SURVEY: Should your home country admit refugees?

SURVEY: Refugees--let them in or keep them out?  

277 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Genuine refugees are fleeing some form of persecution or danger. They have to accept protection from the first safe country they arrive at. Those people may chose to stay in their new county and if so should assimilate and integrate and make an effort to do so.

Illegal economic migrants are not refugees. They are trying to avoid legal immigration and to cherry pick the country they want to go to where they expect they will be given the most free. This idea they can illegally enter and cross many countries and then have an entitlement to simply plant themselves on a country of their choosing which must accept and provide for them, whilst they make no effort at integrating is very different to a refugee.

Countries have their own criteria and rules to help genuine refugees. The others are simply illegal immigrants and should be treated as such.

Excellent! You hit the nail on the head!

Edited by ross163103
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, most Brits in Thailand.

Yes your right,we do ,we don't live in falang only ghettos,we tend to marry out of our faith ,don't demand that Christian churches are built, and don't demand that the courts are the same as in our own country's, and when we don't get our way we don't demonstrate in the streets,so glad you agree with me

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Just now, i claudius said:

Yes your right,we do ,we don't live in falang only ghettos,we tend to marry out of our faith ,don't demand that Christian churches are built, and don't demand that the courts are the same as in our own country's, and when we don't get our way we don't demonstrate in the streets,so glad you agree with me

We aren't being housed, given free medical, and supported financially either, but I'm sure we'd show a little gratitude if we were, not bite the hand that feeds us.

4 hours ago, i claudius said:

The only time they should be allowed in is if they are willing to completely integrate into the society ,live amongst any other race and never demand anything , we all know who this would exclude .

Yeah I do! My Croatian grandmother immigrating to Canada. She barely learned english, stuck with her own community, but knew what she wanted from the country: a place where her CHILDREN could grow up in better circumstances and fully integrate into Canadian society.

We will keep our chocolate and don't want Hungarians and polish in service industries.My friend is a big farmer in Norfolk and he is sick of the sight of them always having knife fights.Bring in any one from out side there groups and they are run off.Any one huge enters a country a legally should never be made legal.And when picked up held till deported not released to report as they do to disappear again.

5 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Yeah I do! My Croatian grandmother immigrating to Canada. She barely learned english, stuck with her own community, but knew what she wanted from the country: a place where her CHILDREN could grow up in better circumstances and fully integrate into Canadian society.

Therein lies the problem. Some cultures don't even want their children to integrate, especially the girls.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Therein lies the problem. Some cultures don't even want their children to integrate, especially the girls.

And therein lies yet another problem. Its easy to apply cultural stereotypes, but not so easy to determine the thoughts/goals of an individual.

In that way she fully integrated and would be welcome ,the fact she was an old lady and was unable to herself has no bearing as her family did integrate

Sorry, have not read each of everyone's comments so I apologize if I repeat someone's comment. Hmm, refugees, so cut me some slack as I am an American. My DNA came to the British American colonies as a refugee, you see we were Quakers fleeing religious treatment in Europe. Hmm, Grandfather Jacob Meyer came from Germany for better economic opportunities and would fight in the Revolution (do not expect me to blindly follow the law or not rebel against perceived injustice). Through DNA testing it appears I have Ashkenazi blood so please, let's not get into Protestants killing Catholics/ vice versa and almost good Cristians killing Jewish refugees. I am a student of history but OK, enough. Yes, my country must take in refugees in general and accept current responsibility for the military intervention causing a great deal of refugees. We have a current vetting process. No serious faults have been found in this process so... I must say I see no reason for The Donald's actions and no justification. At best it is incompetence, at worst done on purpose driven by ignorance.

17 hours ago, mikebike said:

I grew up with immigrants in Canada after ww2 and Japanese that were interned in our area. They were great neighbours and friends. They cherished what Canada offered them. Hardworking,family people.They worked hard to educate their children and creat good future for their family. Canada was fortunate to have them. They brought a lot of good. 

These new refugees leave with much doubt. I wonder,if they offer Canada anything other than expense,civil disorder,and crime.It appears that where they go violence,crime and disrespect for those trying to help them comes with them.

I am all for immgration. But in these times extreme vetting is must. The world has changed and immgration must change with it.

mikebike I lived near many people like your grandmother and let me say even if people like her could not speak english they got a lot of respect from all the community, for the values they held and their work ethic. They were definitely integrated in spirit and well accepted

2 hours ago, i claudius said:

I don't and anyone who can actually read knows that I didn't!

