120,000 Baht Stolen from back of Pickup Truck in Pattaya

webfact

120,000 Baht Stolen from back of Pickup Truck

By Danny Boy -

pickup-1-1.jpg?fit=945,630

A total of 120,000 Baht worth a gold and money stolen

PATTAYA: --  On February 5th, just after the stroke of midnight, Pattaya police were called to the scene of a burglary outside a restaurant in central Pattaya, totaling 120,000 Baht.

At the scene, police found the victim of the robbery, a 35 year old Thai male waiting patiently for police assistance. He told police that he had been out for something to eat with his family, and on returning to his vehicle, an Izuzu pickup truck, he saw nothing unusual. It was only when he started driving home, that he felt a rush of air coming into the car, and turned around to see that the back window had been smashed off and his bag missing from the back seat. At this point, he stopped the car and called for police.

He told police that the bag contained 25,000 baht in cash, a gold chain weighing 2 baht, which is roughly 39,000 baht, a gold ring worth a little over 25,000 baht, and a gold Buddhist chain weighing 1 baht, which was worth just under 20,000 baht. The total loss comes to just under 120,000 baht.

The money and gold were not too important for the victim however, it was the loss of the gold Buddhist amulet that was troubling him the most.

Police have polished the vehicle for finger prints and will be looking at CCTV images from the restaurant and surrounding area. Police also questioned some of the staff at the restaurant, but unfortunately no one saw anything that could help with the investigation.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/115000-baht-stolen-back-pickup-truck/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-02-06

If you leave your valuables in a bag in plain view in the back of your car in Pattaya (frankly anywhere around the world) then you are lazy, crazy or just plain stupid...
Someone stole my and my friend's bowling bags that we had left in the back of my car overnight during a 2 day tournament, we found the bag less than 100 meter's away... I guess that carrying 2 bags with 3 bowling balls each was to heavy for the thief(s). But hey who to blame, I was lazy not bringing them in from the car.

1 hour ago, Kasset Tak said:

If you leave your valuables in a bag in plain view in the back of your car in Pattaya (frankly anywhere around the world) then you are lazy, crazy or just plain stupid...
Someone stole my and my friend's bowling bags that we had left in the back of my car overnight during a 2 day tournament, we found the bag less than 100 meter's away... I guess that carrying 2 bags with 3 bowling balls each was to heavy for the thief(s). But hey who to blame, I was lazy not bringing them in from the car.

Yet it happens all the time, people just never learn. The same as the gold chain thefts in Pattaya, people line up like lambs to the slaughter, with 100,000 baht chains hanging around their necks. You just can't protect stupidity.

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Random smash and grab or is the guy known to carry around this stuff?

Those lowlife druggies/petty crooks on the search for money will smash any window if they see a bag, a jacket or even worse some precious stuff that is not covered.

I guess it was just a "lucky hit".

Why are so many posters assuming that people are insured against such loss?

Completely unrealistic.

22 minutes ago, manxninja said:

So his family got in the back and didn't notice glass everywhere, until they drove down the road.

I'm no cop, but id cry bullshit over this insurance claim.

This is what I asked me too before. Where him let his family? Because if they drove with him they MUST saw it.

9 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Pattaya: A place where people drive around with $4000 cash in a bag and nobody blinks an eye nor asks any follow-up questions ???

Why? It give all lot of stupid people.

Just think about how much people fly every day and put expensive things in the suitcase and not in the carry-on baggage. If it gone lost they got like nothing back from the airline/insurance.

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Those lowlife druggies/petty crooks on the search for money will smash any window if they see a bag, a jacket or even worse some precious stuff that is not covered.

I guess it was just a "lucky hit".

Why are so many posters assuming that people are insured against such loss?

Completely unrealistic.

Druggies? Where does it say that or are you maligning people out of prejudice? The vast majority of recreational drug users are law abiding  citizens in all other respects apart from the corrupt, hypocritical anti drug laws