Need advice buying a blender/juicer.

ronaldtullis

So, I started gym 2 months ago and now my trainer advised me to take maximum intake of nutrition and protein as possible. In order to prepare the fresh juice or my protein shake I want something like a personal mixer. I googled to acquire knowledge and narrowed my searches between these three Hamilton, Gourmia and Magic bullet.

Please help me deciding which one is suitable for me. If you have any personal experience with any of these blenders share your view :)

Thanks in advance.

I looked for a blender for quite a while.  I had a top of the line VitaMix about $500.00 for about 20 years and sold it for $100.00 before I left the USA 3 years ago.  I decided on the Otto BE - 127a, 1200 watts for about 1200 bhat.

Having said that I stripped the main drive gear in two weeks trying to use it like VitaMix heavy duty making Humus etc.  I took it back to Lotus and they exchanged it.  I use it almost daily for making smoothies, grinding Chia seeds, nuts and flaxseeds first and it works great.  

What I found out quickly is you can't push a $34.00 machine like a $500.00 machine.  Taking a little care with it it's running like a champ for 9 months now.  Friends of mine had both the Hamilton or Bullet.  Personally I didn't like either of them. I've also tried other blenders at friends, didn't like them as much as the Otto.   The Otto is stronger and does a better job.

Also at almost all the juice and smoothie stands I see this Otto machine.

Up at the Macro in Yasothan last month I saw a 1500 watts model for 1200 bhat picked it up and it felt like a very heavy motor.  Forget the name but I'd check Macro first then Big C for best selection and prices.  You can get a one day pass at Macro or I think it's a 2000 bhat purchase to qualify for a card.

Edited by joeyg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, meatboy said:

any one of the three as long as its NOT MADE IN CHINA.

Why not made in China?  We bought below Blendsky 1500w model from Lazada 5 months ago and works great - even grinds coffee very well.  For 3k believe it is good value and very usable.

blendsky-ekhruue-ngpansmuuthtii-run-bl-009b-siikhaaw-1656-6287952-57ce651d55661df2ce96d82ef8c6f316-webp-zoom.jpg

• Like 1

Looks Identical to the Otto 1200 watt model.  They are VitaMix "knock offs."  Looks practically identical to the $500.00 VitaMix.  Doesn't run the same but doing a great job so far.  At 34 bucks how can ya go wrong?  Your 1500 watt model is about twice what the Otto 1200 is.  Like I said I saw another 1500 watt model for 1200 bhat that was quite heavy.  

If I blow this one up I'll be looking for that one.  Think it was at Macro.

The 1200 watt model does a great job on grinding seeds and nuts, no problem.  The trick is I use a chopstick to loosen up the ground stuff that gets stuck around the base.  Then I throw in the fruit of the day and some green tea or other herb tea.

If you don't free up the stuff before you throw in the fruit and other liquid it just will get packed around the base and won't blend.  Doing this little trick everything blends 100%.

Edited by joeyg

Try and get one with a 3HP motor….it will take whatever you throw at it...2HP is not bad either.

28,000 rpm is good to blend anything smoothly.

Choose from Vitamix, Blendtec, Waring….they cost a bit, but will last 10 years or more with proper handling.

I use a Blendtec..its noisy but very effective…i make better humus than most middle eastern restaurants thanks to it.

• Like 2

Yep Blendtec is a solid piece of equipment.  Like I said though how can you go wrong for $34.00?  I think I got my money's worth out of this one already.

Really is a nice machine after blowing the first one up!!! :clap2:

• 2 months later...

Do you want a blender or a juicer ??/ because there is a world of difference.

the juicer does just that takes all the juice (vitamins etc) out for you to drink. The blender just does a mush of the product so you are really drinking (taking in calories  of the whole thing)

& don't be caught up with you need the fiber of the whole thing ----you don't--there are a thousand ways to get your fiber intake during the day..

That's why the juicer cost so much more--- IMO the best Juicers on the market are what out Asian friends invented----"The slow juicer" its not really slow  in time, just in the speed of the juicing --because it juices slower it does not have the friction= hence no heat= hence no damage to the juice...... I think  Kuvings is the best on the market....but I have sent you a youtube on the Hurom slow juicer.

The Kuvings also cuts the product for you---has a 10 year guarantee it can do almonds ----wheat grass---most others can not---- and it has a shop in BKK. no metal no heat just juicing with ceramic . If you feel that you want to eat the entire fruit/veg.....its an option as it also comes out of a separate feed.

