AIS to offer HBO

RichCor

There was an ThaiTech article I missed yesterday...

chromecast.png

Google Chromecast to launch in Thailand, AIS to start streaming HBO

ThaiTech by ThaiVisa  |  JONATHAN FAIRFIELD  |  2017-02-06

Posting here as the comments are closed on the article.

Interesting development. I wonder if this had anything to do with True having to drop HBO?

Anyway, wondering how many people are interested in subscribing to this?

Until they list a price I am not interested, since there are many other ways to "legally" stream HBO

At their initial device price of 1,490 THB ($42.71 @ 34.88) you are already paying a $12.71 premium over Googles Play current price of $30 is any indicator I am sure the pricing will be just as inflated 

The article states " AIS customers will able to watch the channels via the AIS Playbox through its iOS and Android app."  Don't know if this is an actual piece of hardware or an app, but if it is an app, it is not listed @ Google Play

Too many questions right now 

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

Until they list a price I am not interested, since there are many other ways to "legally" stream HBO

At their initial device price of 1,490 THB ($42.71 @ 34.88) you are already paying a $12.71 premium over Googles Play current price of $30 is any indicator I am sure the pricing will be just as inflated 

The article states " AIS customers will able to watch the channels via the AIS Playbox through its iOS and Android app."  Don't know if this is an actual piece of hardware or an app, but if it is an app, it is not listed @ Google Play

Too many questions right now 

The AIS Playbox is a piece of hardware that requires activation. You can then do the usual Android stuff like stream to apps, dnla, cast the screen etc.

Best wait until the dust settles. The online streaming business has just started to wake up in Thailand and it appears some are late at the party .

True Corp plans to relaunch IPTV service after AIS grabs HBO channels

Suphakit Vuntanadit, deputy commercial officer of True Corp, said yesterday that his company was planning to reintroduce the IPTV service called “True TV”, which would be available via an Android smart box connected to the Internet, requiring a minimum speed of 15 megabits per second. 

He said True hoped the IPTV service would appeal to younger customers as an alternative to traditional pay-TV offerings via cable and satellite receivers. Using True’s advanced broadband network, True TV would be able to provide a fast and seamless viewing experience. 

Fast and seamless viewing experience? On iptv?  Oh, dear.

Archived