Trump's refugee order triggers protests across Australia

rooster59

Posts containing derogatory slurs have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, katana said:

And how many have you taken in? Easy to be generous when it doesn't directly affect you.

I've already answered this question raised by Giddyup. Don't know why he 'liked' your comment, guess he's reconfirming lack of comprehension skills as demonstrated throughout this topic. Moving along it's a comment often raised as an attempt to close down discussion, equally so with comments such as 'snowflake', PC, leftists, blah blah very hypocritical by those of the right who claim to support free speech.

Getting back to the topic, I see that Trump's edict to temporarily close the borders to those from Muslim majority countries, (which will of course block any non Muslims fleeing persecution) has now been overruled by a Federal Judge. As usual Trump has insulted the Judge, not looking good for upholding the Constitution and rule of law under the Trump Administration.

Edited by simple1

6 hours ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Gangs in urban environments. Color me surprised.

Why highlight the Somali aspect and not the Pacific Islander aspect? Clearly your deck is replete with race cards. Anti-immigration freaks are all about race. No points to be earned for such blatant and obvious conclusions.

Following is how your source describes itself:

The New Observer is a free and independent news service designed to present current affairs without the spin of the controlled media.

http://newobserveronline.com/about-us/

So now we understand your perspective. You can shove your gambling metaphors. Just another scaremonger, anti-immigrant blowhard.

Just another ostrich with his head in the sand. BTW, I didn't highlight the fact they were Somalis the media did, and the media also mentioned they had clashes with Pacific Islanders. I guess if the police are looking for someone and he is being described as black, that's racist? You take PC to absurdity.

Edited by giddyup

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

I've already answered this question raised by Giddyup. Don't know why he 'liked' your comment, guess he's reconfirming lack of comprehension skills as demonstrated throughout this topic. Moving along it's a comment often raised as an attempt to close down discussion, equally so with comments such as 'snowflake', PC, leftists, blah blah very hypocritical by those of the right who claim to support free speech.

Getting back to the topic, I see that Trump's edict to temporarily close the borders to those from Muslim majority countries, (which will of course block any non Muslims fleeing persecution) has now been overruled by a Federal Judge. As usual Trump has insulted the Judge, not looking good for upholding the Constitution and rule of law under the Trump Administration.

You support a couple of Thais, whoopee! That solves the refugee crisis. I give to a couple of charities as well, I'm doing my bit. Oh, and I adopted a soi dog, does that count?

Edited by giddyup

53 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Just another ostrich with his head in the sand. BTW, I didn't highlight the fact they were Somalis the media did, and the media also mentioned they had clashes with Pacific Islanders. I guess if the police are looking for someone and he is being described as black, that's racist? You take PC to absurdity.

Doesn't really do your credibility quoting from a dedicated bigots site. Official sources shed more accurate info.. it's unbelievable VIC Police are unable to counter an estimated 150 member group youth gang, though some have been deported for criminal offences.

Southern Metro Assistant Police Commissioner Bob Hill said the gang, originally consisting of young men of Sudanese descent, had grown to up to 150 members from a variety of backgrounds and from across Melbourne.

He said the expansion came after Apex merged with another gang, YCW, which comprised young people from Caucasian, Pacific Islander, Maori, Afghan and Indian backgrounds.

"They're disengaged with their family, their community; they're disengaged with their family values, their community values and their faith," he said.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/melbourne-cbd-brawl-who-are-the-apex-gang-20160314-gnima2.html

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Doesn't really do your credibility quoting from a dedicated bigots site. Official sources shed more accurate info.. it's unbelievable VIC Police are unable to counter an estimated 150 member group youth gang, though some have been deported for criminal offences.

Southern Metro Assistant Police Commissioner Bob Hill said the gang, originally consisting of young men of Sudanese descent, had grown to up to 150 members from a variety of backgrounds and from across Melbourne.

He said the expansion came after Apex merged with another gang, YCW, which comprised young people from Caucasian, Pacific Islander, Maori, Afghan and Indian backgrounds.

