SURVEY: Should your home country admit refugees?

SURVEY: Refugees--let them in or keep them out?  

277 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

chang mai

and where do you come from that you deserve the right to be here?

I have no right to be in Thailand. According to the rules I can get unlimited visa exempt entries but that seemed to be problematic since 2015 bought an elite card and dont work here and have done nothing but spend money in Thailand since 1998. I am here at most about 120 days a year and am not requesting refugee status.

I have not invested more than I can afford to lose in Thailand so no problem if it does not work out. Just bought a house in Japan. Life is good.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

'self-declared refugees' - would be those who are referred to as refugees by themselves as well as fuzzy-minded media and lefties even though they are only seeking asylum or have already been refused (or in may cases have not formally claimed asylum, they're just illegals). The second option in your poll postulates an ideal situation where countries take in a quota of those whose identities are not in doubt and have already been declared to be refugees who pose no threat to the proposed host country. But you can't in honesty pose that ideal without also asking 'How many'?

The UK has an estimated 1 million illegal entrants, overstayers and failed asylum seekers milling round the country, a situation which has been allowed to happen by a combination of incompetence by the Home Office, blatant exploitation by a rapacious Human Rights Industry and a general woolly-minded attitude towards the "refugee" and illegals problem.

I merely say that until the country, any country, puts itself in the position of being able to grant residence to those whom it chooses and remove any and all who are not entitled to be there, the welcome to genuine refugees will always be grudging and inadequate. And, incidentally, anyone who believes that Brexit (of which I am in favour) will really give the UK "control of its borders" doesn't really understand what that will take.

I dont disagree with much of what

you say but feel your case would be strengthened if you could disguise your contempt for those who have different views. Expressions such as ' lefties ' and ' fuzzy media ' turn discussions into rants, just as knee jerk accusations of racism or fascism do when presented.

17 hours ago, connda said:

Food for thought: Who creates the wars which creates the refugees?

yes, i agree in this day and age it is not easy to find genuine refugees as so many organisations are involved with their tactics to have these people live in other countries, if you take aussie for instance these so called refugees do not recognize our flag, get 93%  government funding for their schools, WILL NOT work, even when kind hearted people give them many chances, now want our schools to stop singing our national anthem in school because they find it offensive, when asked if they would like to go back to their own country, NO<NO<NO. and people wonder why some of us are not happy  , when i fight with some one, and lose i do not run to mummy and seek comfort, they need to stay in their country and sort out these problems..... 

When I saw the hordes of ???? Refugees?? pouring into Europe, I thought it looked strange that the vast majority of them were young men. They wanted to escape the violence?  They ran away and left their children and wives unprotected? Wouldn't your families be worth fighting for?

On 2/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, i claudius said:

The only time they should be allowed in is if they are willing to completely integrate into the society ,live amongst any other race and never demand anything , we all know who this would exclude .

I hate to admit it...but I agree with you

There are a few on here that say we don't integrate,the usual left wing crowd,but ok we are older and maybe do not learn the language ,but our kids do ,they marry Thai girls,as do we and don't go against the gov't and within their generation they are completely integrated ,just like many immigrants to the west,but one faith does not,and it is not acceptable

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Personally I dont think immigrants to America should have to integrate, or even speak English if they dont want to. Very good thing about America is you can live any lifestyle you like as long as is legal and does not affect how others live theirs. Unconstitutional Sharia law pushed on non muslims, mutilating female children and child marriage (yes the most barbaric examples). Now these people coming from dangerous, corrupt, racist, homophobic, religious fanatic shiteholes are trying to remake USA into what they escaped from.

America is a grate country to to be A muslim as long, but you gotta accept pluralism. Please don't demand change the school lunch menu. If you don't want a certain thing just don't eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All very utopian, but they don't work like that.  First it's halal meat for everybody, then private sharia courts, then a shop refuses to sell you a bottle of alcohol because they can't touch it, then there's a 'all girls wear a headscarf' day to see what it's like.  They never stop gently pushing, pushing, pushing.

On 2/5/2017 at 11:27 AM, Scott said:

I have never heard of 'self-declared refugees', but I have heard of those who have been screened and determined to be refugees.   Countries sometimes set their own criteria for what they will admit.  

You mean screening with a 5 square meter sieve ... that a squad of ISIS could fall through ... naive beyond .... 

On 6/2/2560 at 6:36 PM, ThaiPauly said:

On 6/2/2560 at 7:01 PM, i claudius said:

There are a few on here that say we don't integrate,the usual left wing crowd,but ok we are older and maybe do not learn the language ,but our kids do ,they marry Thai girls,as do we and don't go against the gov't and within their generation they are completely integrated ,just like many immigrants to the west,but one faith does not,and it is not acceptable

In summary we "act like guests".....

Which is how it should be when you are an alien in a host country.

On 2/5/2017 at 0:59 PM, Baerboxer said:

Whereas all the Aussies, Yanks, French, German, Japs, Koreans, Chinese, Indians and Africans all integrate perfectly and simply blend in without ever complaining about anything.:whistling:

To a much much greater degree than a certain pseudo religious political cult group --- absolutely -- Yes ... on a comparison basis Yes ... on a contrast basis Yes ...people on  your list integrate a 1000 times better ... 

