Father of Louvre attacker says son is not a terrorist

rooster59

Father of Louvre attacker says son is not a terrorist

By Seham Eloraby

640x640 (5).jpg

Reda Abdullah al-Hamamy, the father of Abdullah Reda al-Hamamy who is suspected of attacking a soldier in Paris' Louvre museum, speaks during an interview with Reuters in Daqahliya, Egypt, February 4, 2017. REUTERS/Mohamed Abd El Ghany

CAIRO (Reuters) - The father of the machete-wielding man who was shot by a guard as he tried to enter Paris's Louvre museum said on Saturday his son was not an Islamist and the French were only accusing him of terrorism to excuse the brutality used to stop him.

Abdullah Reda al-Hamamy, an Egyptian, was shot several times after attacking soldiers outside the museum crying "Allahu Akbar" on Friday, in what President Francois Hollande called a terrorist attack.

Al-Hamamy was initially feared to be close to death but doctors at the hospital where he is being treated no longer consider his life in danger, the Paris prosecutor's office said on Saturday.

Paint spray cans - but no explosives - were found in his back pack.

Back in Egypt, Hamamy's father, Reda Al Refaai, said he had learned of his son's case from Facebook and was still not aware of his fate.

“Is he alive? Is he dead? Was it really him?" he asked Reuters.

"For them to say in the end that he is a terrorist is nonsense ... This is a cover up so they don’t have to apologise or justify the acts of this soldier who used brute force with a poor young man of 29."

Al-Hamamy's uncle, Riyad al- Refaai, said: "I find it incomprehensible that a young man on his way to commit a terrorist act only has a knife with him. If you tell me he had a gun, a rifle, then yes, I’d believe you, but I don’t know ... All we want is the truth," he said.

Al Refaai said he son worked in Sharja in the United Arab Emirates and was on a business trip to Paris for a week. French authorities say al-Hamamy arrived in France on Jan. 26 after obtaining a tourist visa in Dubai.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-02-05

machete = lethal weapon

met with lethal force, if he or his relatives were expecting some other outcome then they really need a reality check and do some deep thinking

He is very lucky he survived - someone slipped up

The man's father is in denial or simply cannot accept not defending his son. To the objective observer the French Police acted in the only way possible to neutralize the threat. The only other explanation is the father was aware and his response is part of a planned narrative. Sad all the way around.

3 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

The man's father is in denial or simply cannot accept not defending his son. To the objective observer the French Police acted in the only way possible to neutralize the threat. The only other explanation is the father was aware and his response is part of a planned narrative. Sad all the way around.

Well denial is in Egypt.

28 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Sounds like he was planning to ruin some priceless WESTERN works of art with spray paint. How wonderful he was caught and shot. Maybe he would have stabbed someone as well. Daddy sounds like a loser. 

I missed the bit about spray paint!

Yes, pretty obvious main intent was to destroy fine artworks. What is the problem with these peasants? We revere ancient Egyptian art works. I guess they predate mohammed and are therefore worthless?

55 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Sounds like he was planning to ruin some priceless WESTERN works of art with spray paint. How wonderful he was caught and shot. Maybe he would have stabbed someone as well. Daddy sounds like a loser. 

Think you're right Alex. And the machete was to protect himself and fight off people who tried to stop him.

That would have been a massive propaganda coup and got massive media coverage.

Glad they stopped him.

His dad and uncle are just being silly. But denying everything and hoping you'll get away with it is fashionable now.

29 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I missed the bit about spray paint!

Yes, pretty obvious main intent was to destroy fine artworks. What is the problem with these peasants? We revere ancient Egyptian art works. I guess they predate mohammed and are therefore worthless?

All about their hatred for Western civilization and culture. Look how they destroy antiquities when they get the chance. They want anything that isn't part of Islam culture removing from the face of the earth.

Besides which the publicity for such an attack would be phenomenal.

Edited by Baerboxer

Did his father explain why his dindu nuffin son was carrying around a machete in Paris? Is there a lot of jungle to navigate in the city? But hey, let's open the floodgates and let more of these fine young men in.

5 minutes ago, bkkgriz said:

Did his father explain why his dindu nuffin son was carrying around a machete in Paris? Is there a lot of jungle to navigate in the city? But hey, let's open the floodgates and let more of these fine young men in.

I understood it was a machete in each hand.

Perhaps he's a big fan of Tomb Raider or something.

Just now, Chicog said:

I understood it was a machete in each hand.

Perhaps he's a big fan of Tomb Raider or something.

Two? Even better. I think you are on to something. Possible Egyptian remake of the movie. Shot the star. 

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

All about their hatred for Western civilization and culture. Look how they destroy antiquities when they get the chance. They want anything that isn't part of Islam culture removing from the face of the earth.

Besides which the publicity for such an attack would be phenomenal.

Total BS. Having lived and worked in Muslim Countries, I can tell you from first hand experience that the vast majority of Muslims respect and preserve antiquities. Only the ignorant that want to promote hatred would say otherwise. Egypt has preserved the pyramids and ancient buildings. Libya has the greatest examples of Roman cities and amphitheaters outside of Rome. Iraq has many sites from ancient Babylon. Only a few extremists such as ISIS and Al Qaeda destroy ancient antiquities and it is perpetrated against the majority of peaceful Muslims. The Western civilization merely looted their ancient antiquities in the past and even now are buying antiquities looted by ISIS.

Total BS. Having lived and worked in Muslim Countries, I can tell you from first hand experience that the vast majority of Muslims respect and preserve antiquities. Only the ignorant that want to promote hatred would say otherwise. Egypt has preserved the pyramids and ancient buildings. Libya has the greatest examples of Roman cities and amphitheaters outside of Rome. Iraq has many sites from ancient Babylon. Only a few extremists such as ISIS and Al Qaeda destroy ancient antiquities and it is perpetrated against the majority of peaceful Muslims. The Western civilization merely looted their ancient antiquities in the past and even now are buying antiquities looted by ISIS.

You have proof westerners are buying them ?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Estrada said:

The 'only a few extremists' line is always wheeled out after each and every terrorist attack. The bottom line is that those who utter this mantra would not have the soldiers in place to defend society against this oh-so-small group of individuals.

11 hours ago, Estrada said:

Only a few extremists such as ISIS and Al Qaeda destroy ancient antiquities and it is perpetrated against the majority of peaceful Muslims.

Only a few (hundred thousand) extremists....

Do you not remember when the Taliban destroyed those magnificent Buddha statues in Afghanistan in 2001. Then Isis destroyed Syrian and Iraqi antiquities, Islam prescribes that idols should be destroyed and smashed. Islam demands the destruction of idols. This is well documented.

Peaceful Islam is a myth. Islam demands submission. Islam is a religion of violence against the non believer. Islam cannot integrate with other religions and cultures, it must dominate and subdue by force. No Muslim female can marry a non Muslim and a Muslim male can only marry a Muslim female or a Person of the Book as decreed in the Quran. Hardly integration into other countries culture,

8 hours ago, i claudius said:

You have proof westerners are buying them ?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

I suppose you will come back and ask for copy of receipts. However...

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2016/feb/26/western-art-funding-terrorism-isis-middle-east

Edited by simple1