"They're disengaged with their family, their community; they're disengaged with their family values, their community values and their faith," he said.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/melbourne-cbd-brawl-who-are-the-apex-gang-20160314-gnima2.html

I could have picked from one of a dozen news reports, I just picked that one at random, so don't make something out of what's not there.

I wasn't in the room when Trump had his call with he Australian PM but I do know that transcripts are made of each cal and someone in the know reported the way the call went and the words Trump used and they were not diplomatic nor were they the type of words to be used wih an American Ally. Had I been in he room- I would have informed Mr Trump that his demenour and choice of words were un Presidential. Unfortunately, I doubt any of his minions had the guts to do that. Instead, the next day, they were on a salvage mission meeting with the Australian ambassador trying to soothe bruised feelings.

I would like to see Trmp apologize but better yet I would rather have him resign. Undoubtedly, he wil go down in history as the worst President ever.

Thailand has the right approach to lying 'asylum seekers' refugees, the 'oppressed poor' and the unwanted everywhere- clear off we don't want you and if we catch you it will be IDC with no appeals or human rights nonsense. The west if just too soft.

14 hours ago, Thaidream said:

While on the surface it appears that America is taking Australia's problems into America. However, a closer look will show that Australia has agreed to base almost 3,000 US troops on its territory and  support the American effort to defeat ISIS. In addition, Australia and the US have a long history of friendship and co-operation and Australians have fought alongside the American military and spilled blood.

For me, as an American, there is no reason why the US should not help ou Australia in settling refugees. They will be properly vetted and the small number will not even be noticeable in a country with America's population. 

I don't kow exactly what Trump said to the Australian PM but if the reports are correct- Trump Was not diplomatic and terminated the call before other issues could be discussed. This not the way an Ally should be treated . Trump should apologize but of course he won't.

Trump was lucky he didn't get the average Australian who probably would have told him to <deleted> Off and rightly so.

Just east of San Diego, CA there is a town called El Cajon, and it had a small area of Middle East people in it ( refugees ) under 500.

Now there are more then 80,000 of them.

1 minute ago, doggie1955 said:

Just east of San Diego, CA there is a town called El Cajon, and it had a small area of Middle East people in it ( refugees ) under 500.

There is a bottomless pit of potential refugees, the bleeding hearts insist that we should just keep taking them until we have emptied out all the sh*tholes they come from, until where we live now resembles the same sh*thole.

On a topic of this nature I am surprised that people who make comments don't own to who they are..... like I'm an Aussie 2nd gen. Christian, and 53 years old. Now everyone can get a handle on the relevance on my comment. 

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

1,000 people gathered in Sydney to protest against Trump’s executive order on immigration and to call on Australia to close its offshore processing centres on the tiny Pacific Island of Nauru and Manus Island in Papua New Guinea.

Piss poor opposition to what Trump intends to do, so few people turned out so it appears the majority are in support of his tough stance on muslims

15 hours ago, NumbNut said:

It is not illegal to be a refugee.

Certainly isn't but when they destroy their identification, come in under false passports, tell lies about from whence they came, skip past the first safe country, pay smugglers thousand of dollars to come by boat, then they cease to be refugees and upgrade themselves to illegals.  :wai:

11 minutes ago, doggie1955 said:

I call Total BS on this number , Google gives the population of El Cajon at 103,000,

I am not saying that there are not more , but it is not 80% of the total population,

But then I have not been there for a couple months ,  so maybe I missed the 800 busloads of Arabs heading down the 8 freeway  :)

15 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

Oh, I  omitted to ask,  are most of the protesters millenials who have been trained not to think?

Of course they are and the majority are on government handouts, you know, the non-working type.  Oh, and of course you don't have to guess what side of politics they're on.  It's a shame they don't get off their a#$@ to protest about the homeless, what the government is doing to pensioners, the cost of electricity, the corruption in government, the A$500+B debt.

I could go on and on but I won't, as whatever I say won't make one iota, it just allows me to vent at these P's who only do things to suit their agenda.  Feel better now and had my coffee as well.:wai:

11 minutes ago, oldcarguy said:

I call Total BS on this number , Google gives the population of El Cajon at 103,000,

I am not saying that there are not more , but it is not 80% of the total population,

But then I have not been there for a couple months ,  so maybe I missed the 800 busloads of Arabs heading down the 8 freeway  :)

How many are Arab Christian refugees?