On 2/5/2017 at 1:22 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

In the U.S  a large minority if not a majority of families can trace there origins back to another country.

My family is from England on the mothers side and French-Canadian on my fathers side.

If you know your history most of the native born Americans are from immigrant roots.

we as Americans  hate to admit it but our country was built by foreigners since the 1500's.

I know that is not popular now but it is in fact the truth.

Now that our society has  become fat, stupid, and lazy we want to forget the fact that we are all immigrants from somewhere.

Fear is what breeds irrationality, and now Americans are afraid.

that is why we have Trump as president, irrational fear.

That is my opinion, whether you like it or not.

For more years than I can easily recall - the U.S. A. has been allowing new citizens from foreign countries at a rate higher than the combination of dozens of other Western Countries ... something in the neighborhood of 2 million new immigrant citizens every 3 years... Yet somehow America is not pulling its load --  balderdash ... Not only that the USA has stupidly allowed over 20 million Illegal aliens to just become squatters in America - mostly from Mexico and Central American but millions combined from India, China, South American countries, African countries, Mid East countries ... yet America is vilified ... All you critics of America should get a fricken education... 

On 2/5/2017 at 1:33 PM, ELVIS123456 said:

Well said sir !!  This is the heart of the issue. 

As one of millions of children who migrated after WW2 I know exactly what it means to go to another country to live.  Whilst there was some 'settling in' period, and later for the other groups of migrants who came from other countries, the inevitable result was peaceful integration. This has NOT been the case for one particular group who started arriving in numbers since the late 90s. The more that come from this group, the more the problems increased.  Whilst many people  of some groups integrated less than others (eg. china town), they still peacefully adopted and did not threaten or demand changes to our culture (live and let live). 

History shows that the Muslim culture has never (not once) peacefully integrated into another culture/civilisation. The reality is that they incompatible with western societies - period. Their culture is one based on the overthrow and domination of all other cultures. 

There is only one outcome in my opinion. Either the muslim 'church' will be reformed from within, as was the Christian 'church' in 15/16 centuries, or they will be driven out - as was previously done in most of southern Europe. Actually, there is another - they will win and in 200 years our people and culture will become Muslim.

And most all significant traces of the previous non Muslim population will be obliterated ... 

On 2/5/2017 at 2:33 PM, i claudius said:

Yes your right,we do ,we don't live in falang only ghettos,we tend to marry out of our faith ,don't demand that Christian churches are built, and don't demand that the courts are the same as in our own country's, and when we don't get our way we don't demonstrate in the streets,so glad you agree with me

Absolutely EXCELLENT and ACCURATE summation ... caps for enthusiastic emphasis 

On 2/5/2017 at 4:56 PM, phantomfiddler said:

What on earth are you talking about ! Brits come here and demand NOTHING from the Thai government, and many that I know are receiving virtually nothing from their own government. They have worked abroad, saved their money, and prefer living away from a country that is inexorably going down the drain.

Bravo - right on the mark ... I know practically no Western Farangs who expect much or demand much from Thai society or the government...we go along to get along

On 2/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, i claudius said:

The only time they should be allowed in is if they are willing to completely integrate into the society ,live amongst any other race and never demand anything...  we all know who this would exclude .

"we all know who this would exclude ."

.. A lot of expats in Thailand??

Edited by Suradit69

When I saw the hordes of ???? Refugees?? pouring into Europe, I thought it looked strange that the vast majority of them were young men. They wanted to escape the violence?  They ran away and left their children and wives unprotected? Wouldn't your families be worth fighting for?

I must be missing something. I wasn't aware that as an expat to Thailand that I was entitled to free housing, medical care and an income from welfare. Here I thought that I had to pay my own way or live under a bridge and starve to death.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:21 PM, lungbing said:

All very utopian, but they don't work like that.  First it's halal meat for everybody, then private sharia courts, then a shop refuses to sell you a bottle of alcohol because they can't touch it, then there's a 'all girls wear a headscarf' day to see what it's like.  They never stop gently pushing, pushing, pushing.

stop taking drugs and listening to Fox News.  

On 2/7/2017 at 7:39 PM, JDGRUEN said:

For more years than I can easily recall - the U.S. A. has been allowing new citizens from foreign countries at a rate higher than the combination of dozens of other Western Countries ... something in the neighborhood of 2 million new immigrant citizens every 3 years... Yet somehow America is not pulling its load --  balderdash ... Not only that the USA has stupidly allowed over 20 million Illegal aliens to just become squatters in America - mostly from Mexico and Central American but millions combined from India, China, South American countries, African countries, Mid East countries ... yet America is vilified ... All you critics of America should get a fricken education... 

your numbers and comparison are wrong,  you don't have sense of proportion neither how to make difference between legal immigrants, refugees, illegal immigrants etc...

Canada with 10% of population of USA, get more than 250000 immigrants each year which is proportional to 2.5 million comparatively to USA population.

You understand what I mean.