senario also plays out to mothers working 12 hr shifts in Panasonic and other factories. Or working in Bangkok in offices. Some people like yourself have no clue. Read all thai girls are money grabbers and hookers once probably on here and jump on the it must be true bandwagon.

You really have no clue

Oh, so you have the clues and I don't. Well, you seemed to have missed this clue; I was talking about a low-life farang short-changing his own child. What, pray tell is wrong with a mother working and the grand parents taking care of the kid--it happens everywhere. The fact that some Thai women may spend all of any child support money on themselves is them being a low-life. A farang paying as little child support as possible is the farang being a low-life.

I have read some place that childsupport for 1 in Thailand was set to 6500 pr month in court.For the youngest that is not more then it should be.Dipers,milk and the babyfood is expensive.

Easy 5k a month for the high end brands.

So 25k for 2 kids is nice but it wil most likely not go to the kid.IMO

The poster is obviously a good guy who,either misled or not,he is taking care of his offspring.However i would moderate the amount somewhat until i was sure where the money was going.As for the ex having another guy,i doubt very much that she would share any of it with her new Lothario,due to the fact that with Thai women,your money is their money and their money is very much their own.And people over time change,her values could be different now after being advised by her Thai ex wives club mates.She could be doing all sorts of stuff.But that is for the poster to find out.In the mean time "respect to you mate,your doing the right thing,and as long as you are happy doing it then its nobody's business but yours"

I think 25k a month is quite fair. I have 2 young daughters, who I live with. I spend more than that every month on both of them and if I could afford more , I would spend more. Any father worth his salt would pay the maximum he could afford. Raising children in Thailand is not cheap, a half decent school around 150k a year, medical costs, extra fuel costs, food, milk, birthdays, holidays, days out, possible extra tuition. Yes it can be done cheaper but surely you always want the best you can afford for your child.

2 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

You really have no clue

I don't know what is your problem, but YOU have no clue. We talk about Thai ladies who have kids with farang.

I don't know one thai lady who had a farang and kid from him who work in a factory.

I am sure it give some but very rare. With B25.000/monthly the most don't do it for sure.

But so or so it's not ok to have a kid and just pay for it. This are not my opinions as a father.

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

The B25k was for two kids, I believe. Besides, I am talking about a Western man's obligation to his child--I've heard low-life farangs bragging how little child support they pay; as if it were some honor to short-change your own child. Additionally, what makes you think the mother would not take good care of the child. Not every Thai woman is a money grubbing hooker you know; perhaps you don't know that.

That's way too much, and most Thai woman are money grabbing.  Like someone said, her new lover must enjoy life.

1 hour ago, Gerard052 said:

That's way too much, and most Thai woman are money grabbing.  Like someone said, her new lover must enjoy life.

Well, it's apparent you missed the point too. So you are in favor of giving your child as little as possible because its mother may spend it on a new boyfriend.   That does provide you a low-life rationalization for giving your child little or nothing, doesn't it?

2 hours ago, snowgard said:

I don't know what is your problem, but YOU have no clue. We talk about Thai ladies who have kids with farang.

I don't know one thai lady who had a farang and kid from him who work in a factory.

I am sure it give some but very rare. With B25.000/monthly the most don't do it for sure.

But so or so it's not ok to have a kid and just pay for it. This are not my opinions as a father.

I have no problem. This is about child support from farang dipping his wick then a sprog comes along and farang and girlfriend /wife part company yes. I know a few ex wifes who work on Panasonic and there mum's look after there children. And I was comenting on this your post I belive.

"Not all, but a lot. And a lot of kids end in issan villages and stay with their grand parents and not their mother.

The lot you refered to are as you insinuate hookers."

So please get of your moral horse and look around you.

Edited by Deepinthailand

6 hours ago, smotherb said:

If all you would give your own child is B2500/mo; you must have little concern.

Yes they are the O/P's children whose welfare he ought to care about rather than how little he can get away with.

I understand there may be some concern as to how it's actually used, but if you're in Thailand six months a year, rather than fathering any more children the O/P should make it his business to see how the children are managing and make some effort to ensure their basic needs, schooling, etc are being met. 

Edited by Suradit69

You  make them    you look after them   as a  father  should   .

make sure they have food clothes   and get an education   

like the other guy said here not all thai woman are walking ATM   

most as i know are all concerned for there children welfare and school

call her talk to her  and maybe use 25 k via bank to just pay the school /food   child trust fund  

The real question is: "How much child support did my wife never pay me as the custodial parent."  When I hear "Deadbeat Dad" I want to throw up.  And the state I lived in at the time did nothing.   Hypocritical. 

You're paying too much. 

12 hours ago, smotherb said:

Well, it's apparent you missed the point too. So you are in favor of giving your child as little as possible because its mother may spend it on a new boyfriend.   That does provide you a low-life rationalization for giving your child little or nothing, doesn't it?

I have 2 children that my wife had from a previous idiot Thai man, he left with another woman years ago, I ended up marrying her 6 years ago and they are well taken care of and it doesn't cost me 25k a month to take good care of them.  This is not America, this is Thailand, freakin wake up and smell the roses.

50 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

I have 2 children that my wife had from a previous idiot Thai man, he left with another woman years ago, I ended up marrying her 6 years ago and they are well taken care of and it doesn't cost me 25k a month to take good care of them.  This is not America, this is Thailand, freakin wake up and smell the roses.

Maybe you need to wake up; I never suggested any baht amount. I simply inferred you need to give as much as you can; after all, it's your child.  There is a significant difference in child support costs if you raise your children in the typical middle- to low-class Thai style than if you send them to international schools; provide health insurance for them; take them back to your home country for vacations; give them imported toys, cellphones, cars, scooters and clothes, etc.  Of course, it depends upon the father's ability to pay--some simply cannot pay as much. It's the low-life farang who has the funds, but tries to get away with as little as possible in support of his own child that I am against.  By the way, congrats to you; taking good care of step-children is a good thing--I know I had two step-fathers and I loved them both.

15 hours ago, connda said:

The real question is: "How much child support did my wife never pay me as the custodial parent."  When I hear "Deadbeat Dad" I want to throw up.  And the state I lived in at the time did nothing.   Hypocritical. 

You're paying too much. 

Not to minimize your suffering or anything, but you should realize that women have been suffering this at astronomical rates, as compared to men, and forever ...so that really is NOT the question.  The question is how much he can afford and what is best for the child that is he concerned with ..not you and your life. 

On 1/29/2017 at 4:42 PM, Swiss1960 said:

Child, ex-wife and her new lover certainly live good with that money. ?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I'm not just picking on you ...but I wonder ..when so many of you say this ...is that because in the past you dated women with children from other men, and they spent all their child support payments on YOU???