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/letters/what-people-get-wrong-about-iraqi-christians-in-east-county/

That is a matter of government under funding of public housing, not the refugee's fault. To repeat what's been stated in other topics, it's a lie perpetuated by politicians & others that there is an orderly queue for resettlement - as amply demonstrated by the challenges presented by the Trump Administration.

I can't speak to Australia, but the US government funds nothing. They TAKE money from working citizens and redistribute as they please. Generally, this redistribution helps them stay in office.

If conservatives were sneaking across the border, the wall would have been built 50 years ago.

The whole refugee issue is quite complicated but I do believe that the Syran refugees should firstly be resettled in the Middle East.No reason why Saudia Arabia; The Emirates; Jordan and Egypt cannot do more in accepting them or providing funding for safe zones in othe countries.

Perhaps they know better...

There are not 80,000 refugees in El Cajon. I have been there many times. You may want to Google the city and see the ethnic breakdown. At the most, El Cajon has approximately 13,000 Middle East refugees mostly Iraqis and Assyrians.

However, I will stick with my original premise that Middle East refugees are ahppier living in the Middle East. The situation in Syria is a disaster. Trump now has an opportunity to solve the issue.  Russia and the US need to work out an arrangement to end the conflict and if that means leaving the current  Syrian Administration in place- so be it. In addition US forces should be supporting Russian troops fighting ISIS. President Obama wanted regime change but because of this the war went on, Once the fighting stops- there should be a concentrated effort from the West to pour reconstruction money into Syria so the Syrians can return home and live in peace.

IMHO Germany, Sweden and France have made a huge mistake in bringing MIddle East refugees into their countries.  They have not assimilated and will never do so. These refugees have changed the culture of these countries in ways that will have negative affects on future generations. 

The best way to help Middle Eastern displaced persons is to either assist in finding refuge in the Middle East or contribute to stability in the country they came from so they can return.

Government benefits are  extremely important issue for immigrants from any country when deciding which leaky boat they will take. Often there skills are no recognized and their English is poor so little chance of getting a job unless it's for $7.00 per hour. When I travel overseas im often asked what benefits do your government pay when you can't get a job.When I tell them there eyes light up in surprise ..... then I have to explain to them the cost of living in Australia after that the lights in their eyes go out hahhah.

Getting back to the topic, I see that Trump's edict to temporarily close the borders to those from Muslim majority countries....

Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and other majority Muslim countries were not on the list.

I would call you a liar but I assume you're just regurgitating someone else's talking points.

20 minutes ago, pokerface1 said:

Government benefits are  extremely important issue for immigrants from any country when deciding which leaky boat they will take. Often there skills are no recognized and their English is poor so little chance of getting a job unless it's for $7.00 per hour. When I travel overseas im often asked what benefits do your government pay when you can't get a job.When I tell them there eyes light up in surprise ..... then I have to explain to them the cost of living in Australia after that the lights in their eyes go out hahhah.

Yeah but they come back on when certain nationalities find out that because they are allowed to and do have multiple wives, that they get benefits equal to the number they have, be it 2, 3, 4 or more.  Then there are the benefits paid for the number of children they have, up to 7 in some instances.  Some so called refugees, not all, have an income in excess of A$130k per annum, so why wouldn't they want to come here, even despite the expensive cost of living.

To this add the free housing to start with then later, subsidised private housing or placed into subsidised government housing ahead of many who have been in the queue for over 10 years. Then top this up with free furnishings, free medical, it just goes on an on so the lights glow even brighter when they realise that they don't have to work as the poor Ozzie suckers will keep them in a manner to which they have never before been accustomed to. Everything that they can legally claim can see what they receive in cash and benefits total up to almost A$200k pa.  Not a bad lurk if one can get away with it.

You mention skills, what skills, many have none and many elect to remain within their cultures, reside in enclaves, not speak English, or at least pretend not to when it suits them.  Now don't get me wrong, not all refugees fall into this category and many do assimilate and go on to become excellent new citizens and contribute to the country through their hard work and efforts to make a new life for themselves but sadly those who do are in the minority.

