New Condo Developments In Bangkok

• 1 year later...

I WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND FP CONDO (FAMILY PARK) THE BUILDING IS 100% COMPLETED AND THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS WITH THE MANAGEMENT AS THE DEVELOPER IS A BRIT AND RUNS THE BUILDING AS YOU WOULD EXPECT IN THE UK! A RARE FEAT HERE!

THE APARTMENTS ARE FITTED OUT WITH HIGH QUALITY FITTINGS AND COME WITH FRIDGES, TV'S AND AIR CON IN EVERY ROOM.

BEING WITHIN 2KM OF SUTTISAN MRT IT QUALIFIES FOR EASY MORTGAGES FROM THAI BANKS (THEY WILL LEND 95% IF WITHIN 2KM OF A STATION)

THE THAI 51% QUOTA HAS BEEN FILLED ALREADY AND OF 700 UNITS THERE ARE LESS THAN 100 LEFT)

I ALSO FIND IT COMFORTING TO KNOW THAT THE DEVELOPER HAS AN OFFICE IN THE BUILDING THAT IS OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK!

I KNOW THAT MANY OF THE HIGHER END CONDO'S WILL HAVE ISSUES WITH SERVICE CHARGE AS THE THAI QUOTA'S AREN’T SOLD, U CAN EXPECT YOUR SERVICE CHARGE TO DOUBLE !

AT 40,000 THB A SQ METER I DON’T THINK THAT THERE IS BETTER VALUE IN BANGKOK

I’M SURE THAT OVER TIME THE MRT AND BTS STATIONS WILL EVEN OUT THE BIG DIFFERENCES IN PRICE IN SOME OF THE AREAS IN BANGKOK, WHICH AT THE MOMENT MAKE NO REAL SENSE!

THERE IS ALSO A PROBLEM HERE WITH THE ISSUING OF CONDO LICENSES’ WHICH DEVELOPERS GET RETROSPECTIVELY ON COMPLETION . MANY ARE SO FAR OFF WHAT THEY HAD PERMISSION FOR ITS A JOKE - STORIES HAVING TO COME OFF THE TOPS OF BUILDINGS ETC.

WWW.FPCONDO.COM

WWW.AKANDOREALESTATE.COM

P.S. I THINK THE STORIES OF PEOPLE COMING BACK TO FIND THERE CONDOS SUB LET MAY BE MORE TO DO WITH WHO IS LOOKING AFTER THERE INTERESTS WHILE THERE AWAY !

STILL IT DOES HAPPEN – I REMEMBER A HUGE APARTMENT IN BICKENHALL MANSIONS IN BAKER ST LONDON. IT BELONGED TO THE MALAYSIAN ROYAL FAMILY , THEY WOULD CALL BEFORE USING THE FLAT TO GET IT AIRED (ALL OF TWO WEEKS A YEAR!)ETC. ONE OF THE PORTERS IN THE BLOCK WAS SHORT LETTING THE FLAT AT NEARLY 10,000 POUNDS A WEEK – IT HAD BEEN GOING ON FOR AGES BEFORE HE GOT CAUGHT !

Are there any good links to apartments in BKK?...something with a good search facility?

Sorry to have to say this..but 1.5 mil = tears before bedtime!

At this level, IF you ever decided to rent it out, you'd be renting it to the bottom end of the market, hoping to get 7,500 per month....then hoping you do actually get the rent.

Added to this, if you decide to sell it, I would have thought that it would be very difficult to sell.....but thats just my opinion.

I'm sorry to be so negative, but I cannot really understand why any foreigner would look at anything under say 4 million....that will get you into quite a good condo, well built, SECURE, well managed AND substantially cheaper than what you'd buy for the same quality where you had come from.

Buyers are retreating and builders are building.

Look for some smoking hot deals on property in the next year or so, I predict.

had to laugh; inept fortune telling for the future, where are the rest of his gang - harmonica (oil below $20 USD) and there was one other....BingoBongo I think?

had to laugh; inept fortune telling for the future, where are the rest of his gang - harmonica (oil below $20 USD) and there was one other....BingoBongo I think?

Yea, I had a good laugh when I read this one as well. Looks like the bubble just keeps getting bigger every year. On another thread I made a comment about how bingobongo reminded me of harmonica, but bingobongo is still writing his chicken little "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" posts.

