Threatened With Rape Accusation

richardb

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobi - dont get me wrong - what I am saying you should give because you want to give, not because someone asks you to give. Same Same but different. :D

Mercy Mission is a great charity, but I think its better suited in its own thread if the truth be known.

Well my dear Brit, it wasn't me that brought up the Mercy Mission on this thread, but since it was brought up - what's wrong with that?

After all the current Mercy Mission thread has had 228 views and the current "rape " thread has had 1969 views.

Maybe I should start a Mercy thread with RAPE or SEX PERVERSION in the title, and see how many views I get :o

To those of you who are "annoyed" or think that you "shouldn't be asked to give, you should just give when you feel like it" or that Charity appeals should "stay in their own threads where they belong" I apologise once again.

Maybe you also feel that these unfortunates should also stay out of sight and away from public view, so that you don't have to be reminded of such unpleasant things.

Maybe we should bulldoze the Pattaya slums and ship all the inhabitants off to Cambodia, so that they don't disturb our enjoyment of Christmas :D

Close up the mercy Mission as well while we're at it. :D

Mobi - dont get me wrong - what I am saying you should give because you want to give, not because someone asks you to give. Same Same but different. :D

Mercy Mission is a great charity, but I think its better suited in its own thread if the truth be known.

Dear Brit, please will you give a donation to Mercy Mission?

Answer # 1. Dear Tammi, no, I won't give a donation.

Answer # 2. Dear Tammi, yes, I will give a donation.

No sweat if you don't make a donation. Mercy Mission will continue doing what it can to alleviate suffering of the children and poor and needy here in Pattaya.

Charities have to ask. As you probably well know, there are dozens of envelopes from charities that come through one's letter box every year in UK, U.S., and Canada, and probably elsewhere as well. Here in Thailand that doesn't happen. I see nothing wrong with using a much viewed topic to ask for donations. On Pattaya forum we have to put up with all these prostitution and perversion and other topics about the underbelly of Pattaya. Why not balance the topic with something good that is happening here? :o

Well all I can say is that if you can give the odd plug for such a worthwhile cause The Mercy Mission and get people`s attention even if not particularly relevant to that thread then well done.

After all this is the season of goodwill...... and a time of giving :o

Also may I take this opportunity to once again thank Mobi for bringing the Mercy Mission to our attention and keeping us informed about it`s work. :D

Answer # 2. Dear Tammi, yes, I will have given donation(s) many times. (few other charities as well)

I was never asked I did it because it was a good thing to do. :o

BTW Camillian Center is another worthy charity!!! :D

Absolutely! But I wish Camillian would acknowledge receipt of donations. If it wasn't so far away from me I would volunteer to do it's bookkeeping.

How about all you lovely guys forego the pleasures of the flesh for just one night and instead send the money to MERCY MISSION to help it in all its good work with the Street Children, in the slums, and so many other needful places?

You must remember Tammi that everyone who "has the money" and is doing the "spending" has the sole right as to how he/she disburses the dosh.

If you mission is to make people feel guilty then you're way off track and are doomed to failure :o

I agree with you 110%. I am not trying to make anybody feel guilt. What's to feel guilty about? Just thought some of you might like to know about Mercy Mission and all the good work they do and feel inclined to give up something and send the money to help places like Mercy Mission attend to the poor, destitute, and abandonded, at this the season of giving. :D

OK.....

To set the record straight. I sponsored a child in Udon Thani via World Vision (WV) for 10 ++ years. I visited her twice meeting the family and being treated (by them) almost like royalty.

After this project concluded, I would have continued with sponsorship however WV in Bangkok persisted in sending out all correspondence in Thai language despite the fact that I have a caucasian name etc. And despiting pointing out to them that I don't read Thai.

Having said that I recognise and applaud the great work that the WV staff do in the various provinces where they have projects.

I have also many times visited the Vieng Ping Orphanage in Chiangmai and, finally, after growing out of my clothes (not after they are worn out) I donate them to an "old folks" home in the city.

I get all the reward I need by purely giving and seeing the look on the childrens / old folks faces rather than anything else.

There is truth in the saying that one gets more pleasure from giving than receiving.

Yes, I'm selfish.

Edited by john b good

Answer # 2. Dear Tammi, yes, I will have given donation(s) many times. (few other charities as well)

I was never asked I did it because it was a good thing to do. :o

BTW Camillian Center is another worthy charity!!! :D

Absolutely! But I wish Camillian would acknowledge receipt of donations. If it wasn't so far away from me I would volunteer to do it's bookkeeping.

Dear Tammi

I am a volunteer at the Camillian Social Center Rayon and I was disturbed to see your posting. As a rule of thumb all donations made to the center receive a recite and a letter of thank you.

Please let me know how much and when you made the donation plus your postal address and I will make sure that it’s done.

