No Bahtbuses on Soi Buakhao?

AbeSurd

7 hours ago, AbeSurd said:

Care to expand?

One of my sources is in South Pattaya and the other in Central Pattaya, so that's both ends of Soi Buakhao.

Ok you listen to them,ignore the fact that I,ve (30 minutes ago) just got off one :whistling:

1 minute ago, siam2007 said:

new rules came into effect February 1st - once again. Let's see how long it lasts.

this pic was taken on 2nd road near Pattaya Tai intersection road last week

P1261221.JPG

I don't think that refers to baht buses. There has been a change from vans to MINIBUSES for LONG DISTANCE travel. That's not baht buses. 

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think that refers to baht buses. There has been a change from vans to MINIBUSES for LONG DISTANCE travel. That's not baht buses. 

that refers 100% to the Baht-Buses which are not called Baht-Buses by Thais themselves.

Plenty of "Bus stops" painted in red too on 2nd road. No long-distance "Minivans" whatsoever plying this route

8 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

that refers 100% to the Baht-Buses which are not called Baht-Buses by Thais themselves.

Plenty of "Bus stops" painted in red too on 2nd road. No long-distance "Minivans" whatsoever plying this route

I disagree that Thais don't refer to baht buses as baht buses. In fact, historically when city hall does press releases in English about them they call them baht buses. Also recently in the news there has been a big stink about long distance van safety and how they will be replaced by MINIBUSES. I don't claim to know exactly what is happening now with baht buses but don't try to sell B.S. about 100 percent this or that.

You could easily find hundreds of examples like this, but here's one:

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/baht-buses-to-get-safety-upgrade-47653

Pattaya superintendent Pol. Col. Sukthat Pumpunmuang said the purpose of the Safe Baht Bus Project is to train taxi drivers to drive safely, and protect passengers and their valuables.

Edited by Jingthing

9 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

It's certainly true that the authorities have tried to enforce these fixed stops for bahtbuses before.

Definitely no bahtbuses  all day yesterday. With very few exceptions. Rogue drivers? However nighttime several bahtbuses seen. We will see today...It was a major discussion point amongst Thais and foreigners living along Bouakao yesterday. Regards MS>

Edited by moonseeker

6 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

Definitely no bahtbuses  all day yesterday. With very few exceptions. Rogue drivers? However nighttime several bahtbuses seen. We will see today...It was a major discussion point amongst Thais and foreigners living along Bouakao yesterday. Regards MS>

Thank you! I have to go that way today. I'll have a backup plan to take another route if necessary.

7 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Must have been ghost bahtbuses that I used early in the afternoon and observed later in the evening from by barstool for a couple of hours.................bloody hell I,m seeing things :whistling:

I got a bahtbus on Wednesday and as it was crowded I jumped in the front with the driver

I had noticed the driver had not stopped for a passenger before I got on (I was at a bus stop)

and I noticed he only dropped off and picked up at bus stops, and I asked him whats that about

and he said" police monkeyhouse" which I took as meaning a new rule by police.

A couple of lads confirmed no bus's on soi buchou for all that afternoon.    

I always reckoned that the struggle to stop baht buses stopping where they want wasn't about driver education but all about passenger education. If they banned the 'request stop' and the lazy buggers walked to the designated stops, things would move better for everyone. The recent campaign to repaint and re-designate bus stops is maybe part of a bigger plan that comes with a degree of enforcement. We live in hope.

I was always pissed off at the baht buses that would park up on the red/white zones on Klang just south of the Big C Extra frontage and not use the designated yellow/white taxi rank 'lay by'. They did this so they can make a very inconvenient u-turn across traffic if a fare requested to head back towards the beach. If they used the lay-by, they would be compelled to use Paniadchang and 'u-turn' via the back of Big C and Third Road. Another bad location was outside Best Supermarket at Dolphin roundabout where taxis would take up all the kerbside well beyond their designated yellow/white. I noted that the kerb from the roundabout and all the way past Best is now red/white (except for a space outside a beer and liquor supplier and the official taxi rank is now opposite the hotel. Totally buggers any chance of a quick stop for shopping at Best though!

With regard to Buakhao, the narrow street is more of a challenge when there are baht buses crawling along and stopping wherever the passengers want. If there are no designated bus stops painted anywhere on Buakhao, maybe the baht buses can't operate there. 

I was on one a few days ago and as usual if you are the last person before second Rd they just kick you off and do a U turn
Not all the time but happens a lot.
And if they ban them how are people supposed to get around?

I haven't noticed stops nor have I been looking for them. I've just been flagging but have noticed a lot of passing the flagging. Are there any stops at all in Jomtien? That's my point, how can they enforce a stops rule when there aren't stops. 

Edited by Jingthing