Pedophile Thai teacher asked students to masturbate him in the lunch hour, claims 12 year old

rooster59

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, optad said:

When will agencies in thailand force school to do the required proper vetting stipulated in the current regulations? Technically you need police checks from host country to work as a teacher. Never happens. 

Solution. Put the onus on the principals. Legal onus. It will change their financial circumstances overnight if you fine them for staff infractions if unchecked and be a win for the industry, parents  and students alike. Time to clean it up and this is the easiest first step.

No offence to ethical uncredentialed farang teachers out there, but the days of being 'joe smith' in a children's environment are over in the real world. Only exist in thailand and that is just wrong by extension.

If you work with children, we need to know who you are/

Did you even read the full headline? It was a THAI teacher. The teacher was a THAI person. The teacher was a citizen of THAI extraction. Understand now. It was not a farang teacher. C'mon man, you can do better than that.

24 minutes ago, bkkgriz said:

Did you even read the full headline? It was a THAI teacher. The teacher was a THAI person. The teacher was a citizen of THAI extraction. Understand now. It was not a farang teacher. C'mon man, you can do better than that.

Nothing changes re vetting regardless whence the teacher came from. If there is history behind that person we should be allowed to discover what it is, is the point.

Thailand has not done one thing to combat errant teachers abusing children be they thai or farang.

They do not have in place a legal working with children's check which shares information with other teaching agencies. Do this and then one infraction saves children globally is my point. It is reciprocal and designed to vet recidivists at the very least as most child offenders are.

I reiterate -  If you work with children, we need to know who you are/

Edited by optad

I'm afraid a lot worse than masturbating goes on right now in 1000s of Thai homes .  Nothing we can do about it because there will be no evidence if the victims decides not to speak up. 

7 hours ago, Eligius said:

One of the more shocking things I have experienced in Thailand happened in Bangkok about 9 years ago: I was walking past a secondary school for girls in Bangkok, and on the other side of the road, directly opposite the school, stood a Thai man with his trousers and underpants down around his ankles and with a clearly visible erection - masturbating himself as he looked at the girls coming out of the school. None of the Thai pedestrians, who saw this incident, did a thing; nobody phoned the police - they just carried on about their business. 

I later spoke to a Thai friend (a university-educated hospital worker) about this, and he said: 'It happens sometimes. But it does not harm anyone. No big problem'.

What?!!!

Thanks for reminding me. I am writing up my story of 'why wife and I are leaving' and you reminded me of a similar episode I witnessed a year or so ago. I also got back the same sort of response and was flabbergasted (but did the Expat thing and ignored it). Added to the list.

teaching in the Thai system is not about "teaching" as we look at it. 

but Thailand had been trying to decentralize the schools for many decades.  

the narrative against it now is it's about 'primo health cover in exchange for the sacrifice of getting a low salary'... that they would have much less leverage if the schools were locally managed.... because they would no longer be subsumed in the same health cover pool as the medical workers in that very service get for themselves? and that's it?

but. what in this world is more important than a child's education? more so now, than ever, in Thailand as well?

Edited by maewang99

Maybe a start would be for the schools to make it clear in assembly that any inappropriate behaviour by any member of staff or even other students should be reported immediately and then be acted upon without any comeback for the child. In this land of smoke and mirrors and secrets and lies, people are seldom confident enough to speak up.

14 minutes ago, the guest said:

... and a picture of the Thai suspect, or it is foreigners which are just paraded for the public to see.

He hasn't been charged yet, anyone who has been formally charged can have their photograph in the press, anyone not charged and only accused cannot, the same in most countries, and most probably your own.

8 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

He hasn't been charged yet, anyone who has been formally charged can have their photograph in the press, anyone not charged and only accused cannot, the same in most countries, and most probably your own.

Why in Pattaya newspaper always see photos of Indian Tourists who been robbed by some beachroad ladyboy.They never been charged or accused for anything but i do not think they happy with their photo is in the magazine.The teacher photo should be published!

5 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why in Pattaya newspaper always see photos of Indian Tourists who been robbed by some beachroad ladyboy.They never been charged or accused for anything but i do not think they happy with their photo is in the magazine.The teacher photo should be published!

I am referring specifically to those who have been accused but not yet charged, if you put their photo in the paper and then they are later found innocent then they can sue you and they will win, the same the world over.  Say you get accused of something you have not done, say kiddy fiddling, would you be happy for your photo and name to be in the papers?  Think about it, innocent until found guilty, I am sure the short while until he gets charged and they do put his picture in the paper will fly by and you will wonder why you made such an impatient fuss.