Yea, I had a good laugh when I read this one as well. Looks like the bubble just keeps getting bigger every year. On another thread I made a comment about how bingobongo reminded me of harmonica, but bingobongo is still writing his chicken little "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" posts.

Interesting Donx, I challenged Bingobongo in May last year to either put up or shut up re property (condo) prices. His view (as always) was that they were going to collapse. I said, fine...IF they do in 1 year, I'll be the first to congratulate you on your foresight.

He DIDN'T commit.....just as well......it would have been another confirmation that his ill-researched predictions of gloom and doom are worthless rantings.

Skipper: "smoking hot deals on property"?

Do you mean "cheap" or a great opportunity to buy in?

If the former, doubtful, unless they are virtually shoe boxes, priced at under 2 million, that no-one really wants to live in...and if its the later, NOW is a great opportunity to buy in to anything of quality.

But the real trick to all this is.......you have to COMMIT !!!

"Look for some smoking hot deals on property in the next year or so, I predict..."

padthaiguy recently posted that the condo prices were going to plummet. He noted one project was selling for 130,000THB/sqm, and yet another one for 70,000THB/sqm. According to that analysis, he commented that the price has fallen by 50%. He then predicted that, within the next 2 years, condo prices were going to be substantially cheaper. Evidently, he believes that land, electricity, building materials, and labor are all going to be substantially cheaper in the next 2 years.

Good point glyph, welcome to the forum.

It could very well be that two projects can sell for different prices. They are targeting different market sectors. The differences are usually location, build specifications, design, and other costs.

Another reason for a lower price could be that a new projects has an old building permits with higher than usual floor to area ratios (i.e issued before most recent revision of the town plan) meaning that they can sell more units for less land investment. So they can deliver comparable products at a price advantage.

Probably not 50% less though but still cheaper. Developers may wish to pass on these savings to achieve shorter sales horizons, and in this competitive market a price advantage will definitely help!

"Look for some smoking hot deals on property in the next year or so, I predict..."

padthaiguy recently posted that the condo prices were going to plummet. He noted one project was selling for 130,000THB/sqm, and yet another one for 70,000THB/sqm. According to that analysis, he commented that the price has fallen by 50%. He then predicted that, within the next 2 years, condo prices were going to be substantially cheaper. Evidently, he believes that land, electricity, building materials, and labor are all going to be substantially cheaper in the next 2 years.

Wrong. Try a) Supply & demand & b.) Speculative Bubble.

Edited by dotcom

Don't get me wrong. There will always be buyers at the 180,000 baht a M2 level. I don't play there. Just like there is a waiting list for Bentley cars.

The cool thing about property investment is that, given enough time, timing mistakes usually correct themsleves. It's just human nature that we beat ourselves up for overpaying. (In the short haul).

Don't get me wrong. There will always be buyers at the 180,000 baht a M2 level. I don't play there. Just like there is a waiting list for Bentley cars.

The cool thing about property investment is that, given enough time, timing mistakes usually correct themsleves. It's just human nature that we beat ourselves up for overpaying. (In the short haul).

I loved the post - I believe the expression is it always 'takes balls!'

"It could very well be that two projects can sell for different prices. They are targeting different market sectors. The differences are usually location, build specifications, design, and other costs. "

That's exactly my point. bingobongo mentioned that a neighborhood goes bad when low-priced condos are built, and become vacant when expensive condos are built. I'm with you: a good neighborhood has housing at different price points, creating a sense of community. You're single and buy, you get married and move up, your family grows and you move into a larger unit. Your kids move out, and you (alone or not), buy something special for your retirement.

"It could very well be that two projects can sell for different prices. They are targeting different market sectors. The differences are usually location, build specifications, design, and other costs. "

That's exactly my point. bingobongo mentioned that a neighborhood goes bad when low-priced condos are built, and become vacant when expensive condos are built. I'm with you: a good neighborhood has housing at different price points, creating a sense of community. You're single and buy, you get married and move up, your family grows and you move into a larger unit. Your kids move out, and you (alone or not), buy something special for your retirement.

I agree - Bangkok has an incredible diversity of stock in many cases across just a few hundred meters, and indeed reminds me of Hong Kong some 30 years ago.

On Bonkers - just to ensure you are aware, he does not own nor live here, nor visit, but posts anything negative he can find on Thailand.

For the record I own here but only visit during holidays. IMO it is a great and culturally diverse city which is oddly not deserted, about 10m people I believe :o