What car? Mazda 2?

The Mazda 2 has just been updated for MY17.   Nothing too fancy except a new steering wheel design and updated graphics for the instrument cluster and HUD.   On the exterior a shark fin antenna and a chrome strip on the fog lamps.    There's suppose to be some tweaks to the engine and gearbox for better response. (diesel engine only)   Also improved NVH levels.     It's now standard equipped with G-Vectoring Control for improved stability and steering control.    Price for the top model diesel went up by THB 28,000  to 789,000 (XD sports high plus L) 

edit : *New brown leather trim available as well*

P1J13347l-1200x848.jpg

P1J13356s-1200x840.jpg

Edited by sjonburi
updated with pics

On 2/11/2017 at 4:06 PM, JacChang said:

The hatchback will certainly surprise you when you really need the space to load up on items. I was able to load in a kitchen table in which would not be possible with a sedan.

was there enough room to set the chairs around it

41 minutes ago, sjonburi said:

The Mazda 2 has just been updated for MY17.   Nothing too fancy except a new steering wheel design and updated graphics for the instrument cluster and HUD.   On the exterior a shark fin antenna and a chrome strip on the fog lamps.    There's suppose to be some tweaks to the engine and gearbox for better response. (diesel engine only)   Also improved NVH levels.     It's now standard equipped with G-Vectoring Control for improved stability and steering control.    Price for the top model diesel went up by THB 28,000  to 789,000 (XD sports high plus L) 

edit : *New brown leather trim available as well*

P1J13347l-1200x848.jpg

P1J13356s-1200x840.jpg

a lot of money for a small car, but admit if a high milage driver the diesel engine will recoup some of the money

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, steve187 said:

was there enough room to set the chairs around it

Only the top models have those options included unfortunately mine doesn't. Mine just gets the basic needs done. When you pop open the engine hood and remove the plastic engine cover, it's very convenient to cook anything there plus the engine bonnet acts like a umbrella shade especially when there is a lot of sunshine on that day. The cooking heat is adjustable too, just call one of the kids to step on the accelerator. Once everyone has enjoyed their meal, the car comes with an automatic dish cleaning feature too. Just put the plates on the windshield and flicker a switch near the instrument panel. The fluid comes with detergent so it should remove most of the oil off the dishes. The engineers were so thoughtful to even include a place to dry your plates. Turn the steering wheel to the full maximum and voila simply put the plates neatly into the black rugged rubbers, fits nice and snug.

We purchased a new Mazda 2 1.5 diesel, nearly 6 months ago.  We have only done 2,500 kms, but the selling dealer has reminded us that the car needs a 6 month, or 10,000 kms service. Upon checking the owners handbook, this is indeed the case, and the book tells me that the engine oil and filter need to be replaced. No problems so far.  The engine requires 5.1 litres of oil for the change if the filter is changed at the same time.

My problem is.......there are two Mazda dealers in Udonthani.  The supplying dealer wants 1,900 baht for the oil and filter, and the other dealer wants 2,100 baht for the same service.  Comparing these prices with what I pay for an oil and filter change on my 3 litre Isuzu D-Max, (takes more oil) usually about 1,200 baht, I am suspecting someone is overcharging.

Does anyone have any information about this please?

2 minutes ago, Geoffsilverfox said:

We purchased a new Mazda 2 1.5 diesel, nearly 6 months ago.  We have only done 2,500 kms, but the selling dealer has reminded us that the car needs a 6 month, or 10,000 kms service. Upon checking the owners handbook, this is indeed the case, and the book tells me that the engine oil and filter need to be replaced. No problems so far.  The engine requires 5.1 litres of oil for the change if the filter is changed at the same time.

My problem is.......there are two Mazda dealers in Udonthani.  The supplying dealer wants 1,900 baht for the oil and filter, and the other dealer wants 2,100 baht for the same service.  Comparing these prices with what I pay for an oil and filter change on my 3 litre Isuzu D-Max, (takes more oil) usually about 1,200 baht, I am suspecting someone is overcharging.

Does anyone have any information about this please?

The M2 Sky-D uses full synthetic oil, does you old D-max use the same ?

The 10k service price according to the Mazda website is Bt.1816.00.

https://www.mazda.co.th/assets/customer-cares/scheduled-maintenance/2016/mazda2d-15.pdf

1 hour ago, Geoffsilverfox said:

Many thanks for that info.  I think will just have to pay up and bite the bullet.

I go too the new one now, I buy my own oil and get them to use that instead of the Castrol oil they use. Go in and ask the reception. By the way I buy my oil in Do home found it a lot cheaper.

1 hour ago, GARYZX6R said:

I go too the new one now, I buy my own oil and get them to use that instead of the Castrol oil they use. Go in and ask the reception. By the way I buy my oil in Do home found it a lot cheaper.

assuming your car is under new car warranty, not using the recommended oil does it void the warranty ?

assuming your car is under new car warranty, not using the recommended oil does it void the warranty ?

The annual service don't cost a fortune. I really recommend to do it your (Mazda) dealer.

A regular service at your dealer also increases the re-sale price.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

14 hours ago, Don Mega said:

It's just out of warranty now ,would ask if the oil you want to use is acceptable for warranty purposes. Also do it for my motorcycle bring my own oil,which is under warranty. Saves quite a bit and get to use the oil I want not there over priced oil.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:05 AM, JAS21 said:

Google 'ECU Thailand' ... Ritter Gunther or something like that ...

Thanks for this, I'd been going to Motor Expos and other shows looking for dyno shops, and had no luck. Their site is easy enough, ecuthailand.com

Sam

36 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

Thanks for this, I'd been going to Motor Expos and other shows looking for dyno shops, and had no luck. Their site is easy enough, ecuthailand.com

Sam

If its for tuning the M2 Diesel also check out FeeliQ, I dont think they have a website but you can find them facebook.

They tune many and also assist with the tuning of the Innovation Motorsports M2 diesels.

16836559_145248619325721_205895124087244

To all who wants to tune the Mazda 2 Diesel: Do you ever made a test drive?

On paper, the Diesel engine seems to be underpowered. But it has a lot of torque.

I had the chance to ride a Mazda 2 Sedan from Roi-Et province to Bangkok. We were 4 adults and the trunk full of baggage.

The Mazda 2 Diesel is very quick - and also quite comfortable. I am 1.71 and had no problems to find a comfortable position behind the wheel or on the back seats.

3 minutes ago, juehoe said:

On paper, the Diesel engine seems to be underpowered. But it has a lot of torque.

I had the chance to ride a Mazda 2 Sedan from Roi-Et province to Bangkok. We were 4 adults and the trunk full of baggage.

The Mazda 2 Diesel is very quick - and also quite comfortable. I am 1.71 and had no problems to find a comfortable position behind the wheel or on the back seats.

When you are old slow seems fast ... well that is my experience anyway ???

2 minutes ago, juehoe said:

Yes, ive driven a work colleagues tuned one (not sure who tuned it) and whilst a few more HP and torques are nice (bear in mind warranty is voided) to me in  typical daily driving made little difference (yes stock it is a zippy little grocery getter)  however to me the biggest difference was the removal of throttle lag that seems to be the bane of all drive by wire vehicles.

Yes, ive driven a work colleagues tuned one (not sure who tuned it) and whilst a few more HP and torques are nice (bear in mind warranty is voided) to me in  typical daily driving made little difference (yes stock it is a zippy little grocery getter)  however to me the biggest difference was the removal of throttle lag that seems to be the bane of all drive by wire vehicles.

I newer noticed a throttle lag on my 4 Skyactiv Mazdas.

Give it a bootfull, its very real.
4 skyactiv  ownerships in  under 3 years is impressive. do you  keep crashing them ?

No I replaced them.

The Mazda 3 was fun to drive - but too low for me, so I exchanged it after a year with the CX-3. I choose the Gasoline engine, because the Diesel was not available at the beginning. I also like the Gasoline engine. The Mazda 3 proved, that it is a good engine with enough power and a good fuel consumption, far more better than the Ford-based Mazda 3's we owned before.

We had one of the first CX-5 Diesel, what it was launched. I changed than to the face lifted version because of the safety improvements - and because I got a good offer from my Mazda dealer.

I will probably switch to the new CX-5. But I hope that a new CX-7 will be introduced. My dream car would be the CX-9 (and an MX-5 RF).