Walking Football in Chiang Mai

ThaiPauly

As one of the fastest growing sports in the UK I am trying to start a walking football team in CM.

If you want to know more about it then go on you tube.

Over 50's only, play once a week, I already have 8 people who are willing to give it a go, I need 5 or 6 more.

Not expensive, couple of hundred baht tops. 

If you live in CM and thought your footballing days were well behind you...you just may surprise yourself.It's a great way to get a bit of exercise for our worn out beer ravaged pumps.

Firstly look at it on youtube, then google it, then if you are interested pm me.

Could be fun ..and could possibly get bigger if it takes off.

Regards

TP

Ps....Only I will know your TV handle and will not make it public knowledge...once again only over 50's 

Outside, probably around 8 or 9 am...when it's cooler. Game lasts no longer than one hour with breaks for water every 15 minutes

There is a full football facility for 5 or 6 aside on the road that leads from Big C Hang Dong Road to Global House. We are going to scope out the venue tomorrow to get some idea of prices and availability but a friend who has played proper football there before tells me it's around 700 baht an hour.

I would like to start this within a few weeks...but Chaing Mai...I thought you were Bridlington  bound?

Edited by ThaiPauly

14 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Outside, probably around 8 or 9 am...when it's cooler. Game lasts no longer than one hour with breaks for water every 15 minutes

There is a full football facility for 5 or 6 aside on the road that leads from Big C Hang Dong Road to Global House. We are going to scope out the venue tomorrow to get some idea of prices and availability but a friend who has played proper football there before tells me it's around 700 baht an hour.

I would like to start this within a few weeks...but Chaing Mai...I thought you were Bridlington  bound?

I am indeed but I have a friend who lives nearby and he's keen on soccer but is getting on in years, this might be just the thing to get him such much needed exercise - I'll pass along the details along with your name and see what he thinks.

I found the rules by googling walking football rules.I can't understand why you can't find them. I can't remember exactly where though. But there is not much difference between 5 aside rules except you cannot run or jog....gotta walk

Good luck to you BB, hope you can get something started down there.

I'm just about to go out but will have another look when I get home, unless you post to say you have found them

I found the rules by googling walking football rules.I can't understand why you can't find them. I can't remember exactly where though. But there is not much difference between 5 aside rules except you cannot run or jog....gotta walk

Good luck to you BB, hope you can get something started down there.

I'm just about to go out but will have another look when I get home, unless you post to say you have found them.

Got them now www.walkingfootballunited.co.uk/rules-c1th6

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Great idea (though I won't be joining you guys up in CM)!

Help me out here. I was thinking of introducing it at work but when I googled it I couldn't find the rules, format, etc. Can you point me in the right direction?

Rules, format !!!!  read the OP,  Walking Football, football where you can't run, why would you need any different rules ?   

not unless there are specific rules about where you can put your zimmer frame on the pitch or what about if you touch the ball with your walking stick :cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn

1 hour ago, champers said:

If walking football is only for the over 50s, someone needs to have a word with Daniel Sturridge and Yaya Toure.

Blimey champers. Are you saying you wouldn't have Yaya in your team? He's a defensive midfielder, he isn't supposed to be running around like an headless chicken. There ain't many who can steal the ball off him when he has possession, he's excellent at dribbling (but I suppose many over 50's dribble well also but from the mouth) :smile: and his passing accuracy is excellent. He's just one of those players who looks like he's ambling about but he does cover quite a bit of ground. His job isn't to be sprinting around though.

I'm afraid I would have shown him the door after the birthday cake incident. I was gobsmacked that someone his age would want a cake & then even more gobsmacked when City actually went and bought him one.

My club is on it's way back down the toilet (financially speaking). We are losing £800 k per month and our owners won't or can't invest any money. Our annual wage bill is just short of £30 million. Despite all this plus a transfer embargo and our best player going to Forest we are 3rd in our league with 2 home games coming up. Happy days.

Bolton spelt backwards is NOTLOB...sounds good...I think it came from  Monty Python sketch.

Anyway not enough interest here in CM...just gonna let this run for now and when it falls off the first page I will probably ask for the thread to be closed