We can not survive with out the very kind donations from our supporters.

[email protected]

Best Regards Paul

god god god god god jesus jesus jesus jesus jesus :D:D:D:D:bah:

What is it with these people and all the "charities" run by the crazy religous, belive as I do or you are "damned"people.Yes they do a little bit of good but their main objective is to try and brain wash some young minds into their warped way of beliving in this imaginary thing.

jesus was just a man and he is dead, get over it allready.

If you really want to help poor or disadvantged kids you do not have to give to these religous scam artists.There are any number of ways that you can help directly.

And what does this all have to do with the title of the post......nothing

Like someone said he just got ripped off by a scam.What do you expect when you deal in that side of life.You want to play nasty you will get taken a time or two. :o

god god god god god jesus jesus jesus jesus jesus :D:D:D:D:bah:

What is it with these people and all the "charities" run by the crazy religous, belive as I do or you are "damned"people.Yes they do a little bit of good but their main objective is to try and brain wash some young minds into their warped way of beliving in this imaginary thing.

If you really want to help poor or disadvantged kids you do not have to give to these religous scam artists.There are any number of ways that you can help directly.

Like someone said he just got ripped off by a scam.What do you expect when you deal in that side of life.You want to play nasty you will get taken a time or two. :o

....not even worth a reply

god god god god god jesus jesus jesus jesus jesus :D:D:D:bah::bah:

I do not understand why this offensive and ridiculous post has been allowed to stay. Not only is it offensive to the hard working people who work to better the lives of the unfortunate kids, it is totally and utterly FALSE.

Maybe if I call blue eyes a <deleted>####g t#at, then both offensive posts will be removed!!!!!

Some people, I will never understand :D

I do not understand why this offensive and ridiculous post has been allowed to stay. Not only is it offensive to the hard working people who work to better the lives of the unfortunate kids, it is totally and utterly FALSE.

Maybe if I call blue eyes a <deleted>####g t#at, then both offensive posts will be removed!!!!!

Seconded, Blue eye's post gets removed.

Seconded, Blue eye's post gets removed.

No, leave it on as a permanent reminder to a temporary, we hope, flash of insanity.

btw I agree in a way to blue eye's point that why does charity work almost inevitably come with a religeous overcoat? Surely charity work should be entirely free of politics and religeon. Having said that if the religeous groups were to pull out of charity work altogether there'd be a whole lot more misery in the world. But think about it, what if say the Republican party in the US started doing charity work and "educated" all its charges in the values of republicanism? Would you all sit back and say "That's OK because they are saving the starving people". I guess the counter arguement would be along the lines of "Well we put in all the effort so we are entitled to get something back".

Anyway, it was still a stupid comment to post. :o We are all entitled to our opinions but some are best kept in the bottom drawer.

i think the guy is trying to say he doesn't believe...........up to him

some charities are run as missions, the work is good but as a none believer myself I can see his point

religon is evil..............look at current and past conflicts in our world...tell me i'm wrong

some charities are run as missions, the work is good but as a none believer myself I can see his point

religon is evil..............look at current and past conflicts in our world...tell me i'm wrong

Speaking as someone who has no religion, and in particular has no time for organised religion, there would be a lot more dead and at risk kids in Pattaya if it wasn't for Father Giovanni at the Camillian centre and Fred & Dianne at the the Mercy Mission.

If they want to do it in the name of religion - who are we, who do absolutely nothing, to critisise?

And I can tell you from first hand experience that no religous beliefs are crammed down the kids' throats. They are in the business of saving and protecting lives - not dispensing Christian dogma.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Speaking as someone who has no religion, and in particular has no time for organised religion, there would be a lot more dead and at risk kids in Pattaya if it wasn't for Father Giovanni at the Camillian centre and Fred & Dianne at the the Mercy Mission.

If they want to do it in the name of religion - who are we, who do absolutely nothing, to critisise?

And I can tell you from first hand experience that no religous beliefs are crammed down the kids' throats. They are in the business of saving and protecting lives - not dispensing Christian dogma.

Three cheers to Mobi for bringing the Mercy Mission to our attention. :o

Dont forget we are talking about children in life threatening situations in our own backyard here, through no fault of their own.

Its pretty simple realy. If this issue is of no interest to you . Skip the thread.