Now why are the protesters not up in arms over how some Australian citizens are being treated.  Why, because it does not suit their ideology and many are just as parasitic as some, not all, refugees, who  even after being in Australia for over 5 years  have not worked a day since their arrival.  And it is becoming generational as well. :wai:

Australian policy denied the right to work to some 26,000 people seeking asylum who arrived to Australia by boat after August 13, 2012, when they were released from immigration detention into the community. Many were forced to rely on Centrelink payments to survive.

While the immigration minister began in early 2015 to grant such people the right to work, the process has been administratively difficult and many remain forcibly reliant on Centrelink payments.

Second generation humanitarian entrants have been found to have higher rates of labour market participation than the first generation, and in many cases higher than for second generation Australians.

in 2012 / 2013 Australians received around AUD$60 billion p.a. in welfare payments, refugees approx  AUD1.3 billion p.a. Not one government has ever indicated any cost saving by reducing the number of refugees would be passed onto Australian welfare recipients

Back in 2012 it was mentioned that refugee family union visas can take up to 20 years to be determined.

Some facts and figures from Oz government...

http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp1617/RefugeeResettlement#_Toc461022120.

Edited by simple1

10 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I wasn't in the room when Trump had his call with he Australian PM but I do know that transcripts are made of each cal and someone in the know reported the way the call went and the words Trump used and they were not diplomatic nor were they the type of words to be used wih an American Ally.

Or, someone made up a story - perhaps one of the thousands on the dole from orgs funded by those whose bottom line benefits if entire developed world reduced to "global-wage" poverty. 

10 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Had I been in he room- I would have informed Mr Trump that his demenour and choice of words were un Presidential. Unfortunately, I doubt any of his minions had the guts to do that. Instead, the next day, they were on a salvage mission meeting with the Australian ambassador trying to soothe bruised feelings.

I would like to see Trmp apologize but better yet I would rather have him resign. Undoubtedly, he wil go down in history as the worst President ever.

Undoubtedly, since no other candidate in the race was willing to oppose the two primary "globalist" policies destroying the well-being of the American people - high-immigration and suicide-trade policies - Trump was a better shot than the others.

9 hours ago, Thaidream said:

... Once the fighting stops- there should be a concentrated effort from the West to pour reconstruction money into Syria so the Syrians can return home and live in peace.

I agree.  I only wish we could bill the people who pushed for this war - the Neo-Cons and Council on Foreign Relations types - to pay for the reconstruction.  Ideally, the families of the dead and injured could sue them personally.

In case anyone is unfamiliar with the support from the Rockefeller-created Council on Foreign Relations, which has held top posts in the US-State Dept for a decades, here is an article from the early days, titled "Two Cheers for Syrian Islamists":
foreignpolicy.com/2012/08/23/two-cheers-for-syrian-islamists/

These War-Criminals, who started this war (and many others), should pay for what they have done - ideally serving the rest of their days in The Hague, but I won't hold my breath.  In any case, with the same funds, we can help 12x more of those harmed by this neocon war by helping them in the region, rather than bringing them to our countries.

Why don't the Muslim countries, take in their fellow Muslims, who are presently stuck

in refugee camps. If it is a language issue, then the countries could ask for the world

Bank to give them some financial support to teach these refugees their language.  Why

should other countries, who are predominately non-muslim, the countries taking in

the bulk of these refugees.  

Australia, chill man!  Go have a fosters and enjoy life! What happened, have the Muslims taken over 

Your country, or what?

Geezer

On February 4, 2017 at 4:53 AM, Baerboxer said:

No, I don't think the current Australian government is representative of Australians - certainly not the ones I know on these issues.

But the point is these are anti Trump demonstrations, being orchestrated for a variety of reasons but all against Trump per se, not the actual issue they claim. Same in other countries.

Yeah I can understand that. Which makes me wonder if our American friends have felt any heat because of Trump. Not by other Americans of a different political bent but  from people from other countries. Why I ask is a guy who phoned into a callin show back home said he just came back from Mexico and it was terrible. The  locals were very hostile to Americans. He recommended anyone going down there wear something with a Canadian flag on it. This was Cabo.