• Like 1

Power Mall/Power Buy both sell the Panasonic MJ SJ 01 Juicer for B3000   I've had mine for a year and it works very well.  It is powerful enough to juice hard vegetables (beets, radish, carrots) and fibrous greens such as kale, broccoli and green beans.  Though it has a rather large footprint, set-up and cleaning are both easy. It does a very good job of extracting a maximum amount of juice from the vegetables.  The single speed white model I'm referring to does the job very well.  They also offer a more expensive black model that has 2 speeds but the same motor. I see no advantage to a 2nd speed.

Specs - MJ-SJ01 Juicer - Panasonic.html

Edited by dddave

This model Reboot master 6000 which is similar to Kuvings, using similar big feeding tube, worked well for me for 2 years now . But it is a juicer not a blender. Better for juicing vegetables than blenders. Besides juice it can make smoothies, peanut butter and banana/strawberry sorbets.......comes with 3 attachments used for the various products. Very quiet and solid machine, but more pricey than blenders 

Edited by Gordon

On 4/4/2017 at 8:57 PM, oxo1947 said:

Do you want a blender or a juicer ??/ because there is a world of difference.

the juicer does just that takes all the juice (vitamins etc) out for you to drink. The blender just does a mush of the product so you are really drinking (taking in calories  of the whole thing)

& don't be caught up with you need the fiber of the whole thing ----you don't--there are a thousand ways to get your fiber intake during the day..

That's why the juicer cost so much more--- IMO the best Juicers on the market are what out Asian friends invented----"The slow juicer" its not really slow  in time, just in the speed of the juicing --because it juices slower it does not have the friction= hence no heat= hence no damage to the juice...... I think  Kuvings is the best on the market....but I have sent you a youtube on the Hurom slow juicer.

The Kuvings also cuts the product for you---has a 10 year guarantee it can do almonds ----wheat grass---most others can not---- and it has a shop in BKK. no metal no heat just juicing with ceramic . If you feel that you want to eat the entire fruit/veg.....its an option as it also comes out of a separate feed.

"

This thread gave an idea on how and what to choose which Single-serve Blender I should buy.

Thanks guys! :smile:"

• 4 months later...

@ronaldtullis: Not sure if you want a juicer or a blender. The two are totally different from each other. The Magic Bullet is a blender. It cuts and mixes the ingredients to make smoothies. A juicer meanwhile extracts the juice from the produce and removes the pulp. A blender is good for making milkshades, protein shakes, smoothies out of softer, more watery and less fibrous produce such as leafy greens or kiwi, banana, and grapes. A juicer is better for harder, more fibrous fruits and veggies (apple, carrot, roots, celery). A masticating or triturating juicer can also make nut milk, if it's something you consume often.
The Nutri Bullet and the Vitamix are good blenders. For juicers, Hamilton Beach, Omega, Breville, Green Star are famous brands.
You can find the differences between a juicer and a blender, and find product reviews here: https://lunaregina.com/best-juicers/

or here https://www.blenderrepublic.com/reviews/juicer-vs-blender/ 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:46 AM, meatboy said:

any one of the three as long as its NOT MADE IN CHINA.

Is anything not made in China now?

Buy a cheap one. They all break, but one can buy several cheap ones for the price of an expensive one. Obviously if one puts too much in a cheap one it will break sooner.

major problems with bullets in Australia a few years ago, the older models were fine though. We have the heavy duty Tefal, cost 12,000 baht at Home Pro but worth every penny, has all the power needed, blends everything we throw at it

Edited by seajae

I have burnt out two small ones in the last month, kitchen aid and then another cuisine art, peanuts killed them, got money back on first but had no box on second so money lost just bought a professional one from lazarda and so far so good

BATAMIX เครื่องปั่นน้ำผลไม้สมูทตี้ (สีดำ)SB-769PLUS-พรีเมี่ยม  

Write a review 
Add to wishlist 

• BATAMIX เครื่องปั่นน้ำผลไม้สมูทตี้ (สีดำ)SB-769PLUS-พรีเมี่ยม
BATAMIX เครื่องปั่นน้ำผลไม้สมูทตี้ (สีดำ)SB-769PLUS-พรีเมี่ยม
1 ปี Warranty Available 
more 
  • ความเร็วรอบใบมีด 26000 รอบ/นาที
  • กำลังไฟ 1500 วัตต์
  • โถ่ปั่นผลิตจากโพลีคาร์บอเนตเกรดพรีเมี่ยม ตกไม่แตก ไม่เป็นรอยขุนเหมือนพลาสติกใส
  • ด้ามจับโถพลาสติกดำ ดีไซน์ทันสมัย สวยงาม ง่ายต่อการใช้งานมากยิ่งขึ้นกว่ารุ่นก่อนๆ
  • ใบมีด 6 แฉก ปั้นจนน้ำแข็งละเอียดและฟู
  • มอเตอร์ถูกออกแบบมาเพื่ออุตสกรรมโดยเฉพาะ รวมทั้งระบบป้องกันการโอเวอร์โหลด ทำให้มั่นใจได้ถึงความปลอดภัยในการใช้งาน
  • ด้วยแรงปั่นที่สูงเพิ่มความหนืดให้น้ำปั่นสมูทตี้ของคุณเป็นสมูทตี้ระดับพรีเมี่ยม

SELLER PROMOTIONS 

ใบมีด 650 บาท ดอกเห็ด 300 บาท ไขควง 90 บาท ที่เปิดใบมีด 150 บาท 

2,990  ฿
Before 9,990 ฿,
You save 70%

Promotion and price above are valid through 26/8/2017

ADD TO CART

• 3 weeks later...
Try and get one with a 3HP motor….it will take whatever you throw at it...2HP is not bad either.

28,000 rpm is good to blend anything smoothly.

Choose from Vitamix, Blendtec, Waring….they cost a bit, but will last 10 years or more with proper handling.

I use a Blendtec..its noisy but very effective…i make better humus than most middle eastern restaurants thanks to it.

The bigger the motor the better.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

image for BLENDER HEALTHY-MIX GP3.5 2L from homepro.co.th

BLENDER HEALTHY-MIX GP3.5 2L

SKU ID: 265643

21,900 THB
13,900 THB

hep05_en.jpg
Brand: HEALTHY-MIX
Quantity :

Buy Now
Add to cart

Product description
Product specification

• กำลังไฟ 1800 วัตต์
  • ปรับความเร็วได้ 10 ระดับ
  • ความจุโถปั่น 2 ลิตร
  • ใบมีดสเตนเลส 4 แฉกหยักฟันปลา
  • กำลัง 3.5 แรงม้า ความเร็วรอบ 45000 รอบ
  • โถปั่นทำจากโพลีคาบอเนต
  • ชุดแหวนสแตนเลสแท้ รอบเฟืองถี่
  • ตัดไฟอัตโนมัติเมื่อเครื่องร้อนเกินไป
Material: POLYCARBONATE
Width: 35 cm
Color: WHITE
Weight: 5.05 kg
Height: 45 cm
Depth: 36 cm
Capacity: 2L
Speed Adjustable: 10 ระดับ
Blade type: ใบมีดสเตนเลส 4 แฉกหยักฟันปลา
Power: 1800W

block-feature-01-icon.png
HOME SERVICE
Service for Home Lovers
block-next-icon.png
block-feature-02-icon.png
DELIVERY SERVICE
Nationwide Delivery
block-next-icon.png
block-feature-03-icon.png
CUSTOMER SERVICE
block-next-icon.png
Stay Connected
facebook29.png youtube.jpg instagram.jpg pinterest.jpg twiter.jpg

Online Shopping
Homepro Stores
Contact Us
About Homepro
Subscribe to E-News & Promotions

visa.png master.png bay.png bbl.png kbank.png ktc22x22.jpg scb.png tisco.png tbank.png uob.png citi.png

Copyright 2001-2016 Home Product Center Public Company Limited. All rights reserved.

try Hamilton Beach 56221 

It is made of durable materials and provides ample power to satisfy your daily smoothie needs. It could crush ice easily, and blend soups, hot liquids, dips, and salsas. It is user-friendly and easy to clean. 

I've used the Otto B 127A 50Amp 1200 watt almost everyday for 3 years.  Runs like a top.  It's a Vitamix knock off.  can't quite push it like a real Vitamix but if you use your head it works great.  I've made hummus and tahini that came very good.   Blend watermelon almost every day.  Why pay more than ten times?  Hard to beat for 1250 bhat...

• Like 1

I have the top-rated Panasonic MJ-L500 slow juicer, used one time, worked superbly juicing everything from Carrots to various greens. Found out I did not like the juices so put it away after the one day use. It is available with all original packaging at one-half of the price. In Phuket.

4 hours ago, keeniau96 said:

I have the top-rated Panasonic MJ-L500 slow juicer, used one time, worked superbly juicing everything from Carrots to various greens. Found out I did not like the juices so put it away after the one day use. It is available with all original packaging at one-half of the price. In Phuket.

Keep juicing.  Dilute the juice with water if you don't like the taste.  Find ones that you do like fresh juices are super important to health.  Surprised you haven't sold it at that price!