Edited by COBBER

as i said.......the work they do is good and invaluable, all credit to them

Well in the spirit of fair reporting there has been a responce from Management

Taken from Pattaya Secrets

""I talked to Koi last night and this is her and Noi's details of what happened. They said the man had agreed to take them out "Bai Teeow" (out for play) and not for sex. Noi went home but then Koi decided to stay with him and go back with him to the hotel as he hadnt paid her yet. When he took a shower she waited and when he came out he wanted sex. She reminded him that this was not the deal and to please pay her. He got upset and refused. She felt very scared and in her version she told him that if he wanted a problem she would call the police. Rape was never mentioned. (This is where the miscommunication took place). He paid her 1,000baht (not 3,000) and she left. IF anyone knows this Richardb and can vouche for him then I might take his story into consideration, otherwise it seems like he embellished it a little to make it seem more dramatic for him. Koi has been a good employee and we have never had this problem before. She has gone with many a customer. She said that she is not angry at him, she just wanted to go home but she felt that he wouldnt let her. Maybe she really did feel threatened? I dont know, I wasnt there. But because I dont know this guy at all, I am going to have to side this time with the girl. Also, if you take a girl out with you, it is customary to pay her, even if you agreed not to have sex. I dont make the rules, I just explain them."

A cultural misunderstanding it seems. I am enrolling on a cultural and gender sensitivity course.

Bangkok is nice toodle pip

""I talked to Koi last night and this is her and Noi's details of what happened. They said the man had agreed to take them out "Bai Teeow" (out for play) and not for sex. Noi went home but then Koi decided to stay with him and go back with him to the hotel as he hadnt paid her yet. When he took a shower she waited and when he came out he wanted sex. She reminded him that this was not the deal and to please pay her. He got upset and refused. She felt very scared and in her version she told him that if he wanted a problem she would call the police. Rape was never mentioned. (This is where the miscommunication took place). He paid her 1,000baht (not 3,000) and she left. IF anyone knows this Richardb and can vouche for him then I might take his story into consideration, otherwise it seems like he embellished it a little to make it seem more dramatic for him. Koi has been a good employee and we have never had this problem before. She has gone with many a customer. She said that she is not angry at him, she just wanted to go home but she felt that he wouldnt let her. Maybe she really did feel threatened? I dont know, I wasnt there. But because I dont know this guy at all, I am going to have to side this time with the girl. Also, if you take a girl out with you, it is customary to pay her, even if you agreed not to have sex. I dont make the rules, I just explain them."

A cultural misunderstanding it seems. I am enrolling on a cultural and gender sensitivity course.

If he agreed to no sex, then he is totally at fault and deserves a good butt kicking! :o

If he agreed to no sex, then he is totally at fault and deserves a good butt kicking! :o

I think the fact that the OP himself has posted the response, gives credence to HIS side of the story.

Maybe a genuine misunderstanding :D

I do hope that these girls understand the danger to health in this kind of work and that Management picks up the bill for regualr testing.

Probably was a miscommunication. Communicating is soooo difficult even between husband and wife. Maybe even more so!

""I talked to Koi last night and this is her and Noi's details of what happened. They said the man had agreed to take them out "Bai Teeow" (out for play) and not for sex. Noi went home but then Koi decided to stay with him and go back with him to the hotel as he hadnt paid her yet.

He BF'd her and her friend...took them for drinks and whatever....why would he need to pay her when he has paid for everything already....it is not customary to pay them unless a service has been provided...most girls are happy to have a night off, have a few drinks and go home early.

Edited by gburns57au

I do hope that these girls understand the danger to health in this kind of work and that Management picks up the bill for regualr testing.

Probably was a miscommunication. Communicating is soooo difficult even between husband and wife. Maybe even more so!

Tammi, that question was a bit naive....the girls are very aware of the dangers of the work they do. They are not all naive and illiterate girls from the country and even those that are naive and illiterate are looked after by the more experienced girls.

Mostly the girls arrange their own tests, there are bars that wont employ girls unless they have regular checks and a few bars do foot the bill for the girls.

Tammi, that question was a bit naive....the girls are very aware of the dangers of the work they do. They are not all naive and illiterate girls from the country and even those that are naive and illiterate are looked after by the more experienced girls.

Mostly the girls arrange their own tests, there are bars that wont employ girls unless they have regular checks and a few bars do foot the bill for the girls.

Just checking, just checking.

Have read OP again. Why would the girl go to the hotel with OPoster? Maybe to play Scrabble or chat about the weather?

All the bars should foot the bill for medical expenses. It really is time these women are protected. I know one bar owner on Walking Street - says the bar is a goldmine. I must find out how he treats his bar girls. I won't be happy if I find out that he doesn't look after the medicals and that they are disposable when they get sick.

Yes and to comply with these rules they just go to the clinic,handover 100 baht and get a checked stamp in their book without any testing.All done in 2 minutes.

Yes and to comply with these rules they just go to the clinic,handover 100 baht and get a checked stamp in their book without any testing.All done in 2 minutes.

Health checks should be responsibility of the bar owner and his wife - I think usually the mamasan and a Thai - to make sure health checks are properly done. Bar owners' books should be stamped. But that is naive! They will just pay a few thousand baht for the stamps.

How do other countries where prostitution is legal, handle all this?