X-ray tech jailed for sexually assaulting patient

snoop1130

X-ray tech jailed for sexually assaulting patient

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

201702061639572-20041020105821-696x529.j

Kiattipoj Intaseth sits at a police station on Monday.

BANGKOK — A technician was fired from his job and behind bars Tuesday on suspicion of molesting a patient in a hospital X-Ray room.

Kiattipoj Intaseth was arrested and charged Monday for the assault, which took place at Muang Samut Paknam Hospital in southeast metro Bangkok. The 27-year-old suspect is now awaiting trial in prison, his bail denied by the court, according to a police officer in charge of the case.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/02/08/x-ray-tech-jailed-sexually-assaulting-patient/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-2-8

The reporter needs to get some better English capabilities.

Jailed implies convicted.

The correct word would have been 'held'.

Hardly balanced and actually unfair in terms of innocent until proved, in an appropriate judicial process, to be guilty. 

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

Hardly balanced and actually unfair in terms of innocent until proved, in an appropriate judicial process, to be guilty. 

You need to get some better English capabilities. He is being held in a jail awaiting trial. If convicted, he would be imprisoned.

At the most basic level, the fundamental difference between jail and prison is the length of stay for inmates. Think short-term and long-term. Jails are usually run by local law enforcement and/or local government agencies, and are designed to hold inmates awaiting trial or serving a short sentence.

Difference between jail and prison.

He also confessed.

Edited by seahorse
added sentence

6 hours ago, The man from udon said:

They've gone tough on him compared to some offenders,lost his job,banged up with no bail and looking at up to a 10 stretch for a bit of a fondle.mind you her papa is probably a general.

A bit of a fondle?

He sexually asssulted an unconscious road accident victim.

One who apparently, on regaining consciousness, found him sucking her breasts. 

If true, the man is a scumbag predator. 

Lost his job?

No, he abused his position and was dismissed to prevent him sexually assaulting other victims. 

Edited by Bluespunk

24 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

A bit of a fondle?

He sexually asssulted an unconscious road accident victim.

One who apparently, on regaining consciousness, found him sucking her breasts. 

If true, the man is a scumbag predator. 

Lost his job?

No, he abused his position and was dismissed to prevent him sexually assaulting other victims. 

I wouldn't quite label him a predator,he messed up big time and now has to pay the price..I was saying it's a bit harsh how he's been treated to other people.in this country you can kill 9 people in a car and get community work,be a policeman and shoot someone and get sent to a inactive post,accept massive bribes and get no punishment.it beats me why someone commits a sexual offence in Thailand when you can pay less than 500 baht for it in some places.im not sticking up for the man and his actions but he's obviously upset someone high up.hes probably got a family or dependents to look after and it seems to be unjust how he's been treated.i think a couple of weeks in the slammer,probation and some compensation to the victim would be appropriate in this case and not hung ,drawn and quartered.he was a hard working young man who stupid mistake has ruined his future.

3 hours ago, The man from udon said:

I wouldn't quite label him a predator,he messed up big time and now has to pay the price..I was saying it's a bit harsh how he's been treated to other people.in this country you can kill 9 people in a car and get community work,be a policeman and shoot someone and get sent to a inactive post,accept massive bribes and get no punishment.it beats me why someone commits a sexual offence in Thailand when you can pay less than 500 baht for it in some places.im not sticking up for the man and his actions but he's obviously upset someone high up.hes probably got a family or dependents to look after and it seems to be unjust how he's been treated.i think a couple of weeks in the slammer,probation and some compensation to the victim would be appropriate in this case and not hung ,drawn and quartered.he was a hard working young man who stupid mistake has ruined his future.

He didn't mess up or make a mistake. He assaulted  a woman for sexual gratification.

Messing up or making a mistake would be X raying the wrong part of the body. 

He hasn't been unfairly treated nor is it unjust. Far from it. He is getting exactly what his actions demand. 

As to family, he didn't think about his victim or her family when he sexually assaulted his victim. 

He didn't care about her and how the consequences of his actions might ruin her life. 

He sexually assaulted an unconscious road accident victim. 

He is scum. 

He is a predator. 

He deserves gaol. 

Who knows how many other women he has done this to and gotten away with it. 

#%*¥ him.

Let him rot where he now is. 

Edited by Bluespunk

5 hours ago, seahorse said:

You need to get some better English capabilities. He is being held in a jail awaiting trial. If convicted, he would be imprisoned.

Difference between jail and prison.

He also confessed.

English being not my mother tongue I thank you for the link :thumbsup:... at least I'v learnt someting on TV :smile:

5 hours ago, The man from udon said:

Messed up? Are you serious?

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Messed up? Are you serious?

Ok then he f@/£&  up big time,is that better?  Seriously if your going to quote on what I've said please try to add more than nit pick on one word and give a some sort of educated reply.i think it's people like you that pull these forums down to a low level.now go find some spelling mistakes on other people quotes and pull theirs down.or even better why don't you give us you quote on this story.

Edited by The man from udon
Added comment

6 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

Ok then he f@/£&  up big time,is that better?  Seriously if your going to quote on what I've said please try to add more than nit pick on one word and give a some sort of educated reply.i think it's people like you that pull these forums down to a low level.now go find some spelling mistakes on other people quotes and pull theirs down.or even better why don't you give us you quote on this story.

Sure, I will do that. When a person mess up or the later word that you mentioned, basically means that they make a misstake which in that case can be excused. Telling a story about working long shift, tired and confused and combining that with a wrongful act to another person just because being a pervert is not excusable. There you got it. That´s my point of view and quote on this story.

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Sure, I will do that. When a person mess up or the later word that you mentioned, basically means that they make a misstake which in that case can be excused. Telling a story about working long shift, tired and confused and combining that with a wrongful act to another person just because being a pervert is not excusable. There you got it. That´s my point of view and quote on this story.

That's better.we all know there is no excuse for what he did and by the way he's been treated he going to get the book thrown at him.when I first quoted on this story I was just pointing out the difference in the justice system here.i don't give a toss about what he gets but I would like to see the victim compensated.

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

He didn't mess up or make a mistake. He assaulted  a woman for sexual gratification.

Messing up or making a mistake would be X raying the wrong part of the body. 

He hasn't been unfairly treated nor is it unjust. Far from it. He is getting exactly what his actions demand. 

As to family, he didn't think about his victim or her family when he sexually assaulted his victim. 

He didn't care about her and how the consequences of his actions might ruin her life. 

He sexually assaulted an unconscious road accident victim. 

He is scum. 

He is a predator. 

He deserves gaol. 

Who knows how many other women he has done this to and gotten away with it. 

#%*¥ him.

Let him rot where he now is. 

He is not a sexual predator,he's a sex offender who took advantage of his position and the situation.he has admitted what he has done.a sexual predator can be defined as someone like me who prowls and hunts around lady bars for my own sexual gratification.so if you have any pals that go to bars and pick up ladies then you are associating with sexual predators.

Edited by The man from udon
Added comment

13 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

He is not a sexual predator,he's a sex offender who took advantage of his position and the situation.he has admitted what he has done.a sexual predator can be defined as someone like me who prowls and hunts around lady bars for my own sexual gratification.so if you have any pals that go to bars and pick up ladies then you are associating with sexual predators.

He is a predator.

He is scum.

Jail terms and fines need to be proportionate to the crime.  Murder, manslaughter, corruption, rape, assault  etc all deserve sentences which fit the crime, with any mitigating circumstances taken into account.  There is not much eveidence of any of this in Thailand, where your status (connections/wealth) in society have an overwhelming influence on the outcome not only of the penalty but also sometimes of the guilty/not guilty verdict itself.  Bearing in mind sentences dished out recently for various reported crimes, a possible 10 year jail term for this particular offence, serious though it is, does seem to be a bit over the top.  Had the lady in question been my daughter, I still would not want the offender to spend 10 years in a Thai jail.  A shorter term, with suitable compensation paid to the victim would be a better choice. 

Some police have done much worse and merely been transferred to an inactive post. Others have never even been prosecuted and it seems possible to steal millions, if not billions, of bahts without really ever having to face the music, particularly if you happen to belong to a temple. 

1 hour ago, The man from udon said:

I think the culprit would like the 2,000b fine.how do they work out the punishment in this country.its crazy.

You know, it´s not like it was told before. Here it is like up to 10 years or not 2000 maximum but another number or both. Maybe that makes it more understandeble for you.

Edited by Get Real

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why are the little people banged up awaiting trial whilst the big people are allowed out to arrange a new address usually in another country.

Unfortunately that happens all over the world.........Money Talks......I understand where you are coming from, but he confessed, and is, sorry, was, in a position of trust, something we have all needed for ourselves or our Family at some time in the past.

21 hours ago, scorecard said:

"....innocent until proved, in an appropriate judicial process, to be guilty."

You think that happens here in Thailand? Equal justice for all? Oh, no.