US travel ban: UK dual nationals not affected says Foreign Office

webfact

US travel ban: UK dual nationals not affected says Foreign Office

LONDON: -- The US border clampdown should not affect UK nationals travelling to the US, even if they were born in one of the countries on which restrictions have been placed, officials say.

But new guidance says those with dual nationality travelling from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen could face extra border checks.

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson earlier contacted US officials for clarification over the 90-day ban on visa holders from the seven countries ordered by President Trump.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38789821

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-01-30

" Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson earlier contacted US officials for clarification over the 90-day ban on visa holders from the seven countries ordered by President Trump. "

yes he has kept his dual Iranian nationality really quiet so far.......

Irrespective of what you think of the ban, it would make no sense to allow dual nationals of the seven banned countries into the US ... do you really trust foreign countries to vet properly, do you really know where the sympathies of foreign dual national lay?  The ban and the higher level of vetting in the future is designed with a single purpose ... stop Muslim immigration to the US.  The temporary ban and the more stringent vetting are simply the legal guise this will take to achieve the goal.

My own view is that the US approach is draconian.  However, I would like to see a more of this and a lot less of "Diversity is our strength" nonsense from the government of my country. 

The irony is that there is a far higher risk of terrorist threats coming from UK terrorists than any of the banned countries.  We are on high alert and the police break terrorist cells in the UK quite often, though it is not always reported.  All of these people are welcome to travel to the USA at anytime as most have UK passports and were born here..  However even the dual passport holders are welcome after Trumps latest climb down.

20 hours ago, bangon04 said:

" Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson earlier contacted US officials for clarification over the 90-day ban on visa holders from the seven countries ordered by President Trump. "

yes he has kept his dual Iranian nationality really quiet so far.......

I can't work this one out.  He may be Turkish (his father's paternal grandfather was Turkish Minister of the Interior), but he's well known to be an American citizen.