Recommendations for Condo Deep Cleaning and Painting Services? (Moving out, to get deposit back)

SS1

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a service in Bangkok that can do both, or separately for each job:

1. One time deep cleaning of a condo, as we are moving out and want our deposit back.

2. Re-painting of walls

The condo was new when we moved in, but with some wall marks from shoes, luggage and a little coffee shake incident by my gf the walls probably need re-painting. My girlfriend had a look at some painting services, but they were priced starting at 10k THB. Something doesn't quite add up, if a can of paint costs 1000 baht and construction workers get around 300 baht per day. So looking for someone with more reasonable prices.. 

Also if you don't know anyone, would be interesting to hear what would be appropriate prices to pay for these jobs for a 1-bedroom 39m3 condo? Thanks in advance. 

14 minutes ago, steve187 said:

does the lease allow you to do, or have painting done.

I have no idea to be honest, was just assuming I will leave the condo in a similar condition as when moved in (new). 

16 hours ago, SS1 said:

I have no idea to be honest, was just assuming I will leave the condo in a similar condition as when moved in (new). 

Repainting it without the owners permission may not be seen as leaving it in the same condition as it was originally.  If the owner doesn't like the way it is painted (and some tradesmen are not that particular) he could have very reasonable grounds for retaining your deposit particularly if you expect it to be done for the cost of a tin of paint plus B300.

Yes painting is not as easy as some think...you have to be extremely careful to cover or remove anything and everything that you dont want paint on,
the surface needs to be prepared /cleaned and the painter needs a steady hand and good eye to get straight lines/no bleed over into other colors.
Plastering/rendering,tiling and painting very important trades but very undervalued.

Thanks for the tips guys, I thought it was more simple than it is. 

I wonder if it's possible to find any cleaning product to clean stains off walls, such as black marks from shoes and coffee stains in the ceiling? The gf decided to do a "coffee shake" with my protein shaker that had the lid open, so you can imagine how the ceiling looks like. 

4 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

How long has the OP been renting?

It does sound like wear and tear.

10,000 to paint 39sqm?

Major rip but as others have said, probably not a good idea to paint without owner's consent.

1.5 years and the condo was new when we moved in. Yeah, most of the damages are reasonable wear and tear except for the stains in the kitchen walls. Personally if I was a landlord I would make the tenant pay for these. I would prefer to get it sorted beforehand though, as landlords are known to make a profit on these works in Bangkok. I hope I can find some effective way to clean them to a reasonable condition. 

coffee stains on the ceiling !
if it the normal "emulsion" paint then I dont think there much chance at all of cleaning the stain without leaving it looking patchy....if its a gloss paint (unlikely) then cleaning with normal household cleaning fluids could work.

Don't you need the owner's permission to undertake a major overhaul of his unit, e.g., painting? I would just clean the unit up best I could and then invite the owner in to discuss the amount he'll need to get it back to where it was when you moved in modulo routine wear and tear, which he gets to keep from the deposit.

I think most people would appreciate a straightforward approach and at the end of the day you're going to "win/lose" a few thousand baht, not an amount worth stressing over. And you get to leave on friendly terms (if you care).