Tourism Minister Korpkarn opens new Thailand privilege card project

webfact

Minister of Tourism and Sports opens new Thailand privilege card project

BANGKOK, 7 February 2017 (NNT) – The Minister of Tourism and Sports presided over the opening of the new Thailand privilege card project aimed at increasing sales to 400 million this year. 

Minister of Tourism and Sports Korpkarn Watthanawarangkura presided over opening ceremony of the new Thailand privilege card project, saying that this project was initiated in response to the tourism sector's growth, which resulted in an increased influx of quality tourists. 

The THAILAND Privilege Card Co (TPC) is a company regulated by the government. It has recently unveiled four new membership cards, which are believed to be a major driving factor in the government’s tourism projects that will help promote tourism, and work into supporting the development of the East Economic Corridor. 

TCP President Pruet Boobphakham said that in 2017 the company intends to increase its sales to 400 million baht, up by 10 percent from last year.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-02-07

1 hour ago, thhMan said:

What actually defines a quality tourist?
Someone who visits this place and goes back home without complaining?

A quality tourist is someone who visits quality destinations.

Or someone who visits Pattaya with a golden neckless and goes back home without it and not complaining.

1 hour ago, thhMan said:

What actually defines a quality tourist?
Someone who visits this place and goes back home without complaining?

Yes, after leaving behind a lot of money and possibly some personal articles.

1 hour ago, Naroge said:

Would be interesting to know what the benefits of all these four new cards are. Together with the already existing Elite card, there will now be five cards to chose from. Looking forward to see the spec.

Now all they need is another 47 and we can start playing poker.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

It has recently unveiled four new membership cards, which are believed to be a major driving factor in the government’s tourism projects that will help promote tourism, and work into supporting the development of the East Economic Corridor. 

One would expect that this announcement would have some details about exactly how these four new membership cards

differ from the current cards !

No, they can't even do a Press release right and they want you to spend money without telling you what your are buying , Do they really think that foreigners are really that stupid 

3 hours ago, Lupatria said:

A quality tourist is someone who visits quality destinations.

Or someone who visits Pattaya with a golden neckless and goes back home without it and not complaining.

I've never seen a neckless tourist.  Is that the same as 'nearly headless' (Harry Potter.)

How about necklace??

2 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

One would expect that this announcement would have some details about exactly how these four new membership cards

differ from the current cards !

No, they can't even do a Press release right and they want you to spend money without telling you what your are buying , Do they really think that foreigners are really that stupid 

Yes they actually do.

So what will happen when they sign off on the touted 10 year immigration visa deal which requires a large bank deposit (2 or 3 million, I can't remember)? This money has to remain banked for 1?? year after which time you can withdraw it.

Sounds a lot cheaper than paying up front 1 or 2 million baht for 20 years. The 1 million baht package  gives you no airport pick--up, no golf and spa package and no annual check-up. Big Deal.

6 hours ago, Naroge said:

Would be interesting to know what the benefits of all these four new cards are. Together with the already existing Elite card, there will now be five cards to chose from. Looking forward to see the spec.

I will be sticking to my tesco lotus card. It makes me feel special enough. I keep it next to my thai DL and by kasikorn atm card ???

I've heard of marijuana, crystal meth, ya ba, ecstasy, LSD, PCP and the rest but what is this woman on? Prozac?

The reports on the tourist numbers just seem to be made up, I say up as they are rarely down despite all the evidence to the contrary.

The world's media reports are full of tourist deaths, rapes, robberies and scams week after week, month after month, year after year, if they did something about that it might help encourage tourists to come here more than once.

Oh well, pass the bottle Somchai... TIT again!

:drunk: