SURVEY: Should your home country admit refugees?

SURVEY: Refugees--let them in or keep them out?  

277 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

Punish the innocent for others misdemeanors. 

Closer to home are you saying the Royhinga in Myanmar are responsible for their own persecution 

I'm not going to get into specific cases, and I never said anyone was responsible for their own persecution, but people can be very magnanimous until it affects them directly. I don't see mass migration from one basket case country to another well governed affluent country as being the answer. Sooner or later people have to get their own house in order. Pretty easy to piggyback on someone else who has already fought for freedom, democracy and a good standard of living.

Edited by giddyup
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, i claudius said:

on the whole we are not allowed to work here

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Falangs aren't immigrants, we have to pay our own way in Thailand, bit different than asylum seekers who are leeching off a wealthier country.

refugees and asylum seekers are per definition not immigrants.

Just now, giddyup said:

Didn't I say "a bit different than"?

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Didn't I say "a bit different than"?

you referred to Farangs. i referred to your assumption "asylum seekers leeching...".

3 minutes ago, Naam said:

you referred to Farangs. i referred to your assumption "asylum seekers leeching...".

My point was that there are no handouts for falangs in Thailand, either support yourself or go home.

Edited by giddyup
  • 1 month later...
On 20/03/2017 at 1:44 PM, Naam said:

refugees and asylum seekers are per definition not immigrants.

They used to be know as "Illegal immigrants" but then the do gooders decided it was everybody's human right to live in Europe...

Governments need to grow a pair, and only allow the people who want to resettle in a new country to go there, what i see in australia, is a bunch of people coming into my country not willing to follow our rules do not want to work at all, getting huge hand outs, not wanting to learn our language, being paid for 3 wives, and yet the very people who paid their txes and worked all their lives just get a very substandard pension, and people ask me why i do not like these people?? i think it is as plain as the nose on my face, they are not poor refugees, for us with our eyes open wide, they want everything and most governments are just too weak to stand up and stop this rot.....

On 2017-5-23 at 7:55 PM, hoffy66 said:

Governments need to grow a pair, and only allow the people who want to resettle in a new country to go there, what i see in australia, is a bunch of people coming into my country not willing to follow our rules do not want to work at all, getting huge hand outs, not wanting to learn our language, being paid for 3 wives, and yet the very people who paid their txes and worked all their lives just get a very substandard pension, and people ask me why i do not like these people?? i think it is as plain as the nose on my face, they are not poor refugees, for us with our eyes open wide, they want everything and most governments are just too weak to stand up and stop this rot.....

Has the government ever stated that it would increase welfare payments if they could reduce the number of  welfare recipients? Answer - No

If your country has participated in policies that have contributed to people becoming refugees, then yes. If a country has profited by supporting ruthless dictators simply because it serves their own national interests (arms sales, exploitation of natural resources) then also yes. I think most of the countries in the West are guilty to some degree.

On 2/5/2017 at 10:27 AM, chiang mai said:

Yes, most Brits in Thailand.

Yep ,  the  know all ,  Brits    who choose  to leave the  UK  and  now  live  ,  in LOS ,

know sweet,,,    555

Edited by elliss
20 hours ago, elliss said:

Yep ,  the  know all ,  Brits    who choose  to leave the  UK  and  now  live  ,  in LOS ,

know sweet,,,    555

I am one of the "know all" Brits who left the UK.  However, I still pay UK income tax on my pensions and I have to prove to Thai immigration that I have enough money to support myself here.  Thailand gives me nothing.  The recent killer of  UK children in Manchester was born of immigrants accepted in the UK, educated, given student loans for further education and still thought it furthered his cause to kill over 20 people.

The UK has nothing to be ashamed of in our treatment of immigrants but it was a mistake not to insist on integration and then even to bend the rules to favour them.

Just to say, in case nobody did earlier in the thread, that it is ridiculous IMO to count students coming to UK-universities, amongst the headline immigration figure.

The UK makes good money over 3-4 years from these genuine-students, and they're being put off by the unwelcoming image which the country now has, we should be trying to attract them !

Of course this doesn't go for the fake-students, supposedly studying at complicit fake-colleges, while in-reality working at whatever they can find. This trade needs to be cracked-down upon, obviously.