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

And therein lies yet another problem. Its easy to apply cultural stereotypes, but not so easy to determine the thoughts/goals of an individual.

When I see it, I'll applaud it.

Edited by giddyup
I grew up with immigrants in Canada after ww2 and Japanese that were interned in our area. They were great neighbours and friends. They cherished what Canada offered them. Hardworking,family people.They worked hard to educate their children and creat good future for their family. Canada was fortunate to have them. They brought a lot of good. 
  These new refugees leave with much doubt. I wonder,if they offer Canada anything other than expense,civil disorder,and crime.It appears that where they go violence,crime and disrespect for those trying to help them comes with them.
 I am all for immgration. But in these times extreme vetting is must. The world has changed and immgration must change with it.
 mikebike I lived near many people like your grandmother and let me say even if people like her could not speak english they got a lot of respect from all the community, for the values they held and their work ethic. They were definitely integrated in spirit and well accepted

Thing is euro immigrants experiences differ greatly from others. My best friend is Japanese Canadian and his family's experience differs widely from mine.

Also Canada has been, philasophically, a cultural mosaic rather than melting pot which makes integration less of a hill to climb.
6 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Yes, most Brits in Thailand.

What on earth are you talking about ! Brits come here and demand NOTHING from the Thai government, and many that I know are receiving virtually nothing from their own government. They have worked abroad, saved their money, and prefer living away from a country that is inexorably going down the drain.

2 hours ago, koolkarl said:

Has Thailand let in any muslim refugees?

There is many things going wrong in Thailand, but one of the things they have right is how they treat illegal immigrants (in boats) and illegal entries claiming refugee status. 

They turn illegal boats away at gun point - telling them what direction and how far it is to Malaysia (or back there).

They lock-up illegal refugees in camps, and make them wait for years for UN vetting and ID checking - and of course they let them leave when they give up waiting.

The vast majority of current refugees are Muslims leaving the middle east. Some are genuine, but most are just seeking to 'feed' off the western culture that they hate. Near every single middle east country are similar countries that refuse them entry, or offer them nothing other than a UN refugee camp like in Thailand where they will have to stay for years while they are processed.

Australia and Thailand has it right - they deny entry and detain all illegals claiming to be refugees. They accept a suitable number of refugees that have been through the UN processes, and then through their own vetting.  The reason is simple - without imposing these rules, many illegals will take advantage and they WILL create lots of social and criminal problems - like in Europe.  Saying that Muslims causing all the problems they are doing in Europe is just 'settling in' is naive stupid left-wing thinking that has created the problems they are now experiencing.

Yes - many Muslims integrate to an extent that is acceptable and beneficial to the western culture/country they move to. But unfortunately, after over 20+ years of such migration, the evidence is that clearly they are not the majority. 

3 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

What on earth are you talking about ! Brits come here and demand NOTHING from the Thai government, and many that I know are receiving virtually nothing from their own government. They have worked abroad, saved their money, and prefer living away from a country that is inexorably going down the drain.

My post was in response to this:

"The only time they should be allowed in is if they are willing to completely integrate into the society ,live amongst any other race and never demand anything , we all know who this would exclude. "

The issue is not about demanding anything, the issue is a willingness to totally and completely integrate which includes becoming fluent in speaking, reading and writing) the native language and learning the history (think life in the UK test). Now do you understand!

23 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

My post was in response to this:

"The only time they should be allowed in is if they are willing to completely integrate into the society ,live amongst any other race and never demand anything , we all know who this would exclude. "

The issue is not about demanding anything, the issue is a willingness to totally and completely integrate which includes becoming fluent in speaking, reading and writing) the native language and learning the history (think life in the UK test). Now do you understand!

There is a big difference between integrating, learning the language etc when that country has offered you sanctuary and in a lot of cases supporting you and your family financially, than coming to Thailand as a guest only and supporting yourself. I appreciate that Thailand lets me remain here as a guest, but I owe the country nothing other than politeness and respect of it's laws and citizens.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I appreciate that Thailand lets me remain here as a guest, but I owe the country nothing other than politeness and respect of it's laws and citizens.

I would expect to give the same,  and I would ask no more of visitors to my own country.