9 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

I am referring specifically to those who have been accused but not yet charged, if you put their photo in the paper and then they are later found innocent then they can sue you and they will win, the same the world over.  Say you get accused of something you have not done, say kiddy fiddling, would you be happy for your photo and name to be in the papers?  Think about it, innocent until found guilty, I am sure the short while until he gets charged and they do put his picture in the paper will fly by and you will wonder why you made such an impatient fuss.

Hmmm Indians also not happy with pictures of them in their boxershorts explaining 2 ladyboys has robbed him.same same.?

Normally if accused only still photo can but with black balk over the eyes.

11 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

It`s the same everywhere only in Thailand these people are either suspended or discretely moved to other locations where it`s out of sight, out of mind as to protect the reputations and credibility of the institutions they work for.

Interestingly enough, that description fits the actions of the Catholic Church.

22 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Which were you a boy or a girl when you were 12 ?  I remember playing football at school about 55 years ago and the PE teacher asked a boy if he had the time . The boy replied " Yes if you have the money sir ".

You are a born businessman I must say.

23 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Been researching this story but can't find a picture of the teacher. I have the school and one of the victims but no teacher. Why? Anyone have?

1486813843876.jpg1486813855731.jpg1486813864962.jpg1486813879971.jpg1486813890334.jpg

If you find it and post it and then he is never charged or charged but not found guilty, then you are going to jail and paying him a lot of money, that's a simple fact in Thailand.

6 hours ago, optad said:

When will agencies in thailand force school to do the required proper vetting stipulated in the current regulations? Technically you need police checks from host country to work as a teacher. Never happens. 

Solution. Put the onus on the principals. Legal onus. It will change their financial circumstances overnight if you fine them for staff infractions if unchecked and be a win for the industry, parents  and students alike. Time to clean it up and this is the easiest first step.

No offence to ethical uncredentialed farang teachers out there, but the days of being 'joe smith' in a children's environment are over in the real world. Only exist in thailand and that is just wrong by extension.

'optad': I do agree with you fully, except for the: 'Only exist in Thailand', but would agree with replacing it by: 'Mostly in third World countries', what Thailand, no doubt is, but Thais will deny, making the circle round...

10 hours ago, fstarbkk said:

Rather like the roman catholic church, isn't it?

Well, that point certainly hits the mark: it's easy to point the finger at Thailand's shortcomings when it comes to child protection, and rightly so; but it's no worse than virtually every western country...most with vastly more resources and so many more laws, statutes, bills of rights, social workers. 

In Australia it is suggested that more than 10% of priests engaged in predatory sexual exploitation of children, over decades. Thousands of victims. How many were identified and expelled by the church? Two? In 100 years?

But the guy up to his miserable neck in covering it up, even if not a direct participant, is sitting in Rome, senior advisor to the guy in the red socks, apparently unrepentant and certainly untouchable. It's difficult to feel too 'holier than thou' in respect of Thailand regarding such matters ( not to say it isn't repulsive for certainly it is).

^^^Nice post prbkk

Cardinal George Pell. Up to his eye balls in deflection and old school evasion. Stops reconciliation  and forward movement happening.

Also, this requires an ageist statement on my behalf. These guys /bishops et al/ were just too removed to know what is going on yet responsible for so much. They were feeble.... but gross crimes happened and were perpetuated under their watch because of their watch. Sinister.

I knew his predecessor, Mulkearns too. Just an undeveloped person with great authority. We know the consequences now. Awful stuff.

20 hours ago, Centrum said:

I expect you have some concrete figures to base your assumption around? or maybe not.

'many'? Well, how many exactly is 'many'?

Do you even have an idea of how many teachers are out there?

The percentage of bad teachers is very small.

Your post sounds like you're projecting

Lots of teachers in Thailand.  "Many" can mean either percentage wise or numerically.  In the second sense of "many" he could still be right.  For example, 200 is (reasonably) many but still only 1% of 20,000.

Try reading past the first word of the headline. It's a THAI teacher.

On 11/02/2017 at 0:12 AM, macksview said:

teacher suspended?, ped should be locked up until the investigation has run it's course.

mind you the investigation into 10 young girls from nakon nowhere,  being groped/abused by their teacher, will probably be less thorough than the investigation into the poor bunnies, image theft case.

This will